Ratings for Dr. Cory Sul

We're referred to Dr Sul by another dentist for our little son. Here is the summary of what we experienced: 1) Receptionist is very rude 2) The first hygienist lady could not even take tooth x-ray for my son.. she tried 8 -10 times with no success and causing unnecessary pain and discomfort to our little one. 3) Doctor himself seems to be in his own, he decided to treat a tooth in the next visit without even explaining us what the situation is. We could get only little explanation only when we asked it for. 3) They asked us to pay the whole bill amount right away, and also send claim to our insurance. Later we found that our insurance did not cover one of the treatment they performed. Whereas my other dentist will always check and clarify with us if any treatment is not covered in my insurance They were also not supposed to perform another exam as it was already performed by the dentist who referred us. and so was the cleaning polishing. They did all this to make their money. Other: 1) Reception does not take your phone calls (at least 90% of the times), you have to leave message and its up to them when they call you back. 2) Staff is neither experienced nor polite. The only good this they have is the play structure for kids.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I've been going to drsul since I was 4 (now 20) it wasn't until the last couple visits I realized an issue. The staff pester the extra treatments. (I have one miscolored tooth due to braces which thEy push me to have the tooth itself died, not covered by insurance and completely unessasary) I went in with a tooth ache inbeyween 6 month check ups they said nothing is wrong, going back a month later I suddenly have 2 cavities in the spot I said hurt in the first place!! Dr.sul never works on you himself it's always the assistants and someone them are insanely rough! I haven't made an appointment to have the cavities filled and they call both my house and my cell phone once a week to remind me to book an appointment. They are extremely over priced, I have insanely good coverage and still have to pay on top!!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

My son (5) visited for a cleaning at the end of Feb. Everything went fine. Two weeks later, he's complaining of a sore tooth. Take a good look in his mouth and part of a molar has broken away. Took him to a different dentist and they immediately spot 2 cavities and note that molar cavity was so deep it went to the root. This didn't occur in the two weeks since the visit to Dr. Sul. Whether it be poor training or incompetence, this is unacceptable. This, in addition to their billing practices, is more than enough not to return.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Have taken my kids to Dr Sul for a few years. He is very friendly but he has made some inappropriate comments in front of my children and pushes things like sealants that I do not want. He checks their teeth before they are cleaned. He is over priced and you need to pay first before they send in to insurance company. Won't be going back. He seems to only care about making money not the heal of people's teeth.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I had bad experiences with dentists as a child which resulted in me not seeing one for 8 years or so. When I was 17 I went to see Dr Sul and told him and the assistant about my fear of dentists.. they were very understanding and made me feel very comfortable. 3 1/2 years later I am still going to see Dr. Sul and I love going! Thanks to him I have a perfect smile. An orthodontist i went to see told me to deal with my two front teeth being crooked and not to get braces but Dr Sul understood it bothered me and suggested a retainer to make more room for my teeth to straighten and it worked:) the other comments mention how the assistants were doing a dentists job but from my experience that is not true.. the assistants have only ever cleaned my teeth and set up for Dr. Sul which what their job is and they do a fabulous job. Dr Sul is the one who always did my fillings, putting my teeth to sleep and other important procedures along with checking in regularly when it wasn't him working in my mouth. Dr. Sul is a great dentist ! I would recommend him to everyone. The environment there is also very nice all the staff are beyond friendly.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Basically everyone that has commented so far has been a hater.... And I wouldn't say useful to anyone looking for a review. They're all complaining about how their kids cry and the dentist - MOST kids DO cry at the dentist's office! Get a grip! I've been going to Dr. Sul for a few years now and he has been great! Also, people are complaining that Dental Assistants have been cleaning their child's teeth - dental assistants are trained professionals, so I don't know why they're all complaining, and do you think Dr. Sul is an octopus and can work on every kid that has an appointment at that time? They book multiple kids at the same time, so that is where dental assistants come in! It wouldn't be a very successful dentist's office if they could only take one patient at a time! And, Dr. Sul checks up on every kid at the end of the appointment, so it's not like you're left hanging - Yes, a qualified dentist has confirmed that your child's teeth are just fine. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Sul!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Here is my issue wit Dr Sul, my kids love the games and TVs etc. However when I pay for a dentist at Manitoba dental rates I do not want a hygienist or assistant doing the work. Outside of occasionally looking at my kids teeth after a cleaning Dr Sul has performed no dentistry on my child. My child has had fillings performed by other staff (not trained dentists) which I was not comfortable with. However the final stroke for me was a sports injury my child sustained which required a baby root canal and a crown. Again no Dr. Sul instead a non dentist staff member. He never even checked the work. The assistant was rude and condescending to my scared child and spouse. I will never send my child there again. Read these ratings with a grain of salt. All the kids love the extras but it is lipstick on a pig. Not sure what dentistry Dr. Sul does but clearly he has a production line of lower salaried staff doing the heavy lifting while charging full price and sacrificing quality.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

I do not recommend this dentist. It was my daughter's first visit to the dentist. We were told she needed a root canal. (and also that she would need braces when she is older..she is only 5 and on her first set of teeth still!...inappropriate I thought for her first visit)We went back to have her root canal done, but it was not Dr. Sul who was going to work on her teeth but a dental therapist.??? The dental therapist was very nervous and made us all feel uncomfortable. My daughter was crying and said she did not want to stay....the therapist told me that I was too close to my daughter and should have someone else bring her next time....very rude and unprofessional. We left and I am so glad we found a FABULOUS dental clinic......children's dental world...I recommend that clinic...my daughter loves going there!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

i have been going to dr sul for many years. i never had a problem with him until i got older. one day i went in for a check up, he told me nothing was wrong except i needed to have one of my baby teeth removed (fang tooth) my tooth was not bugging me in any way so i simple said no. then i recived many on going phone calls and voice mails telling me to make an appointment to get my tooth removed. so finally i gave in. i went in for the appoint. sul did not do the sugery, another staff member did. after the tooth was removed he finally came in and told me my tooth would take months even years to grow in. i burst into tears (im an 18 year old girl without a front tooth.) he told me to make another appoint. to get a filling for a flap (a retainer with a fake tooth)that would cost me $75 for his mistake. i was furious. a year an a half later my tooth is only half way grown in. sul sure knows how to take your money, now im very self conscious about my smile. i have now since switched doctors!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

Everyone who posted something that said something bad about the assistants is straight up ignorant. To become a dental assistant you have to go to college, where you learn how to fill cavities, and properly clean teeth. They don’t just put up a sign outside and people walk in off the street. I went to Dr. Sul as a kid and i damn well enjoyed it, obviously all kids are not going to be ok with strangers drilling in their teeth, it hurts a lot. At any dentist office you'll get kids who love their dentist and kids who hate their dentist. Just because you got stuck with one of the haters doesn’t give you the right to discredit a good dentist when you yourself know absolutely nothing about dentistry.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2010