Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey W. Buncher

I have been seeing Dr. Buncharted for over a year now. I have read the negative reviews, and personally I have never had any of that happen to me. Dr. Buncher and his staff have always been nice and professional. Dr. Buncher has given me excellent care. I see him for my Soboxone, and he is my primary physician. He's always very thorough and takes care of all my medical needs. I was in the hospital a few months ago, and he had his nurse call everyday to check on me, and she continued to check on me everyday after I came home. I love Dr. Buncher and would not think of going anywhere else, he's a caring, and wonderful doctor as far as I'm concerned. To those posting negative reviews, maybe you're the one at fault, by not doing what you're supposed to.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Wait time was 2 hours. visit with Dr, 5 minutes. staff Staff is very kind and helpful. Dr just wants to fill up the office and his wallet with money. No real concern shown other than the dollar bill.Lots of therapy and bill paying services for nothing. There was a tall older woman with blonde/ grey hair berating the staff in front of patients. Not a pleasant situation to watch.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Have come to see Dr Buncher every month for the last 9 years. Everyone is always very friendly and helpful. Dr Buncher has made many very good suggestions and treatment options over the years. Rarely will you ever have to wait more than 15 minutes to be seen. The doctor and staff stick to the rules and I think some of the bad reviews are from people trying to break the rules. I have had to see pain management doctors since 1999 and Dr Buncher is by far the BEST doctor I have seen. I am very picky so a compliment coming from me is unusual but this doctor and staff deserve it.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Staff is rude, no respect, lots of turnover. all around horrible, not to mention billing my insurance $700. (50 co-pay) for a monthly 30 minute visit.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Wow!!! I cannot begin to tell you how surprised I am by the patients who wrote poor reviews about Dr. Buncher, his staff, and his very sweet and beautiful wife, Beth. I have had the complete opposite experience with his entire office. Dr. Buncher expects his staff to be knowledgeable and know their job. Having Crohn's disease since I was 19 (I am now 55) & with dozens of surgeries behind me, I'm left with chronic pain, and a dysfunctional digestive system.He is so easy to talk to and so down to earth. He has always treated me with respect, doesn't rush me through my appt., and ensures my pain is controlled so I am able to have the best quality of life possible considering my situation. My well being and comfort is his first priority which I have experienced at every visit. I am so blessed and grateful that he is a part of my medical team. I'd be lost without his expertise and cannot thank him enough for everything he has done for me and continues to do!!! C. Mason

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

If you value professionalism as it relates to confidentiality, this isn't the ideal physician to use. A doctor is only as strong as the team he has to support his business and the patients. There is a lack of communication and control between what Dr Buncher expects from his staff and the negative results caused by the teams actions as it relates to keeping your treatment in house. I'm thankful for what Dr Buncher has done for me personally but I'm very disappointed in his team and the undue stress and embarrassment caused from he sharing of treatment. I was promised that the reasons I started seeing him wouldn't effect me in he long run but that promise wasn't delivered.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

Dr. Buncher is a very arrogant Doctor. He makes you wait for 3 hours waltzes in for 3 minutes and then writes your next prescription after counting your pills. He doesn't make any sort of diagnosis of how you are doing or what changes there are, even if you are better. Just wants you to use his xray, physical therapy and acupuncturist. Very poor experience and terribly ineffective. Doesn't pay any attention to what he is doing. one month he increase my pills by 100 without even catching it! His wife is the office manager and is very very unkind to the patients and the staff. Staff usually turns over about every 6 weeks. The staff that is there now is obviously dipping into the box! The newest office manager is not very bright either. Perky just not bright. If you can find a physician who is competent, I advise you not go there!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

This Dr. treats his patients horribly and frankly if you are there to see him about suboxone then it's even worse. All he cares about is your money and this attitude is reflected in his actions. Also the few times I did see him my wait time each time was a minimum of 2-3 hours. On top of this he charged me more than my co-pay telling me my insurance wouldn't cover it. Funny my new Dr. does exactly what he did and all I pay is my $3.40 co-pay and not an extra $100-$150 dollars per visit like when I was seeing Dr. Buncher.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

My best Dr. ever. Dr. Buncher knows what wrong or it does not take him long to find out. Rated 5 of 5 for everything. He demands excellence from his staff which sometimes requires staff turnovers, but it's for the patients benefit and the efficiency in treating us. Hey Katrina don't you go nowhere. Love you all. Hattie Bennett.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Very good doctor cares about his people.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2007

Dr. Jeffrey W. Buncher's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1990)

AARP