Ratings for Dr. Donald Franchi

I've had Dr. Franchi as a Family Doctor for about 8 years now, if not longer. During that time I've seen him probably 40+ times as I am a diabetic. He has always rushed you in and pushed you out just as fast, I don't think I've had an appointment longer than 5 minutes. He likes to get patients in and out as fast as possible so he can bill as high as possible. I've had to go back a few times due to medication issues with prescriptions, and I've usually just been referred to a specialist, which half the time never seem to get the referral. His receptionist always seems to be chatting with patients when you call so you end up on a 5-15 minute hold everytime you call, and to make matters worse, his hours are only from 7am-11am so you can rarely find a time to come in that doesn't mean you need to be up before sunrise. Overall I'm happy that I have a family doctor and don't always have to rely on a walk-in but sometime I seriously wish I had someone else.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Verges on negligent. He pushes you out the door sometimes under a minute. Missed serious issues with an elderly patient I know due to lack of questioning and listening. Would encourage seniors to go with an advocate. Take notes. Takes one issue per visit which is cruel to seniors with mobility issues who must come back to deal with other issues. If he takes a dislike to you, instead of helping you with a professional attitude, he dismisses you. I do not understand how this continues unchecked.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Dr. Franchi is a great doctor. We are very happy to have him look after our family.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Doctor Franchi has been my family doctor as well as my husband and children's. We ALWAYS get in for a APPT that we book when it's good for us, anytime we call and have never had to wait days which is awesome. I do feel that we are rushed at the appointments and wish the appointments could last longer however he always takes the time to address any concerns we have when we are there, and if we ever need a referil or blood work or MRI he will give us one which is what a good doctor does. His staff especially Joanne is wonderful, I just adore her as does my husband. I am very greatfull to have Dr Franchi as our family doctor.

Submitted December 14, 2016

I believe he us inlky I the medicalkmedicalk field for a paycheck. He never reviews anything with you. He just renews your meds and rushes you out the door. Your appointment lasts at the most two minutes. When you go with a severe medical condition. He doesn't do anything. Just pushes meds on yuou and rushes you out of his office. Even when its an emergency. He puts in a referral to a specialist. But at his slow pace. Not an urgent referral. Just a wait your time referral. Worst Dr ever. More patients have complications due to bhbhis negligence. The. CPSO needs to investigate his skills. Or should I say lack if skills. Run if he us your Dr. Your better off not having one!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

While he can be a bit standoffish, Dr. Franchi is the best doctor I've ever had. I've been going to him now for about 13 years and I don't think I would find better service in all of Thunder Bay. Joanne is amazing and will get you in the next day if needed. And you NEVER have to wait. I've had doctors in the past where I have waited for up to 2 hours. Believe me.. when you have small kids, not having to wait is so important. He will also give you pretty much any test you require. All around amazing service.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Best doctor I've ever had. Joanne his receptionist is the best and always gets me and my family in on short notice. Never have to wait long in waiting room and my kids love him. Sincerely the Marion's

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

It's all everyone does is complain ... if you don't like Dr Franchi go to a walk in . He has beet my GP for a long time and he has helped get me threw some tough times. There when I need him and very kind.... I say you always get back what you give out and you are treated as you treat people.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

As someone who has worked with Dr. Donald Franchi from start-up of his own clinic in Windsor Ontario, I would like to rate him. By no fault of my own, I was involved in a serious MVA and was rendered disabled for life and had to retire permanently. Since that time, I have met more than my share of physicians - who just don't care about their patients. From start-up until my MVA, what I saw with my own eyes, was a man who has an awesome insight in the medical field. We would constantly have patients complaining of symptoms, that their own family physician neglected (or didn't care about), come into the clinic and he figured out the problem. At the time I became disabled, from start-up until my accident, we accumulated over 13,000 patients, he never let ANYONE down. Although, he was speedy - he knew exactly what he was doing. In all my years since my retirement, I have NEVER met a smarter physician and anyone who has him as a family physician - is very blessed! (I can't rate his staff - I don't know them)

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Best doctor I have ever had. Very helpful and his staff are amazing. Joanne will get you an appointment right away

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015