Ratings for Dr. Ali Nia

he is a good doctor but u should also go check out my dad! david kennedy

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I believe Dr. Nia is a great professional and feel very comfortable with him. I drive 1&3/4 hours each way for an apt. His skills are worth the effort! Best regards, George

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

A very easy man to talk with, open and honest with details. made me feel comfortable right away.. I am waiting for the results of a colonoscopy.. his receptionist is a sweetheart!! These are my first impressions and my first visit.. Carol in Dover

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

He knew what was wrong with me on the spot, IBS, but the problem was the belly cramps, he told me to get imodium witch i did, but over a year later and dealing with the pains.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Unnecessary treatments, always late, didn't sign release papers. Totally ridiculous!!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2012

Both Dr. Nia and my family DR. concluded that I needed a Colonoscopy simply because I had persistent abdominal pain and antibiotics didn't help. When i researched my symptoms i was shocked to see how many dietary issues which could possibly be causing my pain. Instead of idly waiting the 14 weeks for the procedure I believe my time would have been much better spent omitting dairy, gluten and other possible irritants intermittently in order to narrow down my possible conditions since these attempts carry very few side effects. This would have also helped me emotionally rather that sitting at home in pain simply waiting. On a later visit Dr. Nia actually made a comment about me doing my own research online during a phone call to my DR. while i was sitting there, chuckling, "yes these people looking on their own behalf, without any background" I should also mention that he phoned the previous patients DR. in front of me divulging sensitive medical info...I happen to know this person...

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

It has been a pleasure working with Dr. Nia finding out what my problem was. Now I can eat freely without food and sometimes fluid getting stuck half way down.Thank you Dr. Nia if you are reading this. And as for his staff I am greeted with a smile whenever I come into the office and the first visit I got lost. They directed me until I found the office. I made the Dr. stay late because of my following Google directions to Port Dover :) Opps!~

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

There is no bed side manner at all, very business like. I was prescribed a procedure that was very detrimental to me and should not have been done. I was told I had a hiatus hernia and was asked if I got food stuck in it. I asked "if I did would I feel it?" he said "yes", my answer was "then no because I don't feel anything like that". Three months later I went for a follow up and I asked "Just to clarify, would the hiatus hernia be causing this condition?", he said "you don't have a hiatus hernia, just an ulcer." I don't trust him anymore. He became angry at me because I had not been taking the prescribed medication for the entire three months between procedure and follow up ... he didn't give me any refills for the prescription! I will go to another specialist.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

Ten years ago he diagnosed me with IBS. Told me to use peglyte every 3 days. Last fall the medication stopped working properly. This past March my bowel shut down. I could not expell anything or take in any food or drink. If I did, I would vomit it back up. I lost a lot of weight. At the end of May he did two scopes. After telling me it was my system, thyroid, whatever else he could think of. Told me to drink apple juice, eat prunes and kiwi. I was so ill and dehydrated I could barely stand up. He would not hospitalize me. Was rude to me in the hospital. During a follow up appointment, he said he didn't tell me to drink apple juice, or that my thyroid was the problem. I take thyroid medication every day. He said, "it's just you". I will not go back, but I am getting another opinion. Your bowel doesn't shut down for almost 3 months for no reason! He almost accused me of lying when I told him what he said at the first appointment. My spouse was with me and heard everything.Don't trust him

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Dr. Nia was the doctor on call when my mom was admitted to simcoe hospital dieing of lung cancer. My Mom was unaware how ill she was at the request of the family, Dr. Nia came in in the early morning and with a very loud voice,he stated, she's done, nothing we can do for her, etc etc by her bedside. I asked him to step into the hall and from the hall my Mom heard him (and she was very deaf so you know he was very loud) he said , she's full of it! , my mom never said another word to us after that, she died 3 days later, the stay at the hospital was horrible, they treated her like a "thing" instead of a human, they lost her medication that was meant to ease her through this, but when she passed and they gave me her personal affects her medication was there! Dr. nia said he would subscribe it for her, but she didn't get it until it was too late.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010