Ratings for Dr. Paul Kursell

This man should not be practicing medicine. He is rude, obnoxious, condescending, and has no compassion whatsoever. He does not seem to care about his patients. Last year I went in to get my prescriptions renewed and asked if he would look at a spot on my back. He said we could only talk about one thing so choose - medications or the spot. I needed my meds. I couldn't get another appointment for 3 weeks because he was going away. Within 30 seconds he realized that the spot was cancerous and then he acted. This time he refused to see me for 2 months after my ultrasound results were in even though I begged his nurse to ask him again because I was in such pain (which she did and he still refused). He denied it today. (Vacation was not the reason.) He said he told me to go to physio two months ago but today was the first time he mentioned it. I had no requisition for physio prior to today. I held my tongue but at the end of the visit he suggested that I get another doctor if I was unhappy with his care. This area is so underserviced, that it is nearly impossible. He is a horrible man and a worse doctor.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

My comments about Dr. Paul-he has been VERY good to me. He's thorough , he's consistent, he explains things in a very proper manner. He has helped my depression in a large way. I have had nothing but good results. Is he stern? YES. If you have one or more things to ask him about, SIMPLE. Make a longer appointment. One more comment. Don't people realize that any doctor has their plate very full. Do people go in to see a doctor about anything positive? No, it's always a problem. People should respect a doctor's position more. It's not a walk in the park. Have a good day everyone. I live in Otterville.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

The absolute worst Doctor I have EVER experienced. I would never take a dying animal there if I was paid to. The last thing this horrendous doctor ever said to me was "Go find a new Doctor" - so I did and so glad I did. Could never imagine a physician leaving a patient in tears with such terrible treatment. My new doctor is honestly like a friend and has more genuine concern than this man knows how to show.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He is aweful !!! End of story ..I will never deal with him again

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Ugh. I didn't want to go see my Dr. because th alst time he was very unhelpful but I wasn't go to ER for a rash, so I went and he was useless and asked what I thought he should do about it. He doesn't care about his patience and just shrug of his job. He doesn't believe any of my family health concerns. I would not recommend him to anyone, the only plus is his nurse is very friendly and accommodating

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. Paul is an amazing Dr. Very thorough, knowledgeable, compassionate and honest. Very caring and gives the extra time when needed. Couldn't ask for a better Dr, he has been my Dr for over 20 years.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Paul Kursell is the WORST Dr I have ever been to in my life. My last appt with him before firing him as my Dr was in August of 2016. I sat in his office crying . Asking for help with depression related to a hormonal imbalance I was left with after having cancer and a hysterectomy at a young age ( 34 yrs old) . His response was " I do not have time for your hormonal problems". He let me leave his office crying .. feeling worse than when I arrived. Upon finding a new Dr .. I discovered that not only did he dismiss a severe hormone imbalance .. he has been overmedicating my thyroid at a dangerous level. He should not have a liscence to practice medicine!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Please grab your family and never see this man. He shouldn't have a licence to practice. I refuse to consider him a professional.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

In case other's are not aware..he NO LONGER HAS PRIVILEGES at our Local Hospital...of his own doing...!! Not only arrogant & rude,but now if one of his patients or a poor soul from the Nursing Home enters hospital HE doesn't even come to see the patient....one of the rotating Dr's takes care of said Patient...He doesn't contact family either...just leaves everyone in limbo. Also worst Dr. I've ever had the displeasure of seeing...went in for one thing,,but during the short wait, for whatever reason, I developed another issue ...to which he said it was "nothing" but gave me a prescription for a med I already knew was not what I needed...When I tried to go back to what I originally had gone in to see him about & that was only because my own Dr. was away...he refused....I left in "tears"...Never ever have I had to endure such terrible treatment from a so called Dr....I will suffer the LONG wait at the Hospital before I ever step foot in that man's office again.......

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I wouldn't even rate Paul Kursell as a Doctor. Why should anyone have any Health issue prolonged because of his Incompetence! Thank goodness our three children have found new doctors, but after being on a waiting list for over 2 yrs for another doctor, my husband and I are stuck with this ignorant, unprofessional person. No wonder there is no one in the waiting room any more!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017