Ratings for Dr. Paul Kursell

Dr. Kursell is often abrupt, rude, uncaring & watch out if he's in a bad mood. He gets very upset if you mention another health issue you have and wants you to make an appointment for every issue, whether it is to talk about test results, your BP or to renew your meds. He has no people skills! I use to think he was a fine doctor but over the years has gotten rude and disrespectful. He makes you feel that your questions are a personal insult to his ability. Poor people skills, not proactive, sarcastic, and he doesn't seem to care about his patients at all. No respect for you as person, would sooner go to emerge or a walk. Now I'm officially in search of a new doctor for my family!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

I'm reading all these despicable posts and wondering what the Holier than thou himself would think if he read them. I'm also giggling reading that he turns people away if they're late by minutes but recently I was left in the Office for 2.5 hours without a reason. When he walked in I said I needed to use the restroom. He replied with; "well now my nurse is going to have to stay late and I won't get my lunch.." well sir, trust me you could miss a few meals and you should start eating a bit of lamb. Karma follows people and you sir are in for it. Also, isn't it illegal to turn people away?? I'm wondering what the Board would think of this common practice of ignorance? He's an idiot. A self righteous ego infused IDIOT. He delivered both my sons and for that, I give him credit. Anything else is shameful. I don't know how his wife puts up with him let alone the nursing staff and admins. He's a bully thru and thru.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

This man should not be practicing medicine. He is rude, obnoxious, condescending, and has no compassion whatsoever. He does not seem to care about his patients. Last year I went in to get my prescriptions renewed and asked if he would look at a spot on my back. He said we could only talk about one thing so choose - medications or the spot. I needed my meds. I couldn't get another appointment for 3 weeks because he was going away. Within 30 seconds he realized that the spot was cancerous and then he acted. This time he refused to see me for 2 months after my ultrasound results were in even though I begged his nurse to ask him again because I was in such pain (which she did and he still refused). He denied it today. (Vacation was not the reason.) He said he told me to go to physio two months ago but today was the first time he mentioned it. I had no requisition for physio prior to today. I held my tongue but at the end of the visit he suggested that I get another doctor if I was unhappy with his care. This area is so underserviced, that it is nearly impossible. He is a horrible man and a worse doctor.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

My comments about Dr. Paul-he has been VERY good to me. He's thorough , he's consistent, he explains things in a very proper manner. He has helped my depression in a large way. I have had nothing but good results. Is he stern? YES. If you have one or more things to ask him about, SIMPLE. Make a longer appointment. One more comment. Don't people realize that any doctor has their plate very full. Do people go in to see a doctor about anything positive? No, it's always a problem. People should respect a doctor's position more. It's not a walk in the park. Have a good day everyone. I live in Otterville.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

The absolute worst Doctor I have EVER experienced. I would never take a dying animal there if I was paid to. The last thing this horrendous doctor ever said to me was "Go find a new Doctor" - so I did and so glad I did. Could never imagine a physician leaving a patient in tears with such terrible treatment. My new doctor is honestly like a friend and has more genuine concern than this man knows how to show.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

He is aweful !!! End of story ..I will never deal with him again

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Ugh. I didn't want to go see my Dr. because th alst time he was very unhelpful but I wasn't go to ER for a rash, so I went and he was useless and asked what I thought he should do about it. He doesn't care about his patience and just shrug of his job. He doesn't believe any of my family health concerns. I would not recommend him to anyone, the only plus is his nurse is very friendly and accommodating

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Dr. Paul is an amazing Dr. Very thorough, knowledgeable, compassionate and honest. Very caring and gives the extra time when needed. Couldn't ask for a better Dr, he has been my Dr for over 20 years.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Paul Kursell is the WORST Dr I have ever been to in my life. My last appt with him before firing him as my Dr was in August of 2016. I sat in his office crying . Asking for help with depression related to a hormonal imbalance I was left with after having cancer and a hysterectomy at a young age ( 34 yrs old) . His response was " I do not have time for your hormonal problems". He let me leave his office crying .. feeling worse than when I arrived. Upon finding a new Dr .. I discovered that not only did he dismiss a severe hormone imbalance .. he has been overmedicating my thyroid at a dangerous level. He should not have a liscence to practice medicine!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Please grab your family and never see this man. He shouldn't have a licence to practice. I refuse to consider him a professional.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017