Ratings for Dr. Noella Lee Pong

I have been coming to Dr. Lee Pong for over a decade and the wait time has always been about an hour. But lately it is getting extreme. If I have an appointment any time after 9am my wait time is 1.5-2hrs minimum. I don't understand why they book appointments so close together. It is obviously an issue every time. Or have the receptionist call you to let you know she is running 2hrs behind. I'm almost to the point of finding another doctor as it is not feasible to pay for a babysitter for 4hrs plus pay 3hrs parking just for 5min with a doctor.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Often wait 1 hour or more after appointment time before seeing her, but she is good and it's worth the wait

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Absolutely the best doctor ever. I have been a patient with her for 23 years. She goes over and above. She is amazing.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Booking people 10 minutes apart and spending 20 minutes with everyone. People make appointments for a reason. Two hour wait is ridiculous

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Lee Pong is an excellent physician and I am glad to have her as my doctor. I agree with the statement below that the wait time is longer than what is expected. But in my opinion, I will wait the time it takes. She listens to my concerns, understands my needs and has helped me throughout the many years of having her as my doctor. However, her staff are not always on the same page in the approach they take. I have come across incidences where an inflexible focus on following procedures caused the staff member to overlook the need to empathize with the individual. If we do not mind the waiting time to see her, the staff should at least show sensitivity and understanding with how they interact with her patients. Yet this is not a reflection of their abilities but stems from how the healthcare system wants things to be run more like a business and less like a service that is available to the public. Should this service be based on quality or quantity? Dr. Lee Pong's service as a medical practitioner is definitely based on quality for which I and others are tremendously grateful.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Just an FYI for all of those who comment on this and are NOT Dr. Lee Pong patient personally. Yes Dr. Lee Pong is Often (More Often than Not) running behind. Waiting for up to 2 hours to see her is NOT something new. It happens Often. This is because she gives her patients the attention they need. She does NOT keep clocks on her walls in the rooms because she is not going to RUSH you through your appointment. It is Unfortunate if you have ever had to wait this long in her office, but I am sure the quality of care you have recieved is well worth the wait. As for her Staff... The wait time in the waiting room is WELL OUT OF THEIR CONTROL . They are not diagnosing you or in charge of how long each patient will take, THEY ARE NOT IN THE ROOM WITH THE PATIENTS so how is it their fault. They book in accordance to how they are told by their BOSS! Therefore they are just doing their JOB, If you want to blame someone for the long wait, BLAME the patient that is booked ahead of you that just took 1 hour in the room, or that talked about things that are not medically related to waste time.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Dr. Lee Pong is a wonderful individual and very personable. I like how she takes the time to really hear my concerns and she is obviously interested in seeing me as healthy as can be. That being said, I've struggled with chronic health issues and haven't found much assistance in resolving them long term while seeing Dr. Lee Pong. She will address the specific complaints but I would have like to see her help me get healthy from the root of my issues rather than prescribing fixes to each symptom as it manifested. I understand this is common in our health system so I don't think it's a reflection of her as a practitioner. It's just that this approach isn't what was best in my individual case. For most healthy people, she's a great doctor to have!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Be aware that if you need your aged relative's Personal Directive or Power of Attorney activated, Dr. Lee Pong will not do it. Mother is living in her own home, becoming more confused, refusing entry to her house by home care, meals on wheels, is covered with bruises from falling, pees on the floor, has basement suite tenants who are taking advantage of her, and yet we can do nothing to help her by moving her to a more appropriate living situation because Dr. Lee Pong denies even knowing what form the lawyer is talking about, and claims she doesn't know our mother well enough, despite being her physician for many many years. The receptionist kept my husband waiting for 2 hours past his appointment time and had not given the paperwork to the doctor that had been dropped off for her the previous week. Dr. Lee Pong indicated that she currently has 3 other files requesting activation of Personal Directives on her desk and doesn't know what to do with them either so she's doing nothing and assuming that home care will take over. We're still waiting for the results of a CT scan on Mother that happened a month ago. Only reason for 2 stars on helpfulness is that Lee Pong did sign the form to revoke Mother's drivers licence 5+ years ago.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr Lee Pong is absolutely one of the best doctors around. She has helped me with so many issues in a knowledgeable and kind manner. Without her on my side, I don't know how things would have turned out for me. She takes the time to listen and never rushes you. Because of that, she is mostly behind in her appointments but I would wait for her any day because you know you're going to get all the time you need as well to get proper care. I highly recommend her as she goes beyond what most family doctors do. We have since moved out of province but I know if I needed anything at all, all I would need to do is call her office and she would be there or me. Leaving her as my doctor was the only sad part of moving away for me and my family. It was like leaving a family friend for myself and all of our family.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Aces across the board except for wait time and if u talk with her patients they will say....when we have issues...she listens and investigates and does all she can...if we must wait while she helps somebody else...we will wait....her tireless receptionist co ordinating our endless issues and the Doctors day...really we just show up and ruin it..:)...she has zero to do with how long it will bee and is always happy to give you her best guess baring disaster...both in scheduling and medical issues..it must be a talent to schedule a medical disaster...:D And mostly we wait our turn cause we know she's the best.:D..........and bubbles is cool too!!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011