Ratings for Dr. Jackie Thomas

It is IMMENSELY reassuring to have a superb person such as Dr. Jackie Thomas as my OBGYN. I'm so very appreciative to have a doctor who is, FRIENDLY, COMPASSIONATE, KEEN and KNOWLEDGEABLE. It's rare to find a someone in the medical profession who possess all of these qualities, which in turn heightens my gratitude. In past experiences with other doctors, I have found them to be very robotic, detached and extremely technical in their dialogue. Which left me feeling confused, unsure and intimidated. Dr. Thomas couldn't be more opposite! I TRUST her guidance whole heartedly, her approach and delivery always provides me with a sense of CALM and TRANQUILITY. As a bonus, my husband and I always leave the appointments with a good LAUGH as she has the best sense of humour! Love you Dr. Thomas!! I'm hoping and praying to be in your care during the delivery!!! - TC PS- Dr. Thomas also has the best team! I always look forward to seeing Antonella who also has a fun sense of humor all the while working diligently to accommodate all the patients. As well as Nurse Silva who is amazing!! She's always cheerful and caring and always puts me at ease! Hoping to have her at the delivery as well! PPS- To the ones that complain about wait times : The fact that wait times are sometimes longer speaks volumes to the caliber of doctor she is. She takes the time that's required to fulfill the needs of different patients (who let's not forget- inundate her with hundreds of questions!) as well as it demonstrates that she's high in demand! Would you trust walking into a specialists office with an empty waiting room with no wait time??? I would NOT!!! She's definitely WORTH the wait!!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

My first visit.Waited too long and when I was seen it was quick-less than 5 minutes. Dr Thomas was friendly enough and asked questions.Her secretary was also friendly and easy going.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Doctor Thomas is phenomenal! She is knowledgeable and keeps you calm. She is also a hoot once you get to know her. Highly recommend! The women that had bad experiences must be looking for something other than the Sinai OB experience. If you want coddling, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Dr Thomas was my OB for my son (2.5 years) and I'm hoping to have her again for my second pregnancy. She was amazing - I was very anxious about pregnancy and labor and she was extremely calming to me. She wasn't able to deliver my son but she came to see me the next morning and was just lovely - I highly recommend her. I found her bedside manner to be calm and personable - I don't understand the reviews that said she was volatile, I found her to be the exact opposite. She was caring and responsive to all of my questions and completely put me at ease with new mom anxieties.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dealt with Dr Thomas for both my children. They were born 23 months apart. She is incredible. My husband and I loved her honesty, and her realness. She is a different breed of personality but I know 2 other patients of hers that had exceptional experiences.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Dr Thomas is outstanding - she is by far my favourite physician and the only OBGYN I want helping me with my pregnancies.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

She is very scary and has the worst bedside manner I've ever seen. She has a volatile temperament and she does not put you at ease. I would avoid her at all costs. Empathy on the part of the medical community is very important when dealing with deliveries.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Absolutely love doctor Thomas. I have felt well taken care of and had absolute trust in her abilities.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Thomas - not only is she extremely knowledgeable and up to date on all the latest research, she is so warm and immediately puts you at ease. She is so patient and answers all of the (million!) questions that I have asked along the way. I have recommended her to all my friends, and we are all in agreement about how lucky we are that we're being seen by her. I am so appreciative of her excellent care. She and Antonella always put the patient first and both have a wonderful sense of humour. I'm going to miss seeing them all the time!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr. Thomas followed me prior to and during my pregnancy. She is very straight forward and candid. While it may seem as though she has a high tolerance for issues that may arise, she is constantly monitoring and making referrals. I believe she does this to keep the patient at ease. During my pregnancy (which required a referral to the fertility clinic provided by Dr. Thomas), she monitored my placenta praevia, cholestasis, several infections and, unfortunately, Zika exposure for my baby. Dr. Thomas helped me to remain calm and feel supported throughout my pregnancy. And my baby was born perfectly. She also supported me through a necessary D and C following the birth of my baby due to retained products. (As a side note, my sister who had similar issues but a different doctor, had to deal with retained products for almost a year due to a less knowledgeable and thorough doctor). I acknowledge the other comments on this forum that mention Mount Sinai treats new mothers like they are going through a factory. During my stay at the hospital to deliver my baby, I did feel this. However, with their world renowned expertise on pre- and postnatal care, and their close proximity to the Hospital for Sick Children, I wouldn't dream of delivering my baby anywhere else. Dr. Thomas' secretary, Antonella, is hilarious. And she'll go to bat for any of Dr. Thomas' patients. I think what commenters need to remember is that Dr. Thomas and Antonella deal a) with hundreds of patients a week and b) many of those patients are dealing with catastrophic news/issues. Daily. Dr. Thomas and Antonella deal with this daily. Hence why they are at Mount Sinai. If your pregnancy is going smoothly and your baby is healthy, be thankful.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016