Ratings for Dr. Joyce Magnaye

I am surprised at the negative comments regarding this Doctor Magnate . She delivered both of my girls one in 1977 and in 1980. This woman was and I am certain still is the most kind and thoughtful person and physician today as she was then . Thank-you Dr. Magnate for all the kindness shown to this young mother who at the time knew nothing about babies for your support. If the Doctors staff speak of her in a negative tone, get rid of them .This is do unprofessional. Margaret Cooper Mcgillis RN

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Horrible tempered woman!! Her staff are rude and they actually call her "The Queen" and mock her...in front of patients! After waiting for 4HOURS I met her and oh wow...I couldn't believe this woman was a Dr.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

I was having severe pain in my stomach when I was about 5 months pregnant. She told me "you are probably just losing the baby. Go home and rest." I was told by others that it was because I was young and not married. Luckily the doctor i saw in emergency that night figured out the problem and my son was born perfectly healthy.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Was having my first child, was sent for ultrasound. She called me on the phone and told me I was having a "mongoloid"[ or a child with Down's syndrome] So very unprofessional. Was sent to Regina for an Amniocentesis Procedure [needle in stomach that is very risky] Thank god when I got there they wanted to have another ultrasound and found NOTHING! Was told that she saw one marker for Down Syndrome [enlarged kidney] Was told by the Ultrasound tech in Regina that the kidneys were normal and was more then likely just urine. Was also told that I should have never been sent for an Amnio on one marker as it could have aborted my child. I never went back to her. I found another Dr and had a happy healthy little boy. I would have been happy with my baby if he had Down Syndrome but she made me feel like I was having something to be ashamed about and that makes me sick. Get a clue you backwards old school fool. I have walked out of a walk-in clinic because she was on. All the people giving this "Dr" praise need to see the real "Dr" she is when she has nothing but disdain for you and your unborn child.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

If you are a teenage girl or a young woman with any concern or problem about your reproductive system, DO NOT GO. She will make you feel like you are dirty and worthless. If you value your health and self esteem at all, avoid this doctor at all costs.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Literally the worst doctor I've ever been to. Unfortunately, when I moved to town, I didn't have a family doctor and had to use the walk in clinic until I could find some one permanent. I had been having bad cramping and my period was a day or two late so I thought I could be pregnant but wasn't sure. I told Dr. magnaye all of this info and she told me I wasn't pregnant, just bad cramps. She felt my ovaries but did not administer a pregnancy test and instead prescribed a pain relief drug. Two days later, after still having intense cramping, I decided to take a test at home to be sure. It was positive. I later found out after seeing a REAL doctor, that I was already 6 weeks pregnant. Luckily the drugs she prescribed did not harm my baby but honestly, the least you could do is take a test in the office! If you want an accurate and professional diagnosis - LOOK ELSE WHERE!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

This doctor is so cruel!! SHE put me on ativan and now refuses it saying its adddictive and then kicked me out of her clinic when i lost my WRITTEN perscription that she writes on a tiny piece of paper and when I went back she went balistic! She was my family doctor and now I have to travel out of town on a low low income and no vehicle and it sucks. SHES HEARTLESS. Comment on the huge rock on her finger if you want any respect from HER

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

Dr. Magnaye is a overworked Doctor. However she did not give up on me at my time of need. When she wasn't sure of a diagnosis she easily referred me to a specialist that could help. Yes she can be "short" at times but whom isn't when you deal with that many people. She's human and a decent human being at that. She has been my family doctor for many, many years and I wouldn't change a thing.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

I saw this doctor as a last resort as I couldn't get into see my own doctor. I was suffering from the runs, and she was able to help me with some meds stronger than what you could get in the store. She is not my regular doctor so I cant say that I would recommend her. One thing I can say is that she knew who I was cause I had seen her about 20 yrs back and she remembered me. She was nice to me.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Stay away. Rude, unprofessional and has no clue what she is doing. Signs sick notes for people who are not even sick and prescribes narcotics to those who do not need them. Obviously cares more about money than her patients.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011