Ratings for Dr. Mark H. Berman

I worked with Dr. B over 18 years ago as his Surgical Tech. During that time, I had the privilege of getting to know him and his work, and that he is still what I consider to this day, to be one of the most trustworthy, forward thinking, genuinely caring, good natured, and skilled cosmetic surgeons I've known or worked with. So much so, that during my time as an employee, I had a procedure done, and if that isn't the highest form of endorsement, I don't know what is! I've always admired Dr. B's honesty and integrity, it's so rare in this industry and basically in life in general. I would see him literally turn prospective patients away if he felt they didn't need a procedure done or if he felt a certain procedure wouldn't be able to produce the result they were looking to achieve. I respected that and I still do, because the majority of cosmetic surgeons out there could care less and are happy to take your money. His approach has always been that of creating results that look natural; his patients always looked better, but not in a way that pointed to "getting something done." Good cosmetic surgery is the kind where people can't tell that you've had a procedure, and I saw hundreds of thrilled patients and beautiful results under the care of Dr. B. He also repaired, reconstructed, and improved upon patients who would come in unhappy with results from other doctors. I also learned a lot about the unique challenges faced by surgeons when I would sit in on consultations. Like any surgery, cosmetic procedures are not an exact science, and doctors are not to be confused with magicians. It's also important to keep in mind that there is no physician on the planet capable of guaranteeing an exact result. I know first hand that people can be unrealistic and crazy with their expectations and desires, because ego and appearance comes with a lot of psychological baggage that, frankly, no surgery can fix. Each patient also comes with their starting point on which a surgeon has to work with, and the patients need to own the responsibility to follow pre and post operative instructions to ensure the best result. This is definitely not the place for the kind of people that want basketball sized breast implants to go with size zero waists, pulled back, scary looking Joan Rivers faces, overly injected swollen lips, or full body liposuction. There are PLENTY of unscrupulous doctors in Beverly Hills happy to oblige your crazy desires, they are a dime a dozen. Rest assured, you WILL NOT find that kind of result here (thank God). This IS the place if you want natural results and a doctor you can trust, friendly and caring front and back office staff that go ABOVE and BEYOND for their patients, and a doctor who has always remained on the cutting edge of techniques, both in cosmetic procedures, and important, life-changing advancements in the use of stem cell therapy. He has always been an innovator in using a patient's OWN tissue and cells as opposed to foreign materials, so it is exciting to see what he's doing to literally give patients back their lives - their mobility, freedom from pain, etc. as a result of his work. Thank you, Dr. B, Judy, and your entire staff for setting the bar for excellence. I confidently refer anyone looking to get a procedure done to Dr. B, and I am still a happy and satisfied patient of his to this day.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

With the advent of Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc, social media is flooded with people bad mouthing one another or service from businesses they didn't like. They make sure to let the whole world know - but very little is said about exceptional service one receives (why that is I'm not sure....I guess misery "Loves" company). A brief synopsis about myself, I was considered a world class sprinter in the 80's, played professional football as a receiver in the USFL, CFL & a year in the NFL before knee surgery. Fast forward 26 years later and leaps in sports medicine research/technology, I was referred to Dr. Mark Berman - Medical Director at The California Stem Cell Treatment Center and Cell Surgical Network in Beverly Hills, California. I first spoke to the office manager Judy (she runs the ship) who scheduled my phone consult with Dr. Berman. A few days after my initial contact with the office, I had an in-depth phone consult with Dr. Berman. When I arrived at his office on July 23rd of this year, I was treated with such kindness (Judy turned from her desk and said, "I recognize that voice," even before I said my name just from our phone conversation). My appointment was at 11:00 and I think I walked into the procedure room at 11:10. Dr. Berman introduced himself as well as Audrey (his assistant for my procedure....there is also Jessica who I met as well after my procedure). He explained everything that he was going to do & the area where he was going to take the fat from (my only disappointment is that he didn't take ENOUGH fat from my 'love handles" to give me the "V" shape I had 26 years ago.....lol)! He said that he would numb up the area to be liposuctioned, but some fat cells may be attached outside of the numbed up area so I might feel some discomfort (which for me felt like a small pinch). We talked during the procedure (he has a son that is doing research on stem cell treatment for football players who have concussions....proud dad)! After getting a large syringe of fat cells and blood, he flatted the area area by pressing on it in all directions to get any blood out & placed a bandage over it & gauze (no stitches at all...that's how small the incision was). They gave me an elastic abdominal binder to wear for a couple of days. Dr. Berman told me it would take about an hour to process the stem cells. He said he was going to do a Starbuck's run and asked if I wanted anything. I said no, but that didn't stop him from asking me another two times to make sure. He got the request from his staff & returned with their orders (talk about being humble). An hour later, I went back into the procedure room & Dr. Berman asked me to sit on edge of the table. He felt for the spot on my knee where he wanted to inject, numbed the area & injected the cells (I also had the IV drip as well). The whole procedure took about 1 hour 45 minutes & I drove myself home - no complications or down time at all. It's been 3 months since my procedure & I wanted to wait to give an honest opinion.....for me - IT WORKED!!!! I'm able to go jogging/hiking/working out without my knee swelling up the size of a cantaloupe! If you are considering knee surgery/replacement & still have what is called "rice crispies" (when you move your knee & it makes a crispy sound), then you're probably a good candidate for the procedure. I understand Dr. Berman is doing stem cell research for male baldness......I'll be the 1st in line. Kudos' to Dr. Berman & his staff (10 star rating)! Kelley J

Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. Berman and his staff are exemplary in every possible way. After having 4 similar surgeries prior, I was a bit apprehensive about a more extensive, reconstructive surgery. Dr. Berman and his incredible staff put me at ease as the surgery date approached. The support staff provided the utmost in TLC. they answered any questions promptly, with care and concern. Dr. Berman's manner put me at ease immediately. Dr. Berman phoned personally about 24 hours after surgery, on Saturday morning! to check on me, and told me to call anytime I had questions or concerns. His staff called Monday and Tuesday to check on my progress, and Wednesday I had a follow-up appointment. Above all of this is how the results look, feel, and how great I felt afterwards! I am amazed at how little pain I experienced after the surgery. A friend who'd seen me after previous surgeries came to visit me the day following my procedure, and was surprised at how great I looked. She commented that had she not known I'd had surgery the day before she'd never have guessed. I am grateful I was referred to Dr. Berman, and I could not recommend him more highly.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Berman for cosmetic surgery or reconstructive. My experience with him was quite satisfactory and his staff was amazing.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

His stem cell research in the field of ALS is of the highest requirements. His staff is very helpful and considerate towards the patient. He answers all questions in a positive manner and has an upbeat attitude in what he's doing.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I was scheduled for shoulder replacement and the more I looked into it I found that there was another option I could try. Way less invasive. I did a lot of research and found the California Stem Cell Treatment Center in Beverly Hills to have the best reviews as you can read below. I was afraid of the procedure but when you met with Dr. Mark Berman he is so knowledgeable and he explains everything so well he puts you at rest. The procedure was so easy . I think going to the dentist is harder :(. Anyway, I highly recommend Dr. Mark Berman and just to add his staff is highly professional and very caring. Just to mention a shoulder therapy takes a little longer to heal but I feel a difference already after four weeks. Not true for everyone but just call and they will answer all your questions. I highly recommend Dr. Mark Berman for stem cell treatment.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

When considering stem cell therapy look no further then Dr. Mark Berman. I am a doctor from the greater New York area and am currently scheduled to have my third stem cell treatment. As a cancer survivor of over 30 years, the cancer treatments have left me with severe neck and back neuro-muscular degeneration. The stem cell treatments allow me to live comfortably, continue working as a surgeon and enjoy sporting activities. Dr. Berman is the “Real Deal” when it comes to stem cell research and treatment and if your condition can be helped with stem cell therapy then schedule and pursue treatment with the confidence you are with the best doctor in this field. Kerry Demascus D.M.D., M.S.D. Bronxville, New York

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Being a surgeon myself I've known and seen the work of many Plastic Surgeons and many Cosmetic Surgeons. I know there are many good surgeons and a few great surgeons under both certifying boards. But Dr. Berman is the only surgeon under either board I have ever trusted to work on my wife's face and on my face and we've both been glad we chose him. He's done 3 small facial fat grafting procedures (the "Space Lift") on each of us over the past 8 years. (Last one this month- October 2014). The results of each procedure have been subtle but fabulous and the improvement is permanent as far as I can detect. (We've chosen to repeat the procedure for additional improvement because we've continued to age, not because our results didn't last.) It looks totally natural (not always true of a facelift), and it's spared both of us the larger scars, greater risks and longer recovery time associated with a facelift. Dr. Berman has been one of the leaders and pioneers of facial fat grafting for at least the last 20 years. In the past 5 or 10 years it's become mainstream, with Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeons all over offering some form of this procedure under various different names now. But if you're considering any Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery to restore a more youthful look to your face, whether it's for your eyes, cheeks, mouth, or neck, I suggest you make an appointment with Dr. Berman first.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Berman has a terrific staff (very helpful). He was extremely knowledgeable and made me feel very comfortable before, during and after my procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Berman for stem cell treatment.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Berman since 2004 in my 20's & I have been to all of his offices in LA. I am a RN & aesthetics is my passion so I am careful with the Doctors that I go to. I am surprised with the negative reviews here because Dr. Berman is one of the nicest Doctor I've met, he will never upsell you any procedure & he will discourage you if you don't really need it. All his staff are sweet and accomodating. Recovery & follow-ups have always been hassle free; with him once a patient always a patient. I had a breast augmentation, chin implant & 2 dermabrasions with him. I am happy with all the results especially the Dermabrasions, truly life changing. When I was young & new in LA & no one to drive for me, his Assistant's daughter from Montebello drove for me & made sure I was okay. I am not a robot or his nurse, just a grateful patient.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr. Mark H. Berman's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1979)

• BCBS Massachusetts