Ratings for Dr. W. Timothy Ward

Dr Ward was VERY RUDE with me when I had my accident 16 yrs ago. Treated me like I wanted off work or like I wanted drugs. Problem was that I had a compensation nurse that asked a lot of questions that irradiated him, so if he got rid of me, he got rid of her. Would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I am a patient of Dr. Ward who received a spinal fusion in 2006 due to scoliosis. I highly recommend Dr. Ward. When you first meet him, he might appear "mean" or "rude" but I will tell you that he is actually quite kind once you get to know him. Yes, he is concise with his words and gets to the point because he has so many patients that he has to see. He gave me the time I needed. He takes his job seriously and will give you quality care. We tried least invasive approaches first (I tried the brace first, but it didn't work enough to prevent surgery). He did an amazing job with my surgery! I am currently 25 and am as active as ever still doing all the activities I love (including triathlons and dancing). I commend Dr. Ward for what he does and serving his patients to the best of his abilities using best practice.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

This is the most arrogant and ignorant doctor I've met in 50 years. He does not treat parents or children respectfully. He does not answer your direct questions. His poor staff is under the rule of his tyranny. He might be a skilled surgeon, but he needs to realize that his patients have feelings. Shame on you!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr ward does his job. He isnt super sweet like most children's doctors but that doesnt make him rude. Hes there to do his job not make friends. My backs done wonderfully and I respect and trust his knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr. Ward was arrogant and rude to me during my visit. He did not examine me. He did not X-ray (or other scan) me. He did see a poor x-ray image I brought via my old chiropractor. He claimed to know exactly what was wrong with me despite not having examined me or view a decent image. He also concluded that my condition was essentially hopeless and that there was nothing he can do for me. He tried to talk over my head with a lot of medical jargon, that attests to he complete lack of bedside manner or ability to communicate with his customer (i.e. the patient). Not only did he waste my time, but I felt belittled and berated by his attitude and the way he talked down to me. He attempted to make me feel stupid for even asking for his advice/help. Please do not waste your time with the person unless you wish to be humiliated.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I brough my 10 myr old to Dr ward for scoliosis. He was very rude from the moment he walked in. He talked down to us like we were stupid. He told my daughter she was over weight and that is why her back looked funny. He made us feel like we were totally wasting his time and he was to important to see us. We left feeling guilty for wasting his time and ripped off. I would never go back!!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr Timothy Ward is the worst doctor I have ever seen. I took the CD of my MRI from two years ago. He was irritated because he couldn't read it. The doctor who read it had instructions and how to open it. As soon as he walked in...he loudly said You're 68 years old!!? I'm not 88. I'm in severe pain. As soon as he knew o had Fibromyalgia..hr was donr with me. He is arrogant and dismissive He didn't order an CT scan or current MRI. He asked who referred me and where I got the MRI done. If he had read it. He would have known.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Worst doctor ever!! Does what's best for himself and his benefactors over what's right for any kid. Selfish, arrogant, gutless, weaselly. First obligation as a doctor is to do no harm and he does harm. If you see this and go to him don't say I didn't warn you.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

While some of the comments are true about his manners as a doctor I'm not sure it should discredit him as a surgeon. My daughter sees him for a 78 degree curve in her spine and will most likely undergo surgery. I will tell you that judging a surgeon by how "interested" he is in a particular case may not be the best decision. My son had to have open heart surgery at the age of 4. We were lucky to live in pittsburgh because you don't realize how far people travel from to receive care from CHP. To ease my fears I insisted on having a face to face meeting with the surgeon prior to going through with it. During the meeting it was evident that he had no connection to the children he performed surgery on. He didn't know how to interact with my 4yr old. He was very knowledgeable and very nice to us, explained what he would be doing during surgery and that is when he "came to life". It was obvious at that point that he lived and breathed his speciality. Correcting heart defects was his life and I knew at that moment that I trusted my sons life with him. Do you want a surgeon to be your friend or do you want a surgeon that lives for what he does? I did not need a friend.... I wanted a surgeon that wanted to do what he did best. The question you should be asking yourself is, is he knowledgable about the condition not did he talk to you for an hour and make you feel warm and fuzzy. Children's hospital of Pittsburgh truly has the best of the best.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Do not see this guy! I wish I had thought to research him before our appt. What a waste of our time, money and gas! (would you go to a hotel with a low rating after 25+ reviews?) He did not listen to anything I said about my son's back issues (a bad fall several years ago) or relayed info from the physical therapist. He believes 70% of back pain cannot be causal diagnosed and much is hereditary! He even discounted the diagnoses from an ortho surgeon I got when I had a similar fall as a kid, saying there's no such diagnoses. Really?? I want my $50 co-pay back! Staff was very nice, but if I give them a 5 star, then this guy gets a better rating. In my 50yrs of living, I've never met such an arrogant and unhelpful doctor. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Dr. W. Timothy Ward's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)