Ratings for Dr. Norma Yoneyama

Dr. Yoneyama and staff are just wonderful. I am so sad she is closing her practice. She has been my doctor, and now my childrens doctor for over 24 years. She will be very hard to replace.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

20+ years of great care from a lovely Doctor. I wish her all the best on her retirement! She will be greatly missed by her patients.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

We consider ourselves very lucky to have Dr. Y as a doctor. She has always taken the time to ask more than just the "normal" questions, understands how various parts of lives are intertwined (jobs, school, family), and ALWAYS sends us for a second opinion/specialist if she feels there is something that is beyond her scope. While she is always professional, she has always made us feel that we are more than just patients. And the fact that she always fits us in that day when it's been needed is greatly appreciated!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Dr. Yoneyama has been our Doctor for many years. She is professional, respectful and thorough. I am certain I am getting an honest opinion from her. She doesn't pretend to know everything and is willing to do some research if necessary.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

She is great I have been seeing her my entire life~

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Yoneyama is knowledgeable but is consistently rushed and is not patient centered. She lacks the time to explain diagnosis and does not fully explain options. Her "one visit-one problem" rule is narrow minded and while it may be effective for her billing codes it is not a good use of the patients time. She glosses over medical lab results stating you are "fine" but does not readily share or educate you on these results. I have found that she does not look at the patient as a whole. On the plus side, she is knowledgeable and seems up to date on the latest medical research. Her empathy, however, has waned over the years...and her practice seems more like a cattle call than a holistic medical practice suited to individual need.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I've been going to Yoneyama's since I was a toddler, and its always a hit or miss with her. She constantly dismissed how I felt as a child and teen, only taking it seriously if my mother pushed. As I got older, she would listen to me more, but still was not the most helpful. It is better to do most of your research online and then go in and talk with her about it, do not expect her to explain anything to you. Waiting time is 15-45minutes, even if the office is empty, but I understand that is because she needs to deal with emergencies. Some days she is very rushed and not interested in hearing what you have to say, just wanting to push you out of there as soon as possible. Other days she is more relaxed and will talk to you about what is happening in your life, small talk, etc. I am not so unsatisfied that I would change doctors, but I would not say she is the best around. If things continue to get worse with her, I would definitely switch, but it is not bad enough at the moment. Always be in the room with her if your child is under 18, she will not listen to them and the issues will only get worse.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Yoneyama is an amazing at what she does. She is very knowledgable, punctual, friendly, and her staff are always friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Always feel rushed. It is about the money...not my health. Always late and very abrupt and dismissive. Maybe if she expanded her hours she would have time for her patients. Staff is very helpful.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Fantastic and always goes the extra mile. Very knowlegeable.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014