Ratings for Dr. David Schieck

He was my husbands Doctor and took on me and my children. Not sure what is up with all the negative reviews. He is a very caring Doctor that listens to you and helps you. Once he had to cancel an appointment and called himself rather then having the front desk do it which shows how much he cares about his patients. Very professional and personable. The negative reviews floor me as I have had nothing but good experiences with him. I also have 6 kids and he has cared for each and every one of them. If you are looking for a doctor that has great bedside manners and actually cares about his patients than he is the one for you.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Very lazy with paperwork. Always behind an hour. Often not able to understand results from tests and what should be done. Refuses to help people with chronic pain. Can be sarcastic. Refuses to send you to a pain clinic as he doesn't want patients taking pain medication. Refuses to acknowledge chronic pain.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

not the best not the worst always, always late atleast an hour behind

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr Schieck is my father's doctor and he is great with him. He goes through everything and doesn't rush. He is very friendly and has a great sense of humor and my father likes him very much

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. Shieck was absolutely horrible. After multiple appointments about chronic pain, Major depressive disorder, and anxiety, he was quick to give me medication or whatever would satisfy me so I would leave. Any medication I took from him made me feel worse. In fact after taking meds he recommended, I had hallucinations and a suicide attempt. He doesn't know what he's doing. My step father would come with me and correct him constantly. I hope this man gets fired. He is a terrible doctor and shouldn't be looking after anybody. It goes to show how professional he is since he is always late to EVERY appointment, I'don't spend at least two hours waiting when I went to see him, only to have him rushing me out the door with whatever he was using to shut me up. I had an ovarian cyst which was never treated and I am in constant pain. I have many problems with my feet that he never took care of. I told him about passing out multiple times after being in the sun for too long, which resulted in a seizure. Of course I didn't know that until I went to see a new a doctor who was very concerned about my health. He is selfish, arrogant, a half witt, whoever let him be a doctor make a huge mistake!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

This man should not be a doctor! He is usually 45 min - 1 1/2 hours late for every appointment; the most on time he has been is 30 minutes late. I made a complaint to the clinic director and found out he is so behind on his appointments as he comes in at least one hour late every day! The clinic director encouraged me to make a formal complaint to the College of Physicians as this issue was so pervasive. He certainly not running behind because he is spending time on his patients; you would be lucky to get a full minute of his time. He just refers everything and spends no time on you. I was undiagnosed for 10 years because he would ignore all of my complaints. Now, he was supposed to send off a referral for 5 months but 'keeps forgetting' meanwhile I suffer. He should loose his license. Absolutely awful!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

My spouse and I have been patients of Dr Schieck's for over 10 years. He was always extremely personable and attentive to any and all health issues we have had. He is very understanding and listens to your concerns. He referred us appropriately to other specialists and always made sure our issues were thoroughly followed up. He always took adequate time to discuss concerns.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Schieck is great! He has called our home personally to give test results. Other doctors will not talk about anything other than what you made an appointment for. He will answer questions and help you even if it takes longer. his punctuation lag due to this but he is a good guy asks about family and is very personable.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

we started to go to Dr Schieck when he took over Dr Clarke's practice. We are always happy with his approach and decisions. He even called our home when my Step dad passed away to give his condolences. I think that the bad ratings here might be the result of patients who no matter what they will blame other people before taking a look in the mirror. He is a busy man and does more than just seeing patients. I do hate the wait time but have found it better since taking over the new clinic. The staff at the front could use a lesson in manners for sure.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I have been trying to get my medical records off of this "doctor" since 2008 and he will not comply with the repeated requests I have made even though he is obligated to do so under the policies of The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Dr. Schieck has even ignored the request made by my lawyer!!! He is a loser doctor and I would not recommend him to anyone....... I wouldn't even have him look after my pets!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014