Ratings for Dr. David Schieck

I have been seeing this doctor for a number of years. His office staff and appointment bookings are terrible. He is usually 2 plus hours late for my appointment. He is absolutely paranoid about prescribing any form of pain medication for a senior with multiple skeletal conditions and in actual chronic pain. He won't refer me to a pain specialist. Always rushing to get me out the door. He says if you have a lot of pain, you just have to learn to deal with it! Run away from this sub-standard doctor.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

Dr Scheick was a good Doctor at one time. He listens to my husband and does all he can for him. But because I am a woman he doesn't listen to me. He thinks that everything is all just my imagination. He isn't good with chronic pain. He just tries to give you pills. And anti depressants with everything. Pills are not good. He won't even research other options. He's set in his ways. Acts like he knows best. Then tells you there are other doctors if you don't want to listen to him.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Find a new doctor! Wait times are ridiculous, staff miserable and his knowledge pathetic. You can learn more from a book than this doctor. When you finally get in to see him he rushes you out- I have missed specialists over this man. Run for the hills if you are looking for a doctor try someone, anyone else!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

DR. Schieck has been our family doctor for over 10 years. He is knowledgeable, caring and always looking out for our welfare. He explains the latest blood tests, urinalysis, cholesterol analysis etc. in full detail and gives his pros and cons to your condition. His staff is friendly and treats you well. His only fault is punctuality. Wait time is normally 20-30 minutes after your scheduled time.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

He was my husbands Doctor and took on me and my children. Not sure what is up with all the negative reviews. He is a very caring Doctor that listens to you and helps you. Once he had to cancel an appointment and called himself rather then having the front desk do it which shows how much he cares about his patients. Very professional and personable. The negative reviews floor me as I have had nothing but good experiences with him. I also have 6 kids and he has cared for each and every one of them. If you are looking for a doctor that has great bedside manners and actually cares about his patients than he is the one for you.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Very lazy with paperwork. Always behind an hour. Often not able to understand results from tests and what should be done. Refuses to help people with chronic pain. Can be sarcastic. Refuses to send you to a pain clinic as he doesn't want patients taking pain medication. Refuses to acknowledge chronic pain.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

not the best not the worst always, always late atleast an hour behind

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr Schieck is my father's doctor and he is great with him. He goes through everything and doesn't rush. He is very friendly and has a great sense of humor and my father likes him very much

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. Shieck was absolutely horrible. After multiple appointments about chronic pain, Major depressive disorder, and anxiety, he was quick to give me medication or whatever would satisfy me so I would leave. Any medication I took from him made me feel worse. In fact after taking meds he recommended, I had hallucinations and a suicide attempt. He doesn't know what he's doing. My step father would come with me and correct him constantly. I hope this man gets fired. He is a terrible doctor and shouldn't be looking after anybody. It goes to show how professional he is since he is always late to EVERY appointment, I'don't spend at least two hours waiting when I went to see him, only to have him rushing me out the door with whatever he was using to shut me up. I had an ovarian cyst which was never treated and I am in constant pain. I have many problems with my feet that he never took care of. I told him about passing out multiple times after being in the sun for too long, which resulted in a seizure. Of course I didn't know that until I went to see a new a doctor who was very concerned about my health. He is selfish, arrogant, a half witt, whoever let him be a doctor make a huge mistake!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

This man should not be a doctor! He is usually 45 min - 1 1/2 hours late for every appointment; the most on time he has been is 30 minutes late. I made a complaint to the clinic director and found out he is so behind on his appointments as he comes in at least one hour late every day! The clinic director encouraged me to make a formal complaint to the College of Physicians as this issue was so pervasive. He certainly not running behind because he is spending time on his patients; you would be lucky to get a full minute of his time. He just refers everything and spends no time on you. I was undiagnosed for 10 years because he would ignore all of my complaints. Now, he was supposed to send off a referral for 5 months but 'keeps forgetting' meanwhile I suffer. He should loose his license. Absolutely awful!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016