Ratings for Dr. Martyn Chilvers

Dr. Chilvers is an amazing doctor, I had him for over 30 years, and trusted him implicitly. He always took the time to listen, was very professional, knowledgable, thorough, and he really cared. You could always get an appt within a few days, and he had a pleasant bed-side manner. I always appreciated the excellent care Dr. Chilvers provided, but after dealing with his replacement (who is rarely in the office, makes patients wait for several weeks for an appt, and seems uncaring and uninterested when you finally get in to see him), it makes me miss the excellent healthcare Dr. Chilver's always provided, even more. I hope Dr. Chilver's is enjoying his retirement, and I wish him well.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

wish he was back miss him could get in to see him usually with 1 day ,

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I've had Dr Chilvers for about 30 years. He is a wonderful doc and his staff is great !!!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Had him for twenty years so has my family always done a great job.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Very nice Doctor, Straight and to the point. Fascinating viewpoints

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Chilvers is a very professional, calm, soft spoken and kind doctor that takes the time to listen to you; makes sure he understands your concern before he treats you and excellent to explain things. His medical knowledge is excellent and he's on top of everything that is new. He also is a very thorough Doctor who is quick to refer you to a specialist for further tests if you need them. I never thought many years ago, anyone could mention up to my previous Dr. who retired but he certainly has. His staff also is excellent; wait time to get an appointment is reasonable as is wait time in his office and they are excellent to fit you in if it's an emergency. I hope he doesn't retire in my lifetime.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Honestly how many times do you have to phone to get through to his office? I phoned over 20 times over the course of 3 days and then got put on hold for 15 minutes before I had enough. Yes I have also waited over an hour in the waiting room to get in. I know he says he isn't associated with the walk in clinic but it seems like that would be a better option at times. Then you have to tell them what you want because they are just going by the notes in your file whether they are accurate or not. If you aren't sick, tired and stressed out before you go there, you will be when you are done.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

I have had Dr. Chilvers for almsot 10 years and the only problem I have is his staff and that he likes to push the pills. There are quite a few pills i am allergic to, and he had no problems prescribing me them. I do however find him very helpful with my daughter and love his manner with her. I guess it just depends on whether he is having a good day or a bad day, as to what kind of service you are going to get from him. Over all I will recommend him as a terrific doc

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

I've had Dr. C. for about 12 yrs, & my husband has for about 10 yrs. It used to be very hard to get through to his office (would often spend 20+ mins. hitting redial because of busy signals), but that situation has improved markedly in the past yr. or so. I've rarely had trouble getting an appt. right away and I agree that blame for that should be directed toward the gov't, NOT the Drs. Liz, Karen, and Sue are terrific staff - helpful and pleasant. As for bedside manner - Dr. C has a quiet, gentle disposition so may not seem as personable as some may wish, but he is ultimately thorough, knowledgeable and listens to you as long as you are being constructive and not just whining. If you don't want pills, you should make it known that you don't want just a quick solution. I feel Drs.respect patients willing to take an active part in their healthcare by working WITH them to decide a trtmnt. NO ONE Dr. has ALL the solutions! Do your own research & be a partner in solving the puzzle.LISTEN

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

Chilvers has been my doctor for many years. He's a bit insensitive and moody at times but he's a smart man and on the cutting edge when it comes to new information/treatments. I trust him. As for his staff, Karen is definitely no Patti. Whatever became of her anyway? Liz might seem friendly and "remember everyone" but she seems spoiled and has a pretty kooshy job chatting on the phone all day. She thinks she can "charm" the patients. Wish she would spend more time answering the phone and less time gossiping! Everyone knows that Sue (the other receptionist) is the smart one who does all the real work around there! She certainly is not snobby either!She is very genuine. I wonder if Dr. Chilvers really knows what goes on around his office?

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008