Ratings for Dr. James R. High

Was told by Primary MD's office staff to go to Londonderry (after explained how ill Mom was). When Dr. High entered room, after reviewing RN's notes he YELLED AT ME that Mom was too ill for this facility, even though I explained why I went there; then he called Mom's doctor and yelled at ? saying,"she is to ill for this facility - why did you send her here?". I thought as the nurse and I got Mom dressed Dr. High might come back in and apologize but, he did not. I have never met such a rude, insensative "professional" and I worked in the medical field for 20 yrs.! Mom/Medicare was billed for this "treatment".

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

A month before my wedding this past summer I came down with a very high fever (close to 104 for a few days) not having insurance at my new job yet I was trying to wait it out. Luckily, I went in and met with Dr High, and he was amazing. Right away he tested me for mono which came back positive. His bed side manner was very professional and he seemed like a very concerned grandfather which was comforting. My overall experiance at Elliot was very good.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

Worst doctor I ever came across! Rude, inconsiderate, and not interested in treating or listening to anyone, but rather just discharges you and moves on to the next patient. Actually asked me "You know we treat emergencies here, right?" when I ended up there for severe right side pain. He sent me home after about 10 hours since my pain got a bit better, although I still suspected appendicitis and kept questioning that with him, but he said he couldn't see it on the CT scan and if that was the issue he'd see it on the scan. But I ended up back there shortly thereafter, having surgery for appendicitis which then required a 5 day hospital stay, as opposed to the standard overnight stay for this type of a procedure, due to Dr. High not immediately treating me for appendicitis that night I went to the ER.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

So far I've had two very bad experiences with Dr. High. The first with my 6 week old son who was suffering from an inguinal hernia and when a complication arose awaiting surgery, we rushed him the ER. When we finally met with the Dr., we were shocked by comments of concern that our son would urinate on his tie when he removed his diaper to look at the situation. Fortunately, a dry tie. After doing some x-rays we met with the Dr. once again who proceeded to tell us that we "just need to push the intestines back in." Before demonstrating this, which neither my husband or I wasn't feeling right about, my son almost on cue urinated all over his tie. Normally we would have been mortified but felt there was sweet justice served. After continuing to have strong disagreement with the Dr. that we didn't feel right about "just pushing it in" we learned the day of surgery that it was my son's appendix and not his intestine that was descending. Thank goodness we trusted our instincts!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

Accused when going in for a Diverticulitis flare up, of "wanting nothing but narcotics" when all I wanted was to be hydrated and free of pain and discomfort in any way. There are more than just "narcotics" to control pain.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

Dr. James R. High's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1996)