Ratings for Dr. Lori Picco

She was not thorough and rush through my pap exam and was not honest about my fibriods. She suggested that my fibriod growth could be cancerous and She was not very thorough and rush through my pap smear and I was a new patient with fibriods.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I am not going to be have Dr. Picco as my new OB based on reviews. I am pregnant and most certainly do not need a doctor that would remind me the number of minutes we have been talking prior to going into labor. Thanks for all the reviews. PS. Lawyers count minutes for billable hours, doctors should not.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I support new laws in some west coast states that allow women access to birth control pills without a prescription. This drug can provide help needed for serious medical conditions. Laws that require seeing a gynecologist to obtain a prescription can prove dangerous to the health the women who need this drug. Gynecologists, including Dr. Picco, insist on harmful tests (such as blood draws from a patient with severe anemia who already has had multiple blood draws in recent days as well as mammograms for patients who do not have and have no reason to suspect breast cancer) and refuse to provide the needed prescription. It is no surprise that doctors are a leading cause of injury and death in the United States. It is important for patients to be their own best advocates and not submit to procedures that are both unnecessary and dangerous. Unfortunately, patients are punished for protecting their health when doctors withhold prescriptions and therefore the needed medications.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I found myself with Dr. Picco ( at Capital Women's Care) at a time that i was searching for a new OBGYN. I came to her for what turned out to be polyp's, which I'd never experienced before and wasn't familiar with. My first impression of her was great but soon turned sour after she removed the polyp's and had decided to do a biopsy on them to rule out any cancer which she did. I soon realized i had a problem when she suggested that in order to continue to see her ( I'd only been there three times at this point) I'd have to let her treat me for Hormonal Changes, Menopause symptoms& prevention of cancer. None of which I had come there for because I had none of the three as a issue ( and no symptoms for any of those issues). I guess this is her method to to try to keep patients and milk insurance companies for treatments that they don't need. At one point I swear I heard the music theme from The EXORCIST~another words run as fast as you can and in the process if you have any doubt you can always go to another for a second, and third opinion which you should always do anyway. After my third and last visit with her I told her I'd not return and tried to avoid writing this post but (she does her own billing codes) and since I've walked she decided to keep billing me for a visit that I was told was included because it was follow-up information regarding the prier visits. Warning Ladies, always get a second, and Third opinion when seeing this woman and in a different office. Or just save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else. Hope this helps someone else which is why I shared my experience. STAY AWAY.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

My wait time is consistently horrible and over an hour. Dr. Picco rushes.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I was very unhappy with Dr. Picco. My wait was not long, but the receptionists were unprofessional and unhappy to be working. I paid upfront; they were adamant to receive my work number, I told them I'd rather them contact me on my cell. I had brought my records from my previous doctor (I just moved back to DC from another state). Picco barely glanced at them, and handed them back stating she'd seen my case enough times and didn't need to hold onto my records. My exam was very rushed. I had to call her for my results. Since I was at work, I couldn't really discuss it thoroughly, she advised me as though she had not seen my history record. I tried calling her back leaving several msgs w/ the nurse,front desk,etc. & after 2 mos I finally asked to speak w/ the office manager to complain that I could not speak w/ Picco about important issues that she said I needed to be in close communication about (during my rushed exam). I never got a hold of her and have switched to another office.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2010

Maybe the staff has changed since the last few reviews, but I find them to be extremely nice. I was a little off-putted to see a male working behind the reception desk, though. They are often backed up -- but, honestly, isn't that a sign of a good practice? You wouldn't want to go into a doctor's office to find no one waiting to see the doctor, would you?! Dr. Picco herself is a WONDERFUL doctor! I spent years trying to find a good doctor, without success, until I found Dr. Picco. She is professional, while being friendly and chatty to put you ease. She even apologizes if you are in any pain whatsoever. True, she is quick and to-the-point, but I never feel like she wouldn't answer my questions. I dread this annual exam -- but when I go in, I leave wondering why I did! I'm currently single with no children, but when the time comes when I'm ready for kids, I plan to use Dr. Picco. She will be one of those doctors I will be heartbroken if she leaves DC or stops practicing!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

If I could rate with a -10, I would. The front desk staff and nurses were rude, incompetent, arrogant, unfriendly, and unprofessional. Their brains are worse than amoeba!!!!!!!!!!!! No offense to amoeba!!! I'm never going back to this office again and definitely won't recommend to any other women out there. I waited over an hour and after several inquiries, no one even bothered to help address my questions. The doctor only gets to see you for 5-10 minutes max and rushes through the appointment. I feel that she doesn't care about her patients but just sees us as checks $$$$ coming in. If you still insist to go and see this doctor, be prepared. Go with your worst attitude and aggressiveness to get through the front desk and amoeba to meet the doctor.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

I recently switched to Dr. Lori Picco at Capital Women's Care and highly recommend her and the K Street office. Yes, it's busy, but so far, it's seems efficient, they can do bloodwork right there and you don't need an appt to get checked out if you suspect UTI. Dr. Picco moves fast but I never get the sense that she's rushing me out the door. She listens to you and asks questions and she called me back with my test results much sooner than I expected. I didn't give higher ratings simply because I've only been a patient for a year and don't have as much experience with her or the office.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2009

I thought Dr. Picco was extremely friendly and very attentive. She put me right at ease and talked over all my concerns and questions. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. Lori Picco's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1995)

Workers Comp