Ratings for Dr. John C. Mellinger

I met Dr. Mellinger when I had to meet all the Dr.'s in the practice before I had my son. All of the DR.s in the practice are great but he stuck out and now i go to him for my yearly.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

By far the most amazing Dr. I have ever seen, very competent, very compassionate. I would recommend him to ANYONE!!! He helped me through the worst time of my entire life.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

Dr. Mellinger was always very kind to me and very helpful with my PCOS. He actually referred me to a great Reproductive Specialist when appropriate. He and the other doctors at his practice are wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2007

I've gone to Dr. Mellinger for 15 years, he delivered my daughter as well. I am very satisifed with Dr. Mellinger and his practice.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2007

There is a sort of arrogance involved when someone can't admit their mistakes. Mellinger was my surgeon for a nonemergent c-section, which ended up being the most horrific experience of my life. Afterwards, he didn't come to see or speak with me or my husband. When confronted with what happened, I feel he basically just shrugged it off. My medical records were totally in conflict with what really occurred and I got nowhere through MErcy Hospital in trying to hold these people accountable. I must be fair and say that he is probably very knowledgable (text-wise, but not people-wise), but I think we should require and expect more from a doctor than just intellectual ability. I think a GOOD !doctor should care for their patients, and that was TOTALLY lacking in my experience with him. I still can't sleep at night knowing what he did -- and got away with. Only one word can give me some hope - 1) KARMA - okay, I better make that two - 2) forgiveness.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007

Dr. John C. Mellinger's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

• Blue Cross Of California