Ratings for Dr. RICHARD W. Jacobson

Went to ER with broken arm; he came in and asked me if my arm was broken. I said I think so and told him what happened. He said he’d never heard of someone breaking an arm that way “but we’ll take an X-ray anyway.” When he came back said my arm is broken and starting justifying his earlier attitude. My son drove me to the ER and asked him if they could give me a shot for the pain because he’s driving. MD said he’d give me prescription for pain meds. Nurse brought prescription and looked at it in the room. She said this is what he wrote before the X-ray; it’s not strong enough. Said she’d be right back. Came back and said MD was gone. She’s sorry she can’t get a difference prescription. Advised me to fill it for the night and see Ortho ASAP. I’ll never go back; wish I could give him negative stars. . Recently sent out of town guest to Highland. She had very good experience.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

i have met some mean people in my life but this man is probably the worst. He has an anger problem. He is condescending. He is a bully in a doctor's coat. I was in a car accident that resulted in several broken bones and other injuries. When I asked for some pain medication for 4 different broken bones in 3 different parts of my body he yelled that I was "drug seeking" and that he wouldn't be "fooled by that." I had no idea what this bully was talking about. The accident was not my fault and I have never used drugs. He continued to make disparaging remarks to me and to my family. What a jerk. I wonder if Wilis Knighton know he treats patients like this?

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Worst doctor EVER!!! This horrible man treated me like "less than" because I'm a recovering drug addict. He was mean and cut into me without any numbing agent- (because I must love lidocaine!) lol He hurt my feelings and made me cry. It was almost like he enjoyed treating me like a degenerate. Like it made him feel better about himself or something. At one point he actually called me "dumb"! As I was describing the shape of my abscess as "sickle shaped" he said, "What are you dumb? Only black people get sickle cell!" When I left sobbing, I felt emotionally and physically abused by this man, and I will never go back. I still can't believe how I was treated. I will say, however, there was a very nice male nurse. I really did appreciate him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

This Dr. Should not be allowed to practice- he was very rude and flung the clip board down when I asked a question. He said I'm putting you down for the flu. Not one flu symptom. Abdominal pain. He insisted I have a pregnancy test and told me in my lifestyle get pregnant all the time after I told him this was impossible that I could be. I now have a $99 ER bill which I refuse to pay bc of the mistreatment from this Dr.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I was seen by this doctor earlier this year but am just now submitting a review. Dr. Jacobson is a rude, angry man with no empathy. When I asked a polite question about his treatment plan, he became argumentative and red in the face. He attempted to lecture my husband and I in a condescending and totally inappropriate manner when we were both scared and in vulnerable circumstances. I think we both said 10 words the entire time he was in the room. When he left the room, I burst into tears. My husband and have are paying patients with very good insurance. If WK and this doctor treats paying patients this way, I wonder how they treat the truly vulnerable among us? Shameful!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

This is the most rude, unprofessional physician I have EVER dealt with! I have been an RN for 35 yrs and a Nurse Practitioner for 14 yrs. My 8yo grandson was brought to the ER with >104 temp, lethargy, hallucinations, vomiting. This MD was condescending and offensive and tried his best to be intimidating. There is not enough room here to go into details. I have sent a letter to Mr.Elrod and encourage all who have had the misfortune to be seen by this MD to complain. NEVER go the this ER!!!!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Rude! Was so condescending to my family member. No compassion. Absolutely, would not take a dog to him.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. RICHARD W. Jacobson's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 2000)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.