Ratings for Dr. J.A. Carey

Very pleasant and helpful, and able to get appointment promptly.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

i was seen by Dr.Carey and since the beginning when i made my appointment was aware of not to use perfume because of his allergies, i did have a choice to go or not to go, so i don not know why is all that fuzz. He is a Great Doctor as all is not perfect but he works hard for his clinic, nobody can post wherever they pleased just because they want to do so, Please think in all t he hard work that he does and again if you are not happy do not go back but do not post garbage if you are with out sin trow the first rock.God Bless Everyone

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Very good - skilled and knowledgeable. Dr. Carey spotted holes in my retina and sent me to Toronto Western to have them repaired. According to the physician there, these particular holes were very difficult to spot and he was impressed that Carey had noted them. He was not trying to sell me anything with extra tests. I am thankful for the continued thorough testing. The staff is kind and helpful. They are A+ compared to some medical receptionists I have dealt with in the past.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Carey's practice. I was not a patient of his but scratched my cornea and required attention. His office was able to fit me in very quickly (again I was not a patient), he did a full exam and provided me with a prescription and drops. His offices called me first thing the next morning to check how I was doing and scheduled me for a follow-up the following week. I have nothing but good things to say about his staff as well, they were very pleasant. I wasn't a patient of Dr. Carey's but I am now! I will be switching eye docs for good!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Seems like he picked his staff from off the street, they don't seem very educated. That alone speaks volumes for this optometry practice. I walked out, I don't believe they are at the level of providing quality vision care.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

have always had great visits to the office with clear options and and understanding of processes involved in appointment and the condition of my vision.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

For the person who complained he asked you not to wear perfume, he is not being rude it is posted everywhere not to wear it due to his allergies. He is very polite and patient, being seeing him for 20 years. they have up to date technology and their prices are on par with the other optometrist clinics in Toronto. He refers when he feels it is necessary for laser surgery or eye specialists for glaucoma and other eye problems. He identified my brother, when he was a child, as having reading disabilities that the teachers didn't pick up on and he was able to get tutor and extra help at school to improve his reading skills to normal. Good guy.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

I have been using both glasses and contact lenses for many years, Dr. Carey took the time to help me with my contact lense issue and was able to obtain a confortable pair that I can read with even though I have a lot of stigmatism. He is wonderful. I've been his patient only for a short period of time but both my husband and I love his staff and the service we've been given. Highly recommend him...great person, wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I have been using this Dr for four years and from the start he showed a total lack of interest in patient care. His primary goal is to have to take expesive test and buy glasses from his practice. He goes as far as advising you that other glasses provider do not know how to fill a prescription properly therefore you should only get your glasses from him. After declining an optiona and unnecessary test, that would cost an additonal $60, he still attempted to scare me into doing the test. I refused and low and behold he discovered that my eyes were fine and I didn't need the test after all. The final straw was when he insisted on putting dilating drops in my eyes after I told him that I had to drive home and it was night time. He assured me that I would be fine but driving home was a nightmare. I had perhaps 50% visibility and had to stay in my right lane for saftey. Do not used this doctor. He looks out for his pocket not his patients.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

I went to get my eyes checked and I waited for 45 minutes before I had to go and ask if he was running behind. The back room where my eye test's were conducted was very dirty, dog hair on the chair, unfiled papers on every shelf and it looked like it had not been vaccumed in months. The doctor was nice but I did not trust what he was telling me. When they put the drops in my eyes to enlarge my pupils, he was only able to get the drops in one eye, but still went ahead to check the eye although my pupil was not dialted, meaning he would not have been able to accurately check my one pupil because it was to small in size. I then waited in the waiting room for another 20 minutes,(he told me I would only wait 5 minutes) before he finished the appointment. I would not recommend this office.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013