Ratings for Dr. J.A. Carey

I have been going to Dr Carey since I was a child and he is incredibly kind and caring.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Carey for eye examination but do not buy glasses from him. Ordered glasses from him for my son and waited 6 months for them to be delivered, until I finally bought the same glasses from Lens Crafters. It's 6 months later and I'm still waiting for my refund. Staff are not helpful or empowered. Spoke to office again today at 10am and since they close at 1pm on Fridays they wouldn't promise to get back to me today....really? Obviously customer service is not a priority for them.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Carey for years and he is fantastic. Very knowledgable and ensures I have all the required tests as there is glaucoma in my family history. The staff is also very accommodating. The location is a bit out of the way for me as I no longer work in the area however I wouldn't think of changing doctors. He is awesome!!!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Very pleasant and helpful, and able to get appointment promptly.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

i was seen by Dr.Carey and since the beginning when i made my appointment was aware of not to use perfume because of his allergies, i did have a choice to go or not to go, so i don not know why is all that fuzz. He is a Great Doctor as all is not perfect but he works hard for his clinic, nobody can post wherever they pleased just because they want to do so, Please think in all t he hard work that he does and again if you are not happy do not go back but do not post garbage if you are with out sin trow the first rock.God Bless Everyone

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Very good - skilled and knowledgeable. Dr. Carey spotted holes in my retina and sent me to Toronto Western to have them repaired. According to the physician there, these particular holes were very difficult to spot and he was impressed that Carey had noted them. He was not trying to sell me anything with extra tests. I am thankful for the continued thorough testing. The staff is kind and helpful. They are A+ compared to some medical receptionists I have dealt with in the past.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Carey's practice. I was not a patient of his but scratched my cornea and required attention. His office was able to fit me in very quickly (again I was not a patient), he did a full exam and provided me with a prescription and drops. His offices called me first thing the next morning to check how I was doing and scheduled me for a follow-up the following week. I have nothing but good things to say about his staff as well, they were very pleasant. I wasn't a patient of Dr. Carey's but I am now! I will be switching eye docs for good!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Seems like he picked his staff from off the street, they don't seem very educated. That alone speaks volumes for this optometry practice. I walked out, I don't believe they are at the level of providing quality vision care.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

have always had great visits to the office with clear options and and understanding of processes involved in appointment and the condition of my vision.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

For the person who complained he asked you not to wear perfume, he is not being rude it is posted everywhere not to wear it due to his allergies. He is very polite and patient, being seeing him for 20 years. they have up to date technology and their prices are on par with the other optometrist clinics in Toronto. He refers when he feels it is necessary for laser surgery or eye specialists for glaucoma and other eye problems. He identified my brother, when he was a child, as having reading disabilities that the teachers didn't pick up on and he was able to get tutor and extra help at school to improve his reading skills to normal. Good guy.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014