Dr. Tassos Irinakis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Awesome in every way. Lovely,, lovely man and super assistants! So lucky to have him as my Doctor. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Here is my story. I met Tassos when I was studying at UBC many years ago to become a hygienist. He was one of my professors. He was knowledgeable, charismatic and inspiring as an educator. I hadn't seen him in many years but I would run into him from time to time at lectures of his although I was too shy to go talk to him during those times with so many people from the audience waiting to speak to him. His reputation was bar none the best in vancouver and I kinda felt proud for having been trained by him. Then one day not too long ago my mother desperately needed a periodontist for some implants. Her situation was hampered by her deteriorating health and a couple of dentists did not want to treat her but rather recommended she goes to the dental clinic at Vancouver Hospital. They were unable to help us there and a colleague of mine reminded me of my connection with Tassos. So I reached out to him without knowing if he remembered me or not. It is difficult to get an appointment with him so my hopes were not high. I explained my situation and within 2 days he saw my mother and initiated her treatment. I felt I owed sharing my story as a Thank You to him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

his great work shines through the comments on this website. That is probably the best indicator of his skills and personality. The fact that people Who go out of their way to write all these wonderful notes is proof enough. My own experience matches and supersedes them. What a great guy to have in the valley.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Implant doctors around the world take notice of this amazing clinician. Not only am I impressed by his credentials or his accolades but I am also impressed by his skills as related to me by my dentist clients. I have many health science professionals as my clients in my business and when I asked Who to go to for my dental implant work , they overwhelmingly suggested Dr. Irinakis. I only met with him once so far but I can clearly see why he is so liked. I feel confident in this recommendation and I plan to proceed with the work that he advised. I will give five stars to him for the time being but I am going to put him to the test with my mouth , as I have been told by many dentists in the past that I am a nightmare patient in terms of challenges at my teeth present

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

What a charming man! A 2-hour trip worthwhile -every visit- for sure. His assistants always make me feel welcome and everyone seems to be happy when I arrive. It is ridiculous to think that all specialist are the same. They are not! I have seen three already for the same issue. Dr. Irinakis surprised me with this honesty and engaging demeanor the first time we met. Ever since it has been nothing but great times and beautiful results. Even getting my teeth cleaned at his office is a fun day out of the house. True!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Αγαπητέ γιατρέ μου. Σε ευχαριστώ Από τα βάθη της καρδιάς μου για όλες τις συμβουλές που μου έδωσες στο αεροδρόμιο βρεθήκαμε. Το εκτιμώ βαθύτατα και ας μην είμαι ασθενής σου στον Καναδά. Με εκτίμηση, Παύλος.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

True Story. I contact Dr. Irinakis office in Courtenay for an appointment. I am offered his first opening in 2018! I'm shocked of course but then I suppose when you have a great reputation, these things can happen. So I kindly ask my dentist who referred me to Dr. Irinakis if he could intervene, given that my situation had some time limitations on it due to insurance coverage and important travelling arrangements. Indeed, I was seen within a couple of weeks. And once I got in, there was no turning back. My first experience was very pleasurable and comfortable. Tasso (as he introduces himself) is a refined gentleman who spent an hour with me discussing my situation in detail and LISTENING to me carefully as I laid out my concerns and answered his questions. At no time did I feel rushed. Amazing, eh? How often does that happen in a doctor's office? I am scheduled to start my treatment in the Winter but I am pumped to continue seeing him and his accommodating staff.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I just communicated with Dr Irinakis and to my great surprise he responded immediately to my texts even though he's on holidays in Europe as I found out. I cannot fathom that a doctor would respond so quickly when on holidays or that he'd be that accessible through his patients. I admire that level of dedication and had to comment on it.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I stopped reading the reviews after a few pages and would like to sincerely confirm the sentiment. So true. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Remember your first visit to the dentist as a child? It may have been terrifying due to friends or family sharing experiences. It may have been "fine" depending on who helped you shape your views at that time. But it was never an experience you were looking forward to repeating. This is what surprised me the most from becoming a patient of Dr. Irinakis. The feeling of being treated like a friend. seriously. He jokes with you, keeps you calm and relaxed, spends time to educate you, responds to emails and texts without delay or even a hint of displeasure. It just makes it all seamless and easy. You feel comfortable joking back and asking questions at any time via any means of communication. This is an experience I would hope to live with other medical professionals ...but I do not. This is what -in my humble opinion- elevates Dr. Irinakis to a different level. I don't need to comment on his skills. Countless others have done that for me on this forum. I did feel the need to explain what makes him so different.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Request an Appointment