Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

It is all about the office people. Is it not? I love Tassos but I cannot stress enough the kind and wonderful nature of his vancouver staff and nurses.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

Dr irinakis is a very kind gentleman and his staff is great too. Not once did I experience any negativity in that office. High spirits and smiles everywhere. It shows you what a lovely working environment he has at his clinic. I am happy to add to that experience and share my positive comments on this forum.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2019

I have met twice with Dr Irinakis in his Vancouver practice and have been equally impressed. Visit 1: He introduced himself with a smile and a firm handshake Which I liked and immediately put me at ease. His assistant had warmed up the atmosphere with her enthusiastic nature and engaging small talk. My family doctor had insisted that Dr Irinakis was the best of the best and I took her advice. The visit was educational but still funny and time passed by quickly. The recommendations were presented to me in detail by the doctor along with a few information sheets. He also provided me with the fees and I asked several questions at this point. I sincerely felt that he left no question unanswered and then some. The whole appointment lasted an hour. And yet it didn’t feel like it. His receptionist answered all my payment and insurance questions and continued to communicate with me at later dates with email, which was handy. When I saw him again it was to begin my treatment. I had a different assistant this time who was also super friendly and kind. (Where does he find such great staff? Our Firm is looking!!!). He has such a gentle touch. I didn’t feel that needle at all and THAT is where he finally and utterly won me over. Everything else went smoothly of course and Dr Irinakis delivered the expected outcome as per advertised. I am actually looking forward to my next visit with a coffee, Netflix and friendly environment. Keep it up guys!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2019

Excellent experience with dr irinakis and staff. Never a dull moment with the funny atmosphere and yet consistently professional.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2019

I am disappointed to discover that although I was told by my dentists that my only option was to lose my remaining teeth, there were other options available to me. They were not easy to achieve but they were there. Thank you Dr Irinakis for saving my teeth. I’m very attached to them and I’m overjoyed to know that you can keep them in my mouth for the long run.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2019

Implants cost money. Lots of it. Did I mention how expensive they are? I needed to get that off my chest. But if you are in the market to get some then Dr. Irinakis is who you must see. Many implant dentists have credentials and degrees (although few rival dr. Irinakis) but his reputation and personality are hard to match. Surprisingly, from all the interactions I have had with him and his fantastic staff, its his singing along the radio that has stuck with me. So soothing to hear him hum along and feel that confidence rolling off of him. When you are in his office your doubts are left out the door! He told me once that the main reason he gets up in the morning to go to work every day with a smile and a "can do" attitude is because he's rewarded every day by the opportunity to offer back to his patients the Confidence they lack when they have missing teeth. And that Confidence that he re-establishes on his patients can be life changing. I liked that statement. It suited me. I indeed did get my confidence back in my ability to chew better, to laugh with reckless abandon without fear of my denture popping out and to know that the work i have in my mouth comes with the signature of Dr. Irinakis. He's got my back and that's just a feeling that is hard to find and describe.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2019

Superb communication and great results are traits of Dr Irinakis office in Courtenay. Best dental office on the island without a doubt.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2019

Wonderful staff can be found in few offices but when the staff is guided by a great leader, then the office can offer a spectacular experience. Being in the military for decades, I appreciated the high level of competence and organization in Dr. irinakis's office in Courtenay. Made me feel at "home" so to speak. Thank you all.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2019

Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's response
WE have been working consistently with the military base in Comox and we are truly appreciative of what our Armed Forces do for our country. Thank you for your service and for your wonderful review. Dr. Tasso Irinakis

Submitted September 1, 2019

Complications are a way of life and I am content to deal with them as life puts them on my path. However, my latest complication after a botched implant surgery was entirely unexpected and due to the improper handling by the guy who placed my implant. Dr. Irinakis was recommended as the expert to address my concern and basically fix the screw-up. Dr. Irinakis treated me with respect and care. He heard me out and explained to me what he felt was the issue and offered a solution with a happy ending. I must admit that although I was visibly upset with the other dentist, Dr. Irinakis was respectful of his colleague and discussed the whole issue with me in factual terms vs. feeding off my sentiment toward the other guy. Very classy and still centred toward a solution. His wonderful staff took all matters off my hands and took care of all communications with my former dental surgeon and with any monetary issues or concerns. I recommended without any bias, as much as possible, this office and Dr. Irinakis for their professional handling of my situation and for instilling confidence again in my view of dentistry.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2019

Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's response
Thank you for your positive review. It can be heart breaking to have went through a long treatment period and then have things fail on you. But in our profession as a rule of thumb we all try and do our best. It is unfortunate that you had this experience but I'm happy that I was able to assist you and that my office managed everything for you in a successful manner. Dr. Tasso Irinakis

Submitted September 1, 2019

All I can say is that thank God for people like Dr Irinakis that exist to help out people like me and my family.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2019

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Request an Appointment