Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Two gum grafts: two times the success. The Team simply rocks!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

So lucky to have benefited from the specialist care of Dr Irinakis. After my last experience with a periodontist on the island I never thought I would go back to one again. And yet my experience with Dr. Irinakis has been incredibly rewarding with the beautiful results. You cannot see my gum recessions anymore and my smile is dazzling. he is a wizard in giving freezing and I did not feel a thing after the surgery. thank you Dr Irinakis and staff for taking care of me and my smile !

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I moved to Vancouver Island a few years ago from Alberta. Not an easy transition as I had a wonderful dentist there and I had to go through a couple of them here before finding who I wanted to take care of me. I am very particular about the people who put their hands in my mouth. who wouldn't, right? I was recently referred to Dr. Irinakis for a check regarding my recessions. My new dentist says that Dr. Irinakis lectures on this topic and would not recommend anyone else. So I guess he is worth the drive. I reluctantly went to his office and met with the man. His assistant was a lovely young woman and made me feel very comfortable and cracked some jokes with me. She praised Dr. Irinakis and insisted that I was in the best hands. Dr. Irinakis walked in soon thereafter and introduced himself with his first name and gave me and my husband a firm handshake. I liked that. Very personable. Big smile. Beautiful white teeth. My husband liked him too and spoke highly of our experience when we returned home. I did end up getting some gum surgery. I was informed of why I would benefit from it but he never pushed anything on me. He actually offered to take photos of my recessions and see me again in a year or two to compare. Then he would know if I truly needed these grafts or if my gums remained stable. But after being educated so well, I felt compelled to proceed and erase this deficit from my mouth. So I insisted that we proceed. I must admit that there was almost No Pain! I couldn't believe it. and the grafts look beautiful. You cannot tell at all where he worked but when you look at the before and after photos, the difference is eye popping. What an improvement in my smile. My husband thinks so too. I recommend him from the bottom of my heart. The best dental experience ever!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I am ALWAYS super scared when I see the dentist but if I had to choose the top quality (of so many) that Dr Irinakis has, it would be his ability to put you at ease and take that nervousness away! What a lovely experience my implant journey has been in his office. I sincerely looked forward to seeing him and his staff. Thank you Dr T for your skills but most importantly, your empathy and jovial nature!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

And there it was! The moment my dentist used the ugly term .."cracked root".. And I'm like "So how do we fix it?". She almost laughed and explained that this cannot be fixed. I can admit now that i was frightened. Never had dental surgery before. Always did everything I was told by my dentist and my hygienist. But a crack is a crack. I was in shock to be honest. But I was referred to the best dental clinic EVER! Dr. Irinakis and his clinic staff are simply great. Every single step of the way from communicating with his receptionists to booking my appointments to being treated by the doctor himself, was a seamless experience. The office is very modern with Netflix TV in every room! My comfort was at the forefront of their efforts. Tassos (yes! Dr. Irinakis introduces himself with his first name!) is a funny guy and sings during the surgeries along the radio. I wanted to sing along with him but given that his fingers were in my mouth I dialled it back. You can tell that he is having fun when he comes to work. I have been to his office at least half a dozen times and every single time, all staff members and Dr. irinakis were laughing or carrying these huge huge smiles. Oh I forgot to comment on my titanium tooth! Yes. I had a dental implant and some gum grafting too and a stunning looking porcelain tooth on it too. Too good an experience to not recommend on this site! Just Do It and Go See Him !!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Consider yourself privileged to have this caring gentleman treat your periodontal needs. I recently had 2 pretty extensive surgeries done by him and I will forever be grateful for his honesty, concern and surgical skills. His assistant is equally ranked the best (love her), I would occasionally wake up during the procedures and she would be holding my hand. The entire team in Courtenay are fabulous.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I saw Dr. Irinakis in his practice in Courtenay. What a lovely lovely gentleman. I was quite nervous and my blood pressure was through the roof. But my nerves calmed down within the first 5 minutes of talking to him. I have not yet proceeded with my recommended treatment but that's only because I am putting together the finances needed for it. I feel privileged to be in such good hands in our small community.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I am not a young man. Although I do feel quite youthful in my 70s. Tassos is a fine young gentleman who will not sugar coat your problem. He tells it like it is and provides solutions that will assist you and not "polish" your dental issues. I liked him immediately. He's a straight up guy and respectful of his elders. The service he provided was excellent and his lovely assistant was always smiling and laughing at my jokes, which were probably not that funny. It didn't matter though. I felt like royalty in his practice and like I was a family member of his. Thank you Tassos.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Best Team 😊 I am on my second implant and it always goes very smoothly with virtually no pain. Everyone is very kind and attentive just like family. I highly recommend this team if you want excellent service and care.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology