Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Remarkable doctor who will never complain of questions and looks you in the eye. He just finds ways to relate with you. He even gave me his cell number to text or call should I have any concerns or questions with his services. He returns his texts instantly! Not even my grandson does that. I go for the expertise and service but I stay because of Who he is as a human being. Great man.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

It is so cool that websites like these exist to share your experience with doctors and other health professionals. It offers you the opportunity to identify those who exceed expectations and to avoid those who score below average. I am a millennial. I can tell you that I live and breathe the web. I chose Dr. Irinakis based on this website and the countless positive reviews he has.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Thank you Dr Irinakis for the service you provide in our community. I moved to the Valley nearly 10 years ago and always felt that we had a shortage of high caliber specialists. I had decided to seek the advice of a specialist in the big city in vancouver. Your move to our city has changed that. I feel now confident in proceeding with my implant work in your office knowing that the quality of care you provide surpasses that of most other doctors in BC. Please make an effort to bring more people like you here.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. Irinakis is the most caring doctor I have experienced. He takes his time to explain, and clearly loves his job. I would recommend him to anyone in this field!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I have seen quite a few dental specialists and non specialists over the years but I have never experienced the level of professionalism and caring that I experienced this week when I first met Dr Irinakis.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I recently moved to Vancouver island with my parents. Dr Irinakis came highly recommended by a hygienist friend of mine who was at a lecture of his. I have a gummy smile in my gum recession is very evident so I needed some gum grafting. She swore that his gum grafts were the best she had ever seen and so I booked an appointment with him in Courtenay. My first visit was quite pleasant. His assistant was very polite and friendly and that put me at ease right away. Dr Irinakis came into the exam room with a big smile on his face and gave me a handshake. He asked me to just call him Tasso. He is a natural with people. He made me laugh a few times throughout the visit. I felt very comfortable in his presence but more importantly I felt I could trust him. We had a lengthy conversation where he answered all my questions about the suggested operation and what to expect after the surgery. I am an avid runner and was a little disappointed to hear that I needed to take some days off. However he encouraged me to substitute my running with some light weight lifting within four days after the operation and that certainly made me feel better. On the day of my surgery , I opted to use an oral sedative. What a great decision. The whole visit flew by like a flash and I could barely remember any of it. The healing period was exactly as tassos described it would be. It wasn't the most pleasant week of my life but there were no surprises. When the glue was removed off my graft two weeks later , I was shocked to see how all of my recession had disappeared. When I saw him again a month later , he took photos and showed me the BEFORE and AFTER of my gums. It was literally a miraculous result. I am so impressed by his skills and by my new smile.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's response
It is not uncommon to use Oral Sedation in my practice for many patients of mine. I try and relieve the tension that some patients feel and some times Oral Sedation is the answer. I'm happy this worked well for you and that you have had a positive experience in our office. I truly appreciate your time and effort in writing this review. Tasso Irinakis

Submitted February 8, 2017

My visit at this office was the most pleasant doctor visit I have ever experienced. What a surprise really. The doctor (introduces himself with his first name Tasso) welcomed me with a huge smile and answered an avalanche of questions without ever giving me the impression that he was in a hurry. My husband added his own list as well. It felt more like a casual conversation rather than a stressful dental experience. I'm actually anxious to start treatment with Tasso after this first impression. I'm sure I'll be adding a future comment as well.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's response
I am also looking forward to living up to your expectations! Tasso Irinakis

Submitted February 8, 2017

I'm a colleague of Tassos actually listening to a lecture with him. Looking at the incredible results that the lecturer is showing , only confirms the caliber of Tassos as a master clinician. Tassos gives me consistently identical results. Great to see how ahead of the times you are doc.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

there are few doctors in our city with the reputation Dr Irinakis has. I was referred to him by my dentist who insisted that he was the Man for the job. Job...being that I needed some implants to chew again. I am only in the beginning of the whole process but I can testify that indeed my dentist was right. Dr Irinakis and his lovely staff are a Team like no other. There is respect there and pride in the work everyone does.is it not wonderful when everyone at your dentist's office collaborates to make Your experience there worth remembering? That is how I feel after every visit. Truly!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's response
It is most kind of you to take the time to write your review. I am humbled by it and looking forward to meet and exceed your standards. Kind regards, Tasso Irinakis

Submitted February 8, 2017

I met Tassos over 15 years ago when he was my instructor in dentistry. It was evident -even back then- that he deeply cared for his students and his specialty. I have worked with him almost as soon as I graduated and he has consistently impressed me with the way he cares about my patients and the incredible caliber of treatment he delivers. It is not surprising he inspires patients to leave reviews about him in this site. Here I am myself doing so. Tasso is a great educator, remarkable surgeon and most humble human being. You will undoubtedly be impressed as well. Dr. M.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's response
I know who this is! Thank you so much buddy. You are a tremendous colleague and I am truly appreciative of having the opportunity to be a member of your team in the care of your patients. Cheers. Tasso Irinakis

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Request an Appointment