Dr. Tassos Irinakis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

"The Polite Periodontist" Just had the pleasure of my second of two procedures by Dr. Irinakis and his team and within 24 hours I feel 100% as a result of his skills and thoroughness and efficiency. Dr. Irinakis is so polite he says "sorry this may be a little uncomfortable" anytime appropriate but alas no discomfort, but so nice to have him in tune the entire procedure bearing the patient in mind 100%. He is a consummate professional and I have already since my first procedure told 12 friends about him and his team. Marty P.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2018

Another great experience at the office of Dr Irinakis. Honestly, this office has the best people in it. Dr Irinakis has placed two implants in my mouth already and I can see the writing on the wall for another one. The atmosphere is always pleasant, he sings along to the radio which takes my mind off my stress. He knows when to be funny and when to be serious. I connect with this doctor and you can’t fake that. If you are in the market for implants and don’t live too far from Courtenay, then Do yourself a favour and chat with him before making a permanent decision on your health.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2018

I’d like to say that Dr Irinakis is a refined and personable gentleman. I’ve interacted with him on. Umeraoua occasions in our teaching facility and you can tell that he’s confident as a Periodontist and a great mentor.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

Dr Irinakis has been overseeing my periodontal disease with his hygienists for years now. I have always been pleased with the service I received and the girls at the office are Lovely and kind. Wouldn’t change them for the world.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

I heard about Dr Irinakis through the rumour mill at my kids school by some moms who had implants from him. I checked him out online and then approached those ladies for more info. It was a weird discussion. They were talking about him like he was a rockstar. That was two years ago. Having now been to see him several times I can testify that he has the most approachable, enjoyable, compassionate and sensitive character I have met in the dental industry. None of these reviews overstate at all the experience you have in his office and with his staff. I’m just so happy that he was the one to perform my treatment. My own dentist says that after 30 years in his profession , he has never come across a colleague of the talent that Dr. Irinakis has. And in all honesty what do I know? But if his peers acknowledge his high-calibre ,that is good enough for me

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

Dr Irinakis is an excellent and highly qualified periodontist who is absolutely the best in his field. Highly professional in every way, he explains his findings, diagnosis and proposed treatment options clearly, as well as the pros and cons of each. He makes sure you fully understand his recommendations and assures that you feel comfortable with the proposed plan and costs of treatment. He utilizes the latest dental procedures, technology and equipment and all staff are highly trained, friendly and professional. Dr Irinakis has an enjoyable chairside manner, and always makes you feel completely comfortable and well cared for. Postop care is excellent with a written postop plan, take home care kit, pain relief options and clear follow up instructions including for emergency. The BEST hands you can be in! Wendy N

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

Vancouver Island has a new Mastercin Implants! I have been mentored by Tassos over the years , taking his courses and watching him perform various surgeries and I can unequivocally say that he’s the best in his craft. Exceptionally talented and graceful clinician!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

Best dental experience ever! Dr Irinakis did not try to upsell anything, told me straight up what’s going on with my mouth. No BS! I appreciate that and the fact that he never rushed our first appointment or any thereafter. His office is beautiful with Netflix TVs in every room, a coffee station and very kind staff. He’s compassionate and funny at the same time. I’ve got my implants and beautiful teeth on them. Can comfortably eat, smile and socialize without fear of embarrassment. Oh! And he gave me his cell phone to text him with any questions and he always answered immediately. Thank you Dr Irinakis for such a positive experience.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2018

Dr Aminzadeh, Dr Irinakis and Dr Sadeghi gave the BEST surgical implant course in Dentistry ever! I have taken many hands-on courses over the last couple of decades in Canada and elsewhere. This course was by far the most entertaining, educational and interactive. Hands-on part was impressive! There was a specialist supervising each dentist surgeon one on one for the entire surgery for both of the implants that each of us placed. The facilities at UBC are state of the art and the administrative and assisting staff were helpful and a pleasure to work with. all three of these gentlemen are exceptional mentors and surgeons. All implants replaced with a computer generated surgical guide that the mentors had designed and they were all bang on. Every implant placed dead centre without the slightest mishap through the entire weekend. I’m on such a high! You can certainly tell from my writing. Again, this is the course I would recommend again and again if I wanted to learn how to place implants. Three Specialists teaming up and delivering the best their craft has to offer!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

I just took an implant course from Tassos’s group on the weekend at UBC. I placed two implants under his supervision and I can comfortably state that this is the most fun I have gotten from any dental teaching engagement. As a colleague of his I would lake to let all my colleagues know that there is no implant course our there with the quality of education that is offered with Tassos. He’s simply the Best of the Best as a Periodontist and an Educator. Thank you Tassos for the experience.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

MB Health