Dr. Tassos Irinakis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

The Endo Perio group continues to impress me with the friendly and compassionate staff and their attention to detail. Dr Irinakis is not only a talented doctor but has also created a work family that puts you at ease.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2019

One of the most knowledgeable and skillful colleagues I have ever worked with in my decades as a dentist. A master in his craft. DDS

flag | Submitted March 12, 2019

I received compliments this week from my new dentist in Scottsdale, AZ about the implants I have in my mouth and I have several of them. I told him I had my implants done in Canada many years ago. He marveled at the quality of the work and I felt it was only fair that I wrote this incident to Dr Irinakis’ ratings for everyone to see how some of the greatest implant dentists in the world are in our own country and more specifically in our own home province of British Columbia.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2019

The elderly and retired are often treated like 2nd rate citizens but not at this office. Dr Irinakis is the most pleasant man I have encountered in my years swing doctors and dentists. His young lady assistants are incredibly friendly and helpful. Simply wonderful visit. I will see all of you again at my next appointment and I will tell all my friends of the quality service I received in your office.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2019

This was by far the most positive experience I have ever had in a dental office. All staff and the doctor treated me like I was their VIP patient. Not easy to find that kind of service in the Comox valley nowadays. I am excited and looking forward to my next visit to start my treatments!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2019

When your gut tells you to try someone new for your procedure, look no further than this amazing specialist. Dr. Irinakis performs beyond expectation, and takes on difficult tasks like removing my huge canine tooth with efficiency, speed and a song. The recovery so far is going amazing. I had a tooth extraction and bone graft around 8:45 am. Checked out and paid by 9:30 am. By 2:00 pm, I awoke from a nap. Felt great.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2019

Finally finished my visits to Dr Irinakis office. If there were two things I’d pick to highlight, it would be how his office staff were all an amazing team working so well together and with a genuine smile. The second would be the accessibility to reaching Dr Irinakis via his personal email address or his cell phone. His skill set is without saying. Great journey. 4 implants. Lots of fun.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2019

Thanks to Dr. Irinakis and his office staff, my visits to his office have always been pleasant and pain free.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2019

The staff at The ENDOPERIO GROUP is simply amazing! So so polite, accommodating and understanding. Thank you ladies for helping me out with my travel restrictions. Dr Irinakis you have excellent professionals working with you!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

Yes to all the great comments here. Thank you Dr Irinakis for tapering the immense phobia toward dentists that I’ve had my whole life. Life is challenging enough when you have PTSD and dentists were not high on my list as soothing and calming. It seemed that my fears would explode in the dental office. And then I met with Dr Irinakis. A beautiful soul who allowed me to be Me in the dental room without criticism or any hint of impatience. He listened, laughed, shared his concern and that nagging uncontrollable dental phobia , gradually faded. Hard to explain any other way. He just connected and understood. Every visit became easier and my blood presssure would be lower and lower. At my last surgery visit, I was excited to be going. Imagine that! I’m not “cured” of my phobias but seeing Dr Irinakis has made them hide somewhere far away. I’m always grateful.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Medicaid / Medi-Cal