Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Thank you Dr Irinakis and staff for being so helpful in addressing my emergency right away. My dentist said that your office was the only one that could handle my type of complication in the city. Talking about being right! You guys are great and I feel wonderful today. Thank you for taking care of me on such short notice. I will make sure I let my Dentist know how wonderful this experience was. You are my Number One favorite doctor office.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

My experience in Dr. Irinakis' practice is one of wonder at his incredible results. I walked in there after a severe accident a while back. Multiple bone fractures and several doctors and dental specialists got involved. Dr. Irinakis was the periodontist specialist involved in my case, participating in the reconstruction of my face and mouth. My oral surgeon who led my case, insisted that no matter what he does, in the end it would be the magic touch of Dr. Irinakis who will make my smile look "as natural as possible". I was hesitant and tired from the repeated operations and rehabilitation efforts but in the end all my doctors and dentist specialists delivered an incredible outcome, to the point that no one can really tell the kind of destruction my appearance had suffered. My new dentist did not realize anything was amiss until he received copies of my records. When your smile is in trouble, you want Dr. Irinakis on your team! Thank you so much for everything you have done for me.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Tassos has been my periodontist on the island for a few years now since his Campbell River days and now in Courtenay. I can attest to the excellent communication skills and bedside manners this gentleman has. I have to travel far to see him but I would gladly even go to vancouver if I had to , to see him. My implants have all been successful and have changed my life. I'm retired now and I thought I would be condemned to wearing dentures for the rest of my life. But with my implants the quality of my nutrition has made me healthier and I don't feel socially awkward anymore with food getting stuck under my dentures. He's simply a great guy and certainly my Go To implant doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

It has been a true pleasure meeting Tasso and his staff a few years ago. I have had a plethora of procedures done over time and have been impressed with every one of them. To state that he is the Best is just not enough to describe the experience. He's passionate, respectful, kind, masterfully skilled and a really beautiful human being.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

2 years since my implants. Excellent experience. X-rays show that my implants are stable and rock solid. My dentist is happy. I am happy. Great doctor to go to for such work.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I don't like dentists. Not a shocker, I know. But honestly people this dentist is truly All That! What a calming and educational experience. So from now on I'll be saying that I don't like dentists with the exception of one cool Dr Irinakis!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

I've worked with Tassos for over a decade, referring my patients to him and observing the results. He is a busy man so sometimes my patients need to see other periodontists in a timely manner. This has offered me the opportunity to compare the treatment philosophy and overall results from 6 different Perio specialists. I would not be exaggerating if I were to say that although every one I have worked with has provided good results, the overall experience and outcome from Tassos are just a few notches above. It could be that he was the director of the implant program at UBC that gave him an edge combined with his winning personality. It could be the highly efficient and polite assistants and receptionists. Regardless, every single one of my patients have informed me of a wonderful and caring professional (and staff) and I can attest to the exceptionally high standards Tassos sets for himself and exceeds on a daily basis. Anyone who knows him can tell you that he "lives and breaths" his work.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Two gum grafts later and knowing I will keep my teeth into my old age...Priceless! Thank you Tasso for a wonderful ride and the excellent outcome.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

As much as I love Dr Irinakis and his cosmetically impressive work I would like to comment on the incredibly organized clinic. Everyone there treat you like family with respect, humour and care. And they were always on top of everything and communicated with me and with my own dentist and other specialists that were needed in my case. Just a superb experience !

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

He is caring . Knowledgeable , patient ,good listener , having a very organized clinic .

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Delta Dental