Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Thank you dr Irinakis for taking great care of my husband. You were extremely gracious and professional.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Lovely office. Lovely staff. Lovely doctor. Fantastic experience with results that "smile" for themselves.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I have taken many implant courses by Tasso and other mentors in Canada and the US. He is the ONLY mentor out of all of them who after 7 years, still assists me with my cases via email and never fails to give me advice in treating my patients. By far the most dedicated teacher and clinician out there. I am humbled to be one of his alumni. Dr. B.M, University of Alberta

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I am a huge fan of green scrubs when I see them on TV. When I see them live...not so much! I think I was probably sweating all over the first time I walked into Dr. Irinakis dental office. He was a little late in taking me in for my consultation visit and apologized immediately explaining that his surgery ran a little longer. I had no problem with that since I also hope that if my surgery presents with a complication that he sticks around to address it! He actually apologized again at the end of the appointment for waiting the extra 20min I did. Honestly, this was not a big deal at all. The appointment went great. My nerves were calmed. When i mentioned my profession he took immediate interest and we ended up chatting about that for 5min prior to him starting his examination. That was awesome, as it allowed me to relax further and become more comfortable with him before he puts those fingers in my mouth! Right? Huh! This first visit and first impression ended up pretty much summing up every visit of mine thereafter. His jovial staff and warm demeanor honestly made me looking forward to my next visit. Oh! I forgot to mention how my treatment went! Spectacular results! Beautiful smile! Recession gone! I'm now thinking that I should take it up a notch and go for veneers! Tassos is just unbelievably friendly, warm, funny, skilled and just a Master! I must also make mention here of his a-m-a-z-i-n-g staff! The receptionists truly represent him in the best possible way. They were genuinely friendly, patient and encouraging. The assistants were awesome! Where does he find this kind of staff? They were so understanding and accommodating. They treated you like you were friends or family! There is no doubt in my mind that if you need a periodontist, you certainly would not be doing yourself a favour if you didn't at the least get Tassos' opinion on the matter. Period!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I had a horrible injury in my jaw and my jaw bone was open inside the mouth and not healing. The gums refused to cover it and you could clearly see a long white area where I could touch my jaw bone with my finger (apparently not supposed to do that ). My dentists got scared and sent me as an emergency to Dr Irinakis. I can tell you , I was mortified by my dentist's look when he saw it. Dr Irinakis saw me within a day and calmed me down explaining that although this is an uncommon phenomenon, he had treated a number of them and there was no need to be overly afraid. The amazing thing is that he took care of the problem right there and then (he called it Necrotic bone) and my problem disappeared! I didn't even need any painkillers! I felt it was necessary to share this experience with everyone as I am quite old and I see doctors on a weekly basis...and yet I haven't seen this level of compassion and care in years.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I want to take this opportunity to sincerely express my gratitude to Dr. Irinakis for spending numerous hours on my case, as it is complicated, and communicating with insurance agencies and myself by emails and phone calls. Even took a call of mine while he was on holidays overseas. Thank you for making me feel special and cared for.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

My experience with Dr Irinakis was touching and lovely. I have COPD and he managed my surgeries that relieved me from my stress and medical concerns. He is the most approachable dentist I have come across on my 7 decades on this planet. His nurses were lovely too. Thank you. You all have my deepest respect.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Just read the 5 next comments and it pretty much sum sit up for me.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

My Experience with Dr. Irinakis at this clinic, which admittedly took place a few years ago. FIRST VISIT: .. Very very nervous. I'm generally a strong guy but give me terms like "sinus surgery" and "titanium screws" and i'm out! So I must admit was not in my best behaviour or mood. His nurses though were lovely and struck up a funny conversation with me and that did help me relax a bit. Dr. Irinakis walks in with a beaming smile and gives me a firm and confident hand shake. I must admit, that hand shake and heartfelt smile did ease my resistance...just a bit. He actually introduced himself with his first name "Tasso" in the most friendly manner. By the end of the appointment I was actually smiling myself although i did not like the view of my xrays and the fact that I needed this bone surgery done prior to getting my implant teeth. SECOND VISIT: .. Many many months later I decided I needed another chat with Dr. Irinakis. This time I actually was much calmer and noticed the beautiful office environment and all the TVs in his clinic. There was a coffee machine for his clients (I wish I had noticed this the first time), juice, water bottles...the works. He was happy to see me again. I was far more educated and had a list of questions and concerns (Internet Rocks!). He answered patiently and we laughed a lot too. After spending nearly an hour with him, he actually asked the staff to not charge me a dime! I was shocked as I understand how busy he is and appreciated his gesture since I never asked for it. SURGERIES:. .. The first surgery was probably the most shocking as I did not know what to expect. But his office is a well oiled machine. Everything was explained in advance. What to expect. What foods to refrain from eating. How to address exercise and work. What level of pain would I have to endure (which was surprisingly minimal!). And did I mention that he hums or sings or something when he does his surgeries? really! Not a great singer but the whole experience did have a calming effect on me so I really appreciated it and looked forward to it every time I had an operation. At the end of the surgery, he gave me his Personal Cell number and email for communication! The procedure itself was a breeze. I was watching TV on the ceiling and didn't feel a thing. I did text him after a couple of days later with some questions and he answered immediately. We ended up texting back and forth a few times that day and the next. Just a fantastic post surgery experience. After that, every other surgery or visit were great; smooth sailing as they say. This is the kind of clinic I wish I would experience in all my other dealings with the medical profession.Tasso is undoubtedly a leader in his profession and has established a perfect working environment that can address even the most nervous and needy patients. He's the best!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

My first experience with an implant specialist was not the best. Very pushy guy for a $10,000 plan!!. That is a lot of money people! So I did not proceed and then a few years later, after moving to Vancouver, I was urged by my dentist to see another specialist. I guess you can say I was not on my best behaviour when i first met Dr. Irinakis but by the end of the appointment he was able to melt my cold front and make me a believer. If I had this kind of experience with that first visit of mine a few years back, my jaw would not have shrunk further by sitting around doing nothing. Yes! Your jaw shrinks -continuously- when you lose a tooth and don't replace it with implants. Wish I was told that before.,. Moving forward and making a long story short: Dr. Irinakis is a miracle worker! That is the least I can say about him. Miracle worker! I had my implants and will never look back. Miracle worker people!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology