Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
- "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
Publications & Research
- Initial torque stability of a new bone condensing dental implant. A cohort study of 140 consecutively placed implants.
- Clinical evaluation of the NobelActive implant system: a case series of 107 consecutively placed implants and a review of the implant features.
- The challenge of implant therapy in the posterior maxilla: providing a rationale for the use of short implants.
- Preserving the socket dimensions with bone grafting in single sites: an esthetic surgical approach when planning delayed implant placement.
- Rationale for socket preservation after extraction of a single-rooted tooth when planning for future implant placement.
- The influence of interfering septa on the incidence of Schneiderian membrane perforations during maxillary sinus elevation surgery: a retrospective study of 52 consecutive lateral window procedures
- Immediate loading in the maxillary arch: evidence-based guidelines to improve success rates: a review.
- Efficacy of injectable demineralized bone matrix as graft material during sinus elevation surgery with simultaneous implant placement in the posterior maxilla: clinical evaluation of 49 sinuses.
- The use of lasers for periodontal debridement: marketing tool or proven therapy?
- Intentional angulation of an implant to avoid a pneumatized maxillary sinus: a case report.