Dr. Tassos Irinakis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Hard to find integrity nowadays, especially in a dentist and yet Dr Irinakis is in himself as honest as a gentleman comes. Thank you.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

Thank you all at the office of Dr Irinakis for the wonderful care I have received over the years. It is greatly satisfying to know that any time I have a problem with my gums or missing teeth, I can count on the exceptional quality of your services and results. I’ve been there often over time and suspect will need to do so again ...soon. Not getting any younger you know. Love you guys!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

I started this posting to praise the doctor but I would not be honest if I did not congratulate the amazing staff in Dr Irinakis ‘S clinic. Every single lady that has interacted with me has been nothing short of spectacular and deeply empathetic.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

Dr Irinakis is an amazing doctor, so happy to find him. This is the best experience in recent times!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

Are you kidding me? Dr Irinakis is on holidays in Europe and he actually received and communicated with me via text immediately! Not even a delay! That’s simply an astonishing level of openness and doctor experience. Enough said!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

Hands down a premier PERIODONTIST in B.C. Have seen a few of those over the years but Dr Irinakis easily is the best.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

To the people of Vancouver Island: We are so lucky! I have been travelling back and forth from one dentist to another over the last couple of years as I felt I was not heard and my pain was not addressed. Everyone was nice and everyone casually loaded me up with antibiotics. I was tired of the uncertainty of my teeth and the expenses I was about to dive into without any real explanation as to the reason behind all my problems. Then I met my latest dentist in Courtenay -a fantastic gentleman- who sat with me and spent the time to explain what he could do and what he could not do. He kindly explained that a big part of my problem could only be addressed by a Periodontist...and I'm thinking: "Why the H has no one told me this before?". And this is how I ended up with Dr. Irinakis in his chair in his new facility. I could tell from the start this guy was No BS. He was the real deal. Spoke to me frankly. Explained things in detail. Easily came to conclusions and recommendations and for the first time in years, I felt Confident! I felt that I am finally in Good Hands and my teeth will be addressed by someone with expertise and experience. We spent over an hour discussing my situation and I never felt rushed. On top of that, he called me that same week to discuss a certain point in my case in deeper detail after he received some xrays of mine from my dentist. This is who I was looking for! Dr. Irinakis is the go-to specialist on this Island in my books. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

I waited several months to see Dr Irinakis and finally got to see him in July. Although I only had a consultation with him it is evident to me why he’s so popular. In today’s demanding society of everything needing to be done “yesterday “, it was refreshing to see a dentist who was in no rush and made an effort to “connect”. In fact, it seemed that he was able to connect with me quite effortlessly. He took his time to educate me on my problem and also eliminated that sense of urgency I usually get from my dentist. He was calm , smiling, reassuring. I could feel it that he would take care of things at the right time. He was certainly worth the wait

flag | Submitted July 29, 2018

Very professional dental office. Big city quality and punctuality brought to our valley. Human touch maintained. Felt appreciated and respected. Thank you to everyone who has interacted with me and my husband from your clinic.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

What a fantastic dental office. Best I've been in by far. I always gauge my dental and medical experiences to a significant extent based on how happy the staff seem. And boy does everyone seem happy in Dr. Irinakis' office ! The receptionists did an amazing job in checking my insurance coverage and emailed me the moment they heard back from my insurance. They answered all questions and were always available either by phone or email. Dr. Irinakis contacted me himself when my questions to his staff became more detailed. Essentially, you can see the elements of a great team in his office. So regardless of the successful dental work I had, I can also state that the calm , happy and friendly environment I identified during my first visit at his office continued without interruption through all my visits over the last two years.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Request an Appointment