Dr. Tassos Irinakis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

I have my cleanings and treatment at Dr Irinakis office for some time now and I can categorically say that his hygienists are the best in the business. Professional, caring, thorough and educational at the same time. I will always continue to clean my teeth there and preserve my health. Totally worth the extra bucks.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Dr Irinakis was very easy to communicate via text, which for myself is a big thing as I’m shy in person and over the phone. This small thing made a difference for me. And I also do agree with everyone else’s positive reviews on this forum.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

My journey for an implant has finally come to the end. Implant operation was a success. Implant crown also a success. Get to eat now whatever I want!! Thank you Dr Irinakis for being part of the solution! My first steak is for you.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I have seen 2 Periodontists, 2 Oral surgeons and 2 Prosthodontists in the last year. Now you’re thinking: “this is a difficult -beeeep- of a patient”. The fact is that I’m very detailed oriented and I have to be convinced by the doctor in front of me that he or she is the RIGHT person for ME. So Yes. A little over the top perhaps but hey!, I’m not taking any chances with my teeth! After meeting them all Dr Irinakis connected with me better than the others. He answered all my questions for over an hour with a “No BS” attitude which is what I needed. He read me well as a person and adjusted his communication with me accordingly. Excellent meeting. After our appointment I had further questions and he called me back to answer them in full over the phone. Now I can admit that I have bought into his treatment philosophy and attitude and will choose him over the others. Simple as that.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Implants can be scary but Dr Irinakis made the whole process easy for me. I did all my surgeries under sedation which was wonderful and stress free. Positive experience.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Thank you Dr Irinakis for your wonderful job on my father. Very elegant final look. The implants allow him now to chew normal food. We are very very happy. Thank you again.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Ouch was my first thought when I heard the word Surgery. Dentist said I needed it to save my tooth. Not happy but wanted to save tooth so off I went to Dr Irinakis. I am pleased with the outcome and the service I got. Nice people. I recommend them.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I first met Dr. Irinakis close to 10 years now for my first (of a few) implants with him. I'm a specialist myself and first met Tassos when I was just out of medicine. I was impressed at that time and connected with him ever since. I carried that connection with me through my years in various hospitals, fellowships and mentorships and honestly, the trust I felt with Dr. Irinakis has not been replicated. He has been honest with me from the beginning and never pushy. I'm don't appreciate BS and have not received any from him. I can be a bit of a handful some times but Tassos has let me be myself in his presence and we've hit it off well. He's given me sound advice over the years and what has been even better is my freedom to connect with him online over the years and to receive advice and tips on dental treatment I received in the various cities I worked and trained in. I'll be seeing him again soon as I'll be needing his services again. Great guy. No BS. Total Trust.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

To begin with, I am not a great fan of going to the dentist or any dentist associated activity. Besides that, I do appreciate everything Dr. Irinakis has done for me. Even from the very first call to book, I was impressed with the professionalism of his staff. I like it that emails are utilized in my communication with his office and the fact that I receive responses fast. Meeting Dr. Irinakis was another pleasant experience. He's straightforward, truthful and a very good communicator. His approach to my problem suits my personality and I look forward to the completion of my treatment. I very much recommend him and his office .

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

I'm a dentist who had not referred to Dr. Irinakis in the past until recently. Actually I do know of Dr. Irinakis and his reputation but out of convenience I referred my patients to a different periodontist who works very close to my office and never had a problem with. Recently a patient of mine insisted that she is referred specifically to Dr. Irinakis, hence my first referral to him. I must admit that although I have seen him lecture several times over the years in courses and conferences and therefore knew of the high quality of his results, I was blown away by his level of professionalism that was evident from his letters of communication with me, to his treatment of my patient and to how he dealt with her dental phobia. He identified work that my office had missed and informed the patient in a very subtle and professional manner, which instilled confidence in my patient to return to my office for further treatment. The results of that first referral looked beyond incredible and I have now started sending more cases his way. Every one of my patients who has thus far met with him has raved about the quality of care and gentle manners of his assistants and receptionists. I guess what I"m saying here is that moving forward I will be trusting a lot more patients of mine to his care including my own wife. Thank you Tasso.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Request an Appointment