Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Oh my god! Going to Tassos and Audry was so much fun. The visits were always memorable, including my latest operation. I’d like to mention that Kylie from his office actually called me on a Sunday to see how I was and I was floored by her professionalism and dedication! Tassos you have a gem there! I recommend that clinic hands down as the best dental experience ever. Truelly.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Well deserved reputation. No reason to repeat the obvious. Stellar dentist who gets the results you are looking for. Thanks doc!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

“We are the Champions” from the group EUROPE , will forever be stuck in my mind as the song associated with my beautiful smile! I just decided to write this review after hearing it right now on the radio while on the beach. This is the song that Dr. Irinakis was humming along during my Implant surgery and I remember because he commented on it at the time. And at my final appointment at his office it played again. I mean what are the odds? Apart from this little trivia, dr. Irinakis and his wonderful assistants took truly great care of me through all those visits at his office. Even my usual high anxiety diminished over time while going through the various operations at his clinic. Everyone there exudes confidence, empathy and a great deal of kindness. It’s funny how the environment remained stronger in my memory than any inconvenience from my surgeries. Incredibly well organized and supportive office. Great attitude and never a dull moment with Tassos in the room !!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Thank you Dr Irinakis for taking care of my wife’s mouth. I’m blown away by the smile she now enjoys ever since she got rid of that flapper thingy. Cool job well done. Give my thanks to the lovely assistant who always held her hand during freezing. You deserve your reputation and we are happy you were our doctor.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I love that office! Everyone is always funny and personable. They treat you with respect and care. Even from that first dreaded consultation visit where I knew I was going to be informed of my "dire situation" -as per my dentist- and all the aftermath, Dr. irinakis and his staff made the visit pretty cool and entertaining. I am not saying that it's "great" going to a periodontist and having him take out teeth and put in a bunch of implants but if you are stuck with such a destiny, you truthfully could not wish to be in better hands. I am inquisitive by nature and Dr. Irinakis never hesitated to sit down and explain every step to me in detail. I like details so that worked well with me. From all the operations I must admit that the bone graft appointment was the most "memorable" because trying not to sleep on my side for a while was the toughest thing I had to do in a long while. But then I think to myself that if my "roughest" experience is not sleeping on my side for a few weeks, I should be pretty happy given the number of operations I underwent. I was also introduced to Netflix at his office...which led to me actually purchasing it for my home entertainment! There you go Dr. Irinakis. now when I turn on Netflix at home I remember being exposed to it for the first time at your office. To all the folks out there who need implants, why are you hesitating? Because of the fear that comes with the word "Surgery", right? Then your solution is now in front of you. You may not have a choice on what needs to be done but you do have a choice on who you see. Babbling along now.... Good night everyone!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Two implants put in my mouth many years ago. Now one is absescing and it appears because of some nuts accompanying my drinks by the pool down south! I mean what the h***? These titanium behemoths are being brought down by some nuts? Apparently that is the case. Nuts= Implant killers as my dentist told me. I digress. I was referred to Dr. Irinakis to assess the situation and replace the implant if need be. Well, it did need be! All the bone around my implant was gone and in its place what is this purple -blue-velvet coloured , weird looking tissue that he showed me. The good news is that this doctor is pretty amazing at what he does so he was able to fill in my jaw with new bone and then place a newer generation Implant for me. So no harm done, right? Well.... a few thousand dollars later I mean. But honestly , Dr Irinakis was the ultimate professional. Very well spoken, obviously quite knowledgeable, painless, funny and let me be myself during our appointments without complaining. By being myself, I mean cursing a little bit. You know, to keep things interesting. But the experience was great and the outcome even more so! Thank you to everyone at his office for being so good at what they do. Do not hesitate to see him for your implants.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Hands down the most organized clinic I have ever encountered anywhere on Vancouver Island. Everyone works as a part of a well captained team with Dr Irinakis at the helm and the Lovely assistants complimenting everything. Being an event manager myself, I had to make this comment. As for the treatment, Dr Irinakis is the best at what he does. No doubt whatsoever. Makes the long drive to his office totally worth it.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

Need dental implants? Look no further! Sounds like an infomercial, right? But it’s true. This is the place where you would find a solution to your dental problems. I heard about Dr Irinakis from colleagues at work and although I was mentally prepared to travel all the way to Vancouver in order to see the “best” , it turns out the Best (i.e. Dr Irinakis) also has a practice right here in our backyard on the island! Made my day! Apparently my situation was not easy and I required a few operations to achieve the optimum outcome but optimum it was. Beautiful front teeth. Can’t tell Implant from natural teeth. My smile is dazzling if I may say so myself. Professional office with caring nurses. Raving on now.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's response
Thank you so much for your trust and beautiful comments. It's always so stressful working on a patient where their upper front teeth are involved as everything I do will impact their smile! Stressful and nerve wrecking some times. But it's all worth it in the end when you look at the final outcome and can enjoy a "dazzling smile" for life. Dr. Tasso Irinakis

Submitted May 2, 2018

Good people in the office. I was treated with respect and kindness. My surgery was painless. I would recommend to anyone needing a gum surgery.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I completed a weekend bone grafting course by Dr Irinakis and Dr Sadeghi at UBC and the experience was overwhelmingly rewarding. This duo is a testament to what high end dental education should look like. Charismatic speakers, leaders in education, master surgeons. What more do I need to say? Taking their course and observing them performing their surgeries certainly allowed me to feel confident and comfortable with treatment on my own patients! Hands-on session was entertaining in a stress free environment. Great job guys! You made my trip to Vancouver totally worth it!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's response
This means a lot coming from a colleague of ours. Thank you for your kind words and recognition. I love teaching and it's a big part of what I do; travelling out there to lecture and share knowledge with my colleagues. Dr. Tasso Irinakis

Submitted May 2, 2018

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Request an Appointment