Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

It is with great pleasure that I recommend Dr Irinakis for all your implant needs on Vancouver Island. We are fortunate to have his skills available to us non-Vancouverites. My experience with him and his staff has always been pleasant and if I may say-Enjoyable. My results speak for themselves. Two different implant surgeries over the last few years with two individually impressive results. As for Dr Irinakis as a person, he is kind, caring, always retains a call promptly and goes out of his way to make you feel at ease. My favorite part of my visits to his clinic is when he hummed or sung along to the radio. It calmed me down and offered me a sense of confidence in his abilities.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Staff is pushy, stubborn and they take advantage of seniors......

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Remarkable doctor with tremendously helpful staff. This is how a dental office should run and treat its clients. Thank you to all for making my visits there stress free. And thank you dr irinakis for taking care of my mouth and for educating me on gum disease. Regards, a grateful patient.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

From my first appointment to my last follow-up through the past year, I have experienced a wonderful relationship with Dr Irinakis' office in Courtenay. Tassos is very friendly, very knowledgeable (I'm a Health Science grad myself), very respectful and ultimately delivered the best possible result. Can't praise him enough.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Dr Irinakis did my gum graft, and the experience & outcome of my surgery, from beginning to end was flawless. He is as kind as he is competent, He answered all my questions & concerns with patience and detail. I had no pain whatsoever throughout the whole process and my graph took & healed beautifully. Dr Irinakis, you are the best!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Cool, Collected, Skilled, Perfectionist, Caring, Professional, Best Periodontist Ever. LOVE my gum grafts!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr Irinakis is simply the most caring doctor I have ever seen. I have been seeing him for my implants for a while now. Two implants; and one of them right in the front affecting my smile and forcing me to hide it when laughing. I looked around on the Net and asked friends of mine and several dentists. It pays off it have a brother who's a dentist, although not in Canada any longer. Dr Irinakis came so highly recommended by his peers. He was consistently recommended. So I started my journey to fix my smile and replace that awful "flipper" that I was wearing to replace my upper missing tooth. The other empty spot in my mouth was a molar so "beauty" was not the deciding factor in replacing it but rather a strong wish to restore my dental health. Throughout my months of treatment and a multitude of visits, I came to know Dr Irinakis and his staff fairly well. There was not a single time where he and his assistants were not beaming with wide infectious smiles. Everyone in his clinic made you feel comfortable, relaxed and cared for. You were the centre of attention and never ignored. In terms of quality of service , It was like visiting a 5 star resort. The equipment was all new and state of the art. TVs with Netflix in every room. Coffee and tea at your disposal. He even provided his personal cell number and email after every procedure he performs but more importantly he made you feel truly comfortable at contacting him. It was like texting a friend every time I had a question. He never failed to respond , even when he was on holidays overseas with his family. I should of course confirm that his work was impeccable. My dentist and his associate , both commented openly time and time again not only at the ability my surgeon (Dr Irinakis) had in producing great results but also in the smart decisions he made and the advice he gave them (to my dentist) on how to maximize their own work in my mouth. Thank you Dr. Irinakis for the miracle you performed on my smile. Please extend my appreciation to your wonderful assistants and your most kind and friendly receptionists.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I am finally enjoying my crown. I cannot contain my excitement. Dr Irinakis did an excellent job in giving me an implant and doing his gum magic that -from what I'm told- allowed my dentist to make a beautiful crown. My smile is back to that of a teenager! Very appreciative of the work and effort that went into this.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

What a wonderful doctor. He actually called me from Switzerland to address a question I had relayed to his office. I am thoroughly impressed.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Thank you Professor Irinakis for using your expertise and experience to correct my -previously- horrible smile. I am now confident, happy and absolutely love my Smile. You are a miracle worker!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Workers Comp