Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Outstanding Staff BadgeWorld Class Punctuality BadgeExceptionally Helpful BadgeHighly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

I just heard on the news an ad for dental implants and it reminded me of my experience with Dr. irinakis and his team. I am a nervous individual when it comes to dentistry; near phobic you could say. I need sedation in order to receive dental work. When i first started working with Dr. Irinakis, I would have all work done with a sedative. His incredibly friendly and non-threatening demeanour allowed me to slowly connect with him and his lovely girls at the office. Since my case was going to drag on for nearly 2 years, I had the opportunity to really get to know these people. His assistants are superstars. Caring, accommodating, always smiling and empathetic. The girls at the reception treated me like royalty at all times with the utmost respect and kindness. Dr. Irinakis himself, provided me with his email and personal cell number so I could reach out to him at any time i needed. I only contacted him on his cell phone once but just having his contact info provided me with relief and assurances that he would always be there for me. A few months after we started, was all it took to completely let go of any sedatives for my visits at his clinic. That was a First for me in all my years seeing dentists and various specialists. When it came to the actual treatment I received, the work performed on me was exactly what he had promised. I can fully function again and that embarrassing feeling that I always had with my smile and mouth has disappeared. I can once again chew anything I want, I can enjoy going out to social functions with my lady friends and my diet is more appropriate for my health. I feel like a different person and on top of that I also feel that perhaps my days of dental phobia are behind me. I now see Tassos once a year and I always look forward to it. I am not saying that there is no one else out there with Tassos skills and accolades but I can guarantee you that when you are in his hands, you can be pretty confident on what to expect.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

This review has been in the works for over 2 years! But life gets in the way as it always does. And speaking of Life, Dr. Irinakis changed mine in the most profound way! I always thought that my smile was "what it was" and had accepted it. Then my wonderful dentist suggested that he refers me to a Periodontist to cover "my roots", which I didn't realize how exposed they were. When the work was all said and done and I looked at the "before vs after" photos , I was in tears of joy. Dr. Irinakis you gave me the most amazing gift anyone could ask for: a Confident and Beautiful Smile!!! Thank you always! (My husband says Thanks too!)

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

Dr. Irinakis and his staff have truly gone the extra mile to provide their patients with a comfortable visit. From Netflix movies to music to a happy working environment. It really is a pleasant experience. He also showed me photos of my teeth and went through my CT scan in detail to help me understand why his recommendations were suggested and what ALL my other options were. I really felt fully informed and comfortable in my decision to proceed. So far every visit has been better than the one before and I feel I am almost making new friends at his office. I joke around with his staff and he is also a very open and friendly gentleman. Truly enjoyable visits every time! And since I do not have the same level of understanding on what's going on like a dentist would, I will take my dentist's word that Dr. Irinakis' quality of work is unsurpassed and most respected in this province

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

I moved to Comox not that long ago. I had a difficult time finding a dentist I trusted and felt comfortable with. Once I did, i was referred to Dr. Irinakis to assess my recession and offer some options. I have been extremely satisfied with the high level of care I have received in his office, the inviting staff and sense of community. From my very first appointment, Dr. Irinakis did a complete oral health assessment and explained in detail to me an overall implant health plan that was customized specifically to my needs. I felt that he did not just see me as a run of the mill patient but that he took interest in providing ME with the best possible customized plan. I cannot say that cutting my gums was a favourite past time of mine but he was quick, precise and fully informed me of what to expect in terms of discomfort and results. And did he ever deliver!! My recessions are gone! Teeth now have new gums and look beatiful and Normal again! I would go back for treatment in a heart beat should there be again a need for care at the hands of Dr. Irinakis. I highly recommend his office Vancouver Island Periodontics .

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

I have had the privilege to meet Dr Irinakis and benefit from his expertise, not too long ago. I live half the year in Europe. I have access to some of the best European implant specialists and yet dentist friends of mine had spoken to me about Dr Irinakis after they heard him give a lecture at an international conference in the States. Given that I reside in Canada the rest of the year I knew it was worth it for me to visit his practice and seek his opinion on my case. Tassos is an eloquent gentleman with a confidence that comes from years of teaching and personal success. I immediately knew I had come to the right place. He spent over an hour with me at my initial visit and we went through my CatScan in detail. It was obvious that I was not an easy situation but he assured me that he would do everything in his power to bring a successful conclusion to my treatment. He did not give me any BS and spoke to me in clear terms. He provided me his personal email so we could communicate as I travel for business extensively. My implants are now completed and restored by me dentist in the UK. this was by far one of the best professional and health related experiences I have ever had. Thank you Tassos. You are a Star in your field!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

A true wizard on implants and dentistry. I don't need to say much more other than if you are planning on spending thousands of dollars on your implants then you deserve at the least a 2nd opinion. That is how I met Dr Irinakis and never looked back.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I would like to report my most recent experience at Dr. Irinakis office. I had an emergency and I was in terrible pain. My dentist told me that I need to see Dr. Irinakis to address my problem. Dr. Irinakis was fully booked and he had commitments with his children as I found out later. And yet after my dentist spoke to him, he went out of his way to reschedule his day and still see me in the end. The pain was gone that same day and the experience at his office was simply superb. Everyone was friendly, compassionate, and very caring. I don't need to go on and on about his skills, personality, character. I feel that this simple description of my experience shows what he stands for. He is committed to his patients and to his profession. He is like no other.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

I am writing this review as a result of how Dr Irinakis addressed an emergency of my sister. Horrible car accident that led to multiple facial surgeries and eventually we needed the services of a periodontist to address my sister's implant and gum recession concerns. I was surprised of Dr Irinakis' patience with my sister and his evident empathy. You don't get that nowadays from doctors. My sister ended up developing severe phobias with all doctors and yet Dr Irinakis spent as much time as was needed to allow her to become comfortable and relaxed I his presence. He introduced her to more specialists and coordinated a Team approach to her oral problems. The overall experience and the end result was astonishing and beautiful. all specialists that Dr Irinakis recommended were fabulous and you could tell how high a regard they held him. His peers raved about him openly. My sister and I are grateful for the opportunity and privilege to b treated by someone of Dr Irinakis' caliber.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I have been dealing with dentists my whole adult life and Dr Irinakis is at the Top for a reason. It's simple really: he makes you feel absolutely Confident in him and his skill set. And he is so humble about it. Cream of the Crop!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr Irinakis is a masterful clinician and an artist in his field. I'm a dental technician who had my implants placed by Tassos and I can tell you that his results are absolutely divine. Beautiful gum and bone work with excellent positioning, allowing my crowns to look truly natural. Bravo Tassos.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology