Dr. Tassos Irinakis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tassos Irinakis

Very professional dental office. Big city quality and punctuality brought to our valley. Human touch maintained. Felt appreciated and respected. Thank you to everyone who has interacted with me and my husband from your clinic.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

What a fantastic dental office. Best I've been in by far. I always gauge my dental and medical experiences to a significant extent based on how happy the staff seem. And boy does everyone seem happy in Dr. Irinakis' office ! The receptionists did an amazing job in checking my insurance coverage and emailed me the moment they heard back from my insurance. They answered all questions and were always available either by phone or email. Dr. Irinakis contacted me himself when my questions to his staff became more detailed. Essentially, you can see the elements of a great team in his office. So regardless of the successful dental work I had, I can also state that the calm , happy and friendly environment I identified during my first visit at his office continued without interruption through all my visits over the last two years.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

i only found out aboit Dr Irinakis after my dentist sent me to another periodontist and i started searching online. he came with raving reviews , which means hes not only great with people but also gives them a satisfying reault in the end. but what clinched the deal for me were all the great comments and reviews from his actual peers. now THAT is the kind of review you want as a profesional. the rest was history. fantastic results as advertised and as expecred.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I have been going for years to a different Periodontist (for cleanings ) but he retired so my dentist referred me to Dr. Irinakis . It has been a great transition. Truly seamless. My level of comfort was not disturbed at all. I’m in my golden years now and continue to be treated like I always was from my previous Periodontist . Thank you Dr. Irinakis and staff for taking good care of me and making me feel welcome to my new dental family.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

Had a great time at this office. Dr Irinakis always managed to put a smile on my grumpy face ( I mean I’m visiting a dentist, right? ) and time flew with him. The assistants were engaging and sweet. Parking available underground but it was expensive. Oh well! The end result was certainly worth it.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Dr. Irinakis is a phenomenal periodontist. His staff is simply great and truly believe in getting to know you. They take care of the patients and make them feel at ease. I've felt the same thing from his hygienists as well over the years. I just had a recent -once again- exceptional experience and decided it was time to share the love on the internet. Thank you all at Dr. Irinakis practice for taking such good care of me.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

Most of you know how difficult it can be to find a reliable and trustworthy doctor, let alone dentist. But I have never stopped recommending Dr. Irinakis to my colleagues, friends and family ever since my implants and smile enhancement with him. HE's a top level caring periodontist and consistently delivers his treatment with a gigantic smile and positive attitude. How could I not recommend him again and again....?

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

Very down to earth doc. Goes above and beyond to help out his patients. he actually worked on a saturday for me just to accommodate my impossible schedule and his upcoming holidays. How cool is that? Dr. Irinakis CARES and it shows in every visit I had in his office. Thank you Dr. I. You are great!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

I take excellent care of my teeth.....and body and mind. I am what you'd call a model patient. You'd love to have me as your client or patient or working partner. But despite of my efforts, my teeth have not been cooperating with my efforts. I have become a dental regular. Got to know the business quite well over my life time and have experienced the work of several dentists and dental specialists. When I moved to Comox I had to experience another change yet again. I was lucky to meet a lovely general dentist who then referred me to Dr. irinakis. Apparently...i needed implants! From the first visit I knew I would be in wonderful company. His staff is so friendly and everyone had a smile on their face all day long. Dr. Irinakis himself insisted I just call him Tasso (which i reluctantly did) and praised me for my care with me teeth regardless of the opinion I had for myself and my dental situation. We spent a full hour talking about solutions and expectations. I have NEVER received such detailed explanations from a dentist or doctor before. Never! We had an xray 3D scan taken and i was able to see why I needed the treatment he was suggesting. The funny part is that I never felt pushed toward implants. On the contrary, he explained why I could consider other options as well but my new dentist and i had reached the decision that implants would serve me best in the long run. Was my treatment expensive? yes! but not ridiculously so. Quite less than what I expected to be honest from previous experiences. And the outcome made it so worth it. I recommend without any doubt Dr. Irinakis, his lovely staff, his beautiful office and the unlimited free parking!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

I recently discovered a “crack” in my root or more accurately my hygienist did. So she referred me to Dr. Irinakis for extraction and an implant. I can tell you i was in shock and thankfully my dentist walked in and calmed me down to explain what is going on in more detail and what my options were. the referral still took place and Dr. Irinakis was wonderful. Great people working there with him too. The coffee was warm and tasty. The office is new and ultra modern. I'm convinced this is the right move for me and I am looking forward to fix my smile again.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Dr. Tassos Irinakis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tassos Irinakis DDS, MSc, Dip.Perio, FRCD(C) is a Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive Implant Patient Care & in Implant Education for Dental Professionals. He serves the community in various positions, such as his private practice specializing in Implant & Periodontal care in Vancouver & Courtenay (BC) on Vancouver Island. He served as the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) from 2005-2014 and has been on Faculty since 2002. He currently continues to offer his expertise in the Faculty of Dentistry as a Clinical Associate Professor. He has been honored as an International Faculty member of the prestigious "PAADI" Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Prince AbdulRahman Advance Dental Institute) , where he taught for several years graduate residents and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom. He is the Founder & Director of I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries, which is dedicated to teaching dental professionals every aspect of Implant Dentistry, Bone Grafting and Periodontal Surgery. He is the Founder & Director of the exclusive multi-disciplinary "Vancouver Study Club", which is the Vancouver Chapter of the world renowned SEATTLE STUDY CLUB. Members can join by "invitation only" in this particular study club. He is the Founder & Director of the exciting new "Vancouver Implant Study Club", which is committed to the advancement of all implant related education for all levels of dentists (from novice to experienced). Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology with the "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics and most recently the "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics. He serves the Academy as a Reviewer for the prestigious "Journal of Periodontology" and is a Member of the Editorial Advisory Board for the "Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry". He is also a Reviewer for the "Oral Surgery Journal". In addition, Dr. Irinakis has published several articles in peer reviewed journals on Implants and Bone Grafting. Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences & hands-on courses for dental professionals nationally and internationally.

• English
  • Greek

• Dental implant surgery
  • Periodontitis

• "2010 Educator Award" for Excellence in Teaching & Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology
  • "2005 Educator Award" for Outstanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics by the American Academy of Periodontology

Request an Appointment