Ratings for Dr. Steven G. English

I would have to agree with the previous rating on Dr. English, he wasn't nearly that rude to me but he has no bedside manner, he's blunt, interrupts while you're asking questions and spent maybe 45 seconds with me. I'm not why he's working in such a nice hospital, doubtless he's an intelligent and gifted man but he should be a research doctor, he doesn't have any right to be dealing with patients on a one to one basis.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

I had an absolutely horrific experience with Dr. English in 2010 at Jewish Hospital. I had been cut off my medication through no fault of my own and was experiencing some pretty frightening symptoms, this was not a pain medication! At any rate, Dr. English came storming into the room and absolutely berated me for not having enough medication, I felt like I was being punished by my father for stealing! Had I not been so out of it, things might not have turned out too well for Dr. English that day, lets just say I am glad I was sick. He did NO examination, I believe the nurse (who was nice) may have taken my BP but that was it. Before I went in, I thought I was in danger of having a seizure with a BP of 200/140, I was certainly in danger. At any rate, adding insult to injury this so-called doctor gave me a script for 4 pills. He didn't do it to be helpful, knowing full well that I would be paying 15 bucks for 4 pills that wouldn't last me more than 24 hours. Nasty, nasty man.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr. Steven G. English's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1991)