Ratings for Dr. Jane Hosdil

I've been a patient of Dr. Hosdil now for over 25 years and I think she is wonderful. She always listens to me and never 'rushes' my appointment when I need to 'talk'. She has helped me with so many health issues whether it was mental health, when I lost a baby or my physical health, when I injured my back. She always has time for 'me' as a patient and as a person. Her receptionist (judy) is amazing, she knows me when I call and she always listens to me and has made me feel better if I'm having a melt down because of my back injury. Her nurse (Doreen) is fantastic too, she knows me and about my medical health and she takes time for me too. I'll miss Dr. Hosdil so much when she retires....she's like 'family'.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Well what more can be said about Dr. Hosdil...She is ready to retire and well deserved...I think over all she does a great job but she has this one person working for her that is absolutely in the wrong profession she is the worst reception/nurse I have ever met in my life..rude, never smiles, gives a big sigh if you take more than 3 seconds to get sopmething from pocket...Jane you should fire her..b-4 you go

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

If I could find another doctor I would. She is incompetent and negligent. Her negligence nearly cost my mother her life. She couldn't be less thorough and you have to give her the diagnosis. She doesn't ask questions and doesn't perform tests that other doctors would order on a routine basis.I'm hoping that new doctors will arrive when the new clinic is finished. It is time she retires. The staff is rude and unhelpful. She is usually 30 minutes or more late for every appointment.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

I've been going to dr.hosdil my entire life and i'm 21 now but i find it takes way too long to book an appointment i had to wait a month! And the rewceptionist seriously needs a vacation shes quite stuck up, she has always been helpful but i find things are not running as smoothly as they once were

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

I have seen Dr.Hosdil for years,like 30+ years. She has cared for the rest of my extended family also.Although her staff is pretty much useless, she is an amazing compassionate doctor. I will surely miss her when she retires.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

She has been my doctor for 36 years,i usually get in and out in a timely manner.She's been keep me on track with my diabetes and other ailments that have come along.I'm not sure what will happen when she retires,some of her stand ins have not been of her quality!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

Dr. Jane Hosdil saved my life...twice. She has always treated me with dignity and compassion. She is never afraid to provide a referral to a specialist. She listens. She knows my problems and is on top of any research in those areas. She was supposed to retire but has stayed on to serve her patients; that is true dedication. Before I went to her, I was taking hundreds of narcotics each month for migraine. Now, I have stopped taking ALL of those pills. This is directly through her help and support. She knows that relapse is part of recovery and doesn't hold your past against you. I have new medical problems and she continues to help me and support me. I'm SO grateful for her care. She even has evening appointments for those who work. She is cutting her hours now but she's gone above and beyond the call of duty. Anyone who gives her a less than excellent score hasn't been communicating with her effectively. She is the best of the best.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2009

Dr. Hosdil has been our family doctor since 1970, and we have always, always been treated with courtesy and respect, unlike some specialists. My sons are now adults, and continue to prefer her warm, caring persona. My husband refuses to see anyone else, unless an emergency exists. She has always followed through on all test results, and the many calls to make sure we all understand what is the problem, what is required and if a specialist is needed, then that is arranged as sooon as possible. Yes, Dr. Hosdil is an older doctor, but one who knows her areas of expertise, and she knows when to get specialists involved, for which I am very thankful. She is doing her best to find other doctors to fill in while she cuts back on her hours, but we understand that, and appreciate the fact that she is not giving up her practice on retirement until she has found the perfect replacement. She has a huge practice, which strains the office staff, who are always pleasant, caring and do the best they can.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

I have been going to Dr Hosdil for over 20 years but mainly because it is so difficult to find another dr in this region. I find her very old school and her bedside manner could use some improvement. She did not follow up on some tests that she'd ordered for me until I made a follow-up appt myself and then it was obvious that she'd never bothered to look at the results until I was sitting there with her. I find getting an appt to fit with my schedule can be a nightmare but I have never waited an excessive amount of time in the office when I do have an appt. Also, Dr Hosdil was considerate enough to fill out a form while I waited so I would not have to make another out-of-town trip to go back and get it. Overall, I am more disappointed than happy with this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

Dr. Hosdil, in my opinion, is incompetent. Staff is less than courteous at most times and Dr. Hosdil rarely has office hours any more which makes it difficult to see her when you need her to be available. She is very "old" in her ways and thinking and very slow to act on medical tests and information. A medical x-ray test that was conducted on December 5th, 2007, and which was submitted to her within 45 minutes by the doctor who performed it because of the seriousness of the results, was only acted on by her on January 3, 2008 (today) in the form of a referral to a surgical doctor, despite repeatedly being told of the intensity of my pain. She has not had an appointment with me to tell me what was found on the x-rays, so I am going to a surgical doctor without even knowing what it is that is wrong with me. Dr. Hosdil needs to retire, and while there are no doctors taking on new patients in the City of Guelph, I need to find one somewhere who can act like a real Physician.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2008