Ratings for Dr. Barry Polansky

Be careful with this dentist because he will sue you if you miss an appointment and have an outstanding dental bill. I was his patient for over 3 years. I agree with some of the comments that Dr. Polansky is arrogant and sometimes can be inappropriate with his jokes. I recently missed an appointment and then a week later I received a summons to report to small claims court because Dr. Barry Polansky was suing me for an outstanding bill of a little over $600. I paid the money prior to the court hearing but when I asked for my original records I was told that I could only receive a copy. I explained to the receptionist that I would not be seeing Dr. Polansky for dental services any longer, response was, "ok" with no care to keep me as a patient who is paying out of pocket. I contacted the courts about obtaining my original records and was informed I would have to file a counter claim, pay $42 and request that the judge order Dr. Polansky to release my original records. I would not recommend this dentist to anyone .

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I am the owner of the temp agency who sent "the temp" to work for Dr. Polansky. This comment was totally out of line. I have known Dr. Polansky for 30 years and have the greatest respect for him and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

I temped for this Dr. He is a real jerk to work for. Never met such an ignorant Dr.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Future Patients; As a Dentist myself I feel that is my duty to warn any future, and current patients of D. Polansky how incompetent he is. He was an acquaintance of mine for many years, he is a very nice man and very well read, and I believe that he should give up clinical dentistry, and never touch a patient again. Between him and his son who runs Niche Lab which is in the same office as his they produce the most substandard work I have ever seen. I recently had two crowns done that were so bad that they had to be done over Four times for Two simple restorations, which by the way have caused extensive damage to my mouth. I have had them both removed and am going to another Dentist to redo them. I would avoid him at all costs, and if you don't believe me, look at his teeth, and if you want chicklets like that, good luck!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr Poiansky is a good at reducing the pain related to being at the Dentist. When I had a emergency problem I could only reach the dental assistant who was not helpful. Dr. Polansky was good at preparing my mouth for dentures but the dentures I was given were useless. I let Dr. Polansky try to fix my dentures and was told they fit. Even with adheasive to help them stay in they would fall out and they made me gag which I told him. My dentures made it impossible for me to eat anything besides soft food and are too uncomfortable to wear. I did not wear them and was left with no teeth.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

Great dentist. Top of his profession. Continues to spend time in continuing education.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Used the finest labs -- work was superior to any I have seen--not those same old chiclets

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

Very narrow minded-if his treatment isn't working then he thinks there's something wrong with you. Doesn't truly listen to the patient or look at health in a holistic way. Very arrogant bed side manner.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007