Ratings for Dr. Susan Irwin

She has been our doctor since she started at this practice (we were patients of a previous doctor and got her by default). The nurses are nice enough but the front desk staff are often rude. Dr. Irwin orders many tests and refers for almost any concern. Does she not trust herself or just looking for someone else to solve her patients problems? Very difficult to get an appointment because she is only there 2.5 days a week. When you have an appointment she will only address one issue--does she not realize the human body is a system? It all works together! A member of my family went in 1.5 yrs ago for some concerns and those still have not been addressed! If it were easier to get a family doctor in this area, we would definitely change to another office.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

We've been with Dr. Irwin for over 10 years and for the most part she is kind and thoughtful. She is well connected and refers to the best specialists for more specific care. She often orders a LOT of unnecessary tests, that lead nowhere. She doesn't use her knowledge to make the best treatment choices, and rather follows the ever-changing Canadian standards to the letter. Her staff however is absolutely atrocious. Her secretary leaves the desk when patients walk in to gripe with coworkers, leaving you in an empty waiting room while she gossips. Her nurses are almost always short tempered and rude. And the phone interaction with reception and nurses is about as unpleasant as it gets.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. Irwin is extremely professional and knowledgeable. I have had many various health issues and she has helped with each of them. I was recently diagnosed with a rare auto-immune disease which she referred me to the specialist who figured it out. Without her help, I'd still be wondering what was wrong with me. I feel very fortunate and blessed to have her as my GP.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr. Irwin is resourceful, supportive, accessible, and engaged at all of my office visits. She is highly professional in keeping current, and "walking the talk" of health care - setting preventive health goals, and monitoring for early intervention.She is interested in accommodating client preferences where appropriate. I feel very fortunate to have her as my health care practiitoner!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr. Susan Irwin is approachable, knowledgeable and very professional. She is also excellent on follow-ups and referrals to specialists, when needed. My wife and I are happy that she is our primary doctor.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

Dr Irwin has been our doctor for over 10 years now and was HUGE in helping us have our son! She may run late for appointments, but I NEVER feel rushed during my time. She is extremly knowledgeable and concerned and refers us whenever needed and deemed necessary. I think the clinic is one of the best in the region. Although some of the other doctors have not been overly friendly when we've had to see them. Dr Irwin has even called our home over the weekend to follow up . She is awesome. NOW, the front end staff definitely needs some work with how to be friendly! That seems to be the case at MANY doctor's office's unfortunately. Is it a prerequisite?

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

Dr. Irwin is an amazing doctor. She really cares about patients and the family. Calls house to give results for test, listens to concerns and shows genuine interest in health. I tell everyone our family has the best doctor out there. Have been patients for 11 years now. Is great with kids, and not afraid to get tests done, or inquire information from others to provide the best care.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

Dr Irwin is a very good doctor and has helped me a lot. Once, I had a sore knee from walking on a treadmill, and she showed me an exercise that fixed my knee so I could continue exercising.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

The secretary can be less than helpful & very short tempered. A patient is inconveniencing her. The doctor is always referring you to some one else often without knowledge as to the qualifications of that person you are being referred to. Don't THINK of asking about a second difficulty - "you need to make another appointment". Often cancels appointments. Family seems to be causing interferance. Go with a problem but rather than clearing the difficulty up she's referring you for tests & your original problem is never again referred to unless you keep bringing the problem up in appointments to follow. Rather than prescribing medication is there not an alternative???

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

Although her knowledge is good, I have found she is quite late at commencing an appointment (have had to wait 40 minutes plus prior to seeing her). Throughout an appointment I feel very rushed and am encouraged to "Book another appointment" if multiple concerns arise. At times the concern I have may not be acknowledged until several appointments after the fact.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010