Ratings for Dr. Lloyd A. Youngblood

Dr. Youngblood did my neck surgery in 2001. Great job. I would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

It's rather difficult to rate someone that is so grossly incompetent. Ask around! Im not the only one he's put in a wheelchair. He has no business practicing medicine anywhere on anyone. If I could I'd rate him at below zero!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

He is a very knowledgable and I would highly recommend him! You do have to wait a while for your appointments but he is worth it!!! I have not seem him for a few years but.. He did my brain surgery and is a great surgeon!!! I looked him up because I may have to have surgery on a herniated disk in my neck and I want to have the best of course!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Dr Youngblood performed surgery on my in 2001 on my lower back due to Degenerative Disease. My life has never been the same. And I dont mean in a good way. Appt's are extremely LATE...didnt get home one night until AFTER 1am! Supposed to have fixed lower back instead I am 100% disabled now. I rate this dr as I lay in my "at home" hosiptal bed that I am fortunate enough that medicare helps in this way. I now have a "FAILED BACK" surgery as well as DAMAGED nerves to one of my legs (this occured DURING the surgery he performed on me). THIS IS MY LIFE! I seriously advise any person thinking about having surgery with this DR. to ask around. Ask Nurses at different hospitals. Be smart and check him or ANY doctor really good before you allow them to touch you. Dr. Youngblood, all I wanted from you was an apology...you wouldnt even do that.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

Never waited less than 4.5 hrs for an appt. (usually the wait was much longer, but I never waited more than 4.5 hrs). The post op appt had to be rescheduled 3 times due to length of wait and my inability to wait for hours. When it finally occurred I had to wait about 3 hrs and the appt lasted maybe 10 mins with him doing most of the talking. Dr. Youngblood messed up my surgery. After 9 years my neck is still extremely sensitive and that side of my neck completely droops (other side is normal with firm muscle control). Also, my pain was partially relieved for only 7 months, but is now worse with the addition of my neck discomfort which never healed and is still very sensitive to the touch. Would I recommend him? NEVER! I appeal to all to please look for another neurosurgeon. I actually wish I had sued him for malpractice.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

Dr. Youngblood is a world-renowned neurosurgeon and anyone lucky enough to get him is fortunate. His staff is efficient, but somewhat pushy and demanding. He is always behind on his appointments BECAUSE he spends as much time with his patients as it takes to understand their needs and they to understand what he suggests. I found Dr. Youngblood to be extremely helpful and as knowledgeable as anyone I have ever met in his or her career. I was operated on at approximately 10:00AM to repair and fuse C-6 and C-7. At 11:00 PM that night, Dr. Youngblood paid me a visit to see how I was doing and did some basic testing. He was in my room the next morning at 9:00 AM and continued to follow up for the three or four days I was at the hospital. Dr. Youngblood is a dedicated and excellent person and neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Takes on too many patients. He lets his nurse handle too much. Appointment at 4:30p.m. and not seen till 9:45 p.m. post surgery. Visits were with nurse post surgery 4 vertabrae fused, not able to see him till 4 months post surgery. I remain with no improvement.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

The person before me who rated Dr. Youngblood di d not give him a chance due to his tardiness. I can certainly understand that he was in a hurry and pressed for time and feel terrible that the patient felt like he was rushing them. I have been a patient of his for a very long time, i have a terrible spine and have had 3 surgeries by him. I can honestly say that he is very attentative to a patients every needs, he is very thorough and explains all X-ray, MRI, etc, in detail. When you leave his office there is no question as to what your problem is and what he is proposing whether it be conservative treatment or surgery. Yes he is late getting to appointments, but you must consider that he is one of the top Neurosurgeons in the country, patient come from all over the world to see him,. you will never hear him brag that he has many celebrity patients. He is ins sx every day of the wk and gets called to do emergency cases all the time. I do not mind waiting to see him.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

He was 2 hours late and overbooked plus that day he was at the hospital first in the morning. He should not book appointments in morning when he has operations scheduled that day. He was in such a hurry to make up for lost time it seemed all he wanted to do was rush to get me out of his office.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2005

Dr. Lloyd A. Youngblood's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1973)

AARP