Ratings for Dr. Gabriel Wong

horrible service. they never answer their phone. Very unprofessional, extremely difficult to get a hold of in cases of urgency.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Dr Wong is the worsr doctor i ever had in my life. Hes judgemental doesn't listen to you always pushes his own and pinion on to you refuses to send you to specialist. He was good in the beginning threw the yrars has been very bad. Told me i had a virus just had to wait it out i end up in emerg and was in hosp for days. He should have his license taken away. Doesnt believe in abortions and will judge u harshly if you do.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

If you're pregnant, do not bother to seek medical care from him. Like others have said, he's condescending. He has also been my family doctor since I was a child. I came for two prenatal appointments in February and was left having more anxiety and unanswered questions due to his manner. I requested a referral in Durham Region for an OB-GYN at my last appointment in February. He's been aware that we want to give birth in Ajax since we are moving back to the area from the very FIRST appointment. I was able to obtain a mount Sinai referral, but was told by him that if I were to go there, I cannot switch OB-GYN. But then received a call after my second appointment in February from his receptionist that the referral will be made for Durham region and I can still attend the mount Sinai referral but will get all the paperwork transferred to new OB-GYN. I was told it would take at least 4 weeks for the referral to be processed. It's now March, I contacted reception yesterday asking for an update. My contact information was taken and was told I'd receive a call back for the update. No call back, so I called once again today regarding the status. I find out the referral was not prepared!! I would have to wait another month to get this supposed referral in Durham region. There was absolutely no point of the conversations and appointments in February since he could not even follow through with the referral despite listening to his input. I'm truly disappointed and frustrated at this point.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

I'm a newer patient of Dr. Wong (been seeing him for five years now) and he is always professional, patient, and helpful. His bedside manner is very pleasant, particularly with children to help them feel at ease during check-ups.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

He's a terrible doctor, he's not even a good person. He doesn't care about his patients, he only cares about himself and how much money he can make in a day.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

i have been going to him since i was 8 years old and he is not that great....he tells me to go pray when i tell him about my depression and just gives me medication to numb how i feel...he is not great with people either and is horrible to old people!!! i am 22 years old and he gets so frustrated with my grandma who has dimensia...i yelled at him last time for telling her to stop repeating herself...the lady has dimensia!!! that is what they do! i am hoping i can find a new family doctor but since they are so limited i will have a tough time :(

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Judgmental & condescending. I'm truly disappointed with how his care has declined. Despite having an appointment and arriving on time, it's still a 40 minute wait. He now lacks empathy and when asking simple questions, he chooses to degrade you. He's more interested in your personal life rather than actual health issues/ concerns. I'm actively looking for a new family doctor due to the terrible treatment I received.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Excellent, Kind, Patient, Knowledgeable, Exceptional!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Phone always busy. Some try for hours. I believe the staff must take the phone off the hook - perhaps by instructions from the GP. Disappointing, and hard to get a good family doctor in Ajax.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Certainly not the doctor he used to be. Doesn't listen or believe what you tell him. It's definitely time to find a new doctor!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Dr. Gabriel Wong's Credentials

• University of Toronto

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.