Ratings for Dr. Carmine Simone

You are an unbelievable doctor and surgeon. Thank you for being so kind to my dad who passed away from his gastric cancer yesterday. My dad truly respected you and raved about how knowledgeable you were to everyone. We were lucky to have had you operate on him and give us an extra four years of his life. Thank you for being so good at your job!! Truly there isn’t anyone else we could trust more.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Dr. Simone is an Amazing Dr. He is very kind, compassionate and very professional. I owe this man a whole lot of gratitude for explaining to me things that Dr. Google would otherwise made me lose my mind. Thank you Dr. Simone!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Just excellent care. I am alive and healthy and recovering beautifully. I owe so much to his man!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Caring & compassionate doctor, a dedicated professional who puts patients first. Takes time with his patients to explain health details in clear and easy to understand way. Excellent follow-up, he really cares about his patients. I have recommended family and friends to see Dr Simone for various reasons and he is always willing to help, or refers to other doctors with relevant expertise. He's a gem!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I had the good fortune of being taken to the emergency department of Toronto East General Hospital (Michael Garron Hospital) when I found myself in severe respiratory distress in November of 2016. Dr. Carmine Simone literally saved my life by performing a procedure on me that drained an infection that had spread from the space outside/around my lungs to inside my lungs, causing me to have pneumonia. I couldn't breathe but for what felt like the top inch or so of my lungs. I have only since found out that this hospital is considered the top respiratory care facility in the province of Ontario! From the emergency room doctors (I never did get their names or thank them) who insisted I stay for more tests rather than go home with anti-biotics, to the medical staff on H7 after I was admitted - Dr. Bain and Dr. Fraser - and the other doctors on Dr. Bain's team that I can't remember the names of, I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude. I have a long history of panic attacks and these doctors were able to recognize and work through my state of panic with kind reassurance throughout my entire stay at the hospital.

Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Simone is an a great doctor and surgeon. He was friendly, helpful and informative when I went to see him about surgery. He explained and answered all questions throughly. His staff are great as well, polite and help. answer questions when Dr. Simone was with other patients. Even after post-surgery he didn't rush. He took the time to checkup and answer any questions. Thank you Dr. Simone and your staff!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Dr. Simone is without a tremendous skillful surgeon. His bedside manner is extraordinary,very caring and compassionate. He truly is one of a kind and I would highly recommend him. Without his skill and dedication as a surgeon, there is no doubt that I would not have lived as long without his intervention.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

We are really pleased to have my husband treated by Dr. Simone who did all the tests & was able to diagnose his case as Thymoma. His fear of Cancer has been relieved quickly. My husband knew that he was in good hands at his first meeting with Dr. Simone. Dr. Simone, his team and the secretary including the nurses at the ICU are all very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The surgery went well, my husband is home after 5 days. We are fortunate to have such a good doctor here.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

I went to see Dr. Simone for removal of a mediastinal mass on my thymus and treatment of a plural effusion on my lung. He was absolutely fantastic both with the information he provided me with as well as the procedures he performed. (Both of which were a success) He answered all my questions and did so with compassion and understanding. Post operative care was even more impressive as he went above and beyond what most doctors would do to ensure my recovery was progressing well. He has a great sense of humour, his assistant is extremely pleasant and polite and he is by far the most impressive doctor I've ever met and i would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2013

Dr. Simone is the most dedicated doctor we have ever known. When he was treating my husband, it was clear he was very capable, but, more importantly, he showed so much humanity and caring. He answered all questions and predicted them before we even asked at times. He has a fabulous bedside manner and a great sense of humor which puts the patient at great ease. We are very fortunate to have such a competent professional in our city. It is clear also that he's a leader who is respected as his staff speak very highly of him and work so happily with him. Thanks, Dr. Simone!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013