Ratings for Dr. Ronald F. Lopez

My family has been going to Dr. Lopez since we arrived in Utah 9 years ago. Never even a thought of going anywhere else. He discovered my wife's Multiple Sclerosis when the knucklehead neurologist she was seeing couldn't diagnose it. He found prostate cancer in me when I don't have a family history of it simply because he's very thorough in check-ups and physicals. Beyond a doubt, he saved my life with that one because the DRE was normal but, because he cared enough to do a PSA every year despite me being younger than the normal window, he did the PSA test with my blood sample and we were able to see a year over year increase in PSA results. Even the pathologist write in his report that, had I waited even 6 months for the surgery, my results would have been very different. I have sent several people to Dr. Lopez, many of which were tired of their doctors not diagnosing problems or recommending proper treatments, and they've all been very happy with him and now have him as their GP. The laptop thing is difficult but his records are superb and when you go back to him, he knows your entire history because it's all right there. I appreciate that in a doctor WAY MORE than when you have to recite your history every time you walk in the door.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Misdiagnose, lack of concern, lack of follow through, doesn't return calls, Can't get procedure done that needs to be done. Going to have to find another family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Lopez does not interact with you as a patient. He simply types on his computer, makes eye contact once or twice, and leaves. He did not examine or provide insight into the matter for which I saw him, and could not spend more than 5 minutes with me.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

I agree that Dr Lopez has no bedside manner. He barely makes eye contact, and seems uninterested in the conversation. I've seen him a few times because I kept forgetting to find somebody else in between illnesses, and he spends the entire time on his laptop which seems impersonal. I realize he wants to put the info into the computer right away, but I've never had another doctor do it this way. I found him to be knowledgeable, but cold and removed. I even tried making a couple of jokes to lighten what I found to be an uncomfortable vibe in the room, and he has no sense of humor. Don't expect any warmth or even the tiniest amount of small talk. He isn't there to get to know you at all, and he isn't going to pretend like he is.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr. Lopez is a kind caring physician. He does type on his computer and when I asked him why he does it it explained to me that everything is done electronically and he wants to note all of my concerns in my chart. I know that he gives me and my family excellent and thorough care. I gladly recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Dr. Lopez has no bedside manner. I score him a 2 on Knowledge and Helpfulness because of this. On my last visit, I needed only to have him renew my scrips. I asked if he could also check my ears because I was afraid I had an infection, and he became defensive and said I should make a second appointment for that. He never looks directly at me, just types away at the computer. I have bad back problems, and when it was time for me to sit up on the exam table he walked out the door and didn't even offer a hand to help me sit up. He may have basic medical knowledge, but it is impossible for me to trust a doctor who doesn't feel he needs to treat me like a human being.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

Dr. Lopez is greedy. We have one well care visit per year on our high deductible plan and he would not do my well care visit AND review for my depression medication in the same visit. So I'm out of my medication, experiencing heavy withdrawals, and he does not care. Just wants to get paid for two visits, and I can't afford the $300 dollar medication let alone the 2nd office visit too. Finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

He's been my doctor for almost a year. I've never felt rushed, and he always takes the time out to help me with anything I bring to his attention during an office visit, even if I'm running late. Yes, he does type a lot on his laptop, but it's obvious that he's just transcribing as complete a medical record as possible, and he doesn't hesitate to both converse with you and listen to you. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

Over the past 2 years Dr Lopez has been dr. I feel like he doesnt listen to my concerns. Symptoms that I had described he brushed off, barely looked at me and spent the entire visit clicking away on his laptop. I was very unhappy on my last visit, and will not return. I need a doctor who listens to me and LOOKS at me while I am there. I feel he has zero interest in helping me, and just wants to get me out the door. Dont bother going to see him.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

As a new resident in Draper I was seeking a Family Practitioner for myself and my children. Dr. Lopez is competent, friendly and knowledgable. He takes the time to actually LISTEN to his patients, and not jump to conclusions. Along with two other medical doctors there, and thier nurses and staff, they have a great private practice going on. I highly recommend these people.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

Dr. Ronald F. Lopez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

MSP/BC Med