Ratings for Dr. Answorth A. Allen

Dr. Allen is a great doctor and I could not have been happier with his care and with the outcome of my surgery (acl)

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

Avoid. I had surgery with him and something went very wrong. I became completely incapacitated and was suffering horribly. I went to try to get medical treatment and help and was brushed off. I was told everything is fine and I don't have any problems. My condition worsened to the point of it being an emergency. At least it got so bad I was able to figure out the problem myself. Now that I know what's wrong I'm hoping to get treatment and finally get revision surgery to fix it. I don't like leaving negative ratings, but this experience tore my life apart. His nurse also dismissed me multiple times in a quite rude manner. I would have understood something going wrong if he tried to help identify and fix the problem. Doing nothing is something I cannot get over.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

I will be honest - I picked Dr Allen to perform my ACL reconstruction in Oct 2014 because he is the Dr for the Knicks....but I was very impressed. He answered all of my questions, he seemed to care about my recovery, he was always on time. The only knock was that he did not see me in the recovery room but he did call the next day. I would refer him to others. Also, his staff was great - I think her name was Amy - a PA - was awesome.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Dr Allen did ACL surgery on both my 20 year old daughter and myself (52 yrs old) this time last year after we blew out ACL's skiing in Wyoming......I am delighted to say that we just got back from a week skiing again in Wyoming and our knees could not have felt better. Dr Allen did a great job and we highly recommend him !!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Not a good doctor. I had a simple rotator cuff surgery. The problem was not solved. I had to have another surgery by another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr. Allen is great!! He does have a more clinical approach, but he's not trying to be your friend- he's your surgeon and his bedside manner seemed completely appropriate to me. He's an increbibly smart guy and an amazingly talented surgeon, he has performed 3 surgeries on me and 1 on both my wife and my son & the results have been amazing. Without question I would give him the highest possible recommendation.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Amazing Dr, fantastic staff! I can't say enough good about him! Appointments always on time!! You are never rushed and he spends time explaining everything! One of kind Dr!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

I had a torn labrum, but this guy misdiagnosed it. I suffered for over 2 years because of his misdiagnosis. Avoid.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

Dr. Allen may be a great surgeon but he has an uncaring, disinterested bedside manner. My husband recently had major surgery and was sent home from the hospital with no information about recovery and the Dr. was "too busy" he told us to listen to all of our concerns after we finally got him on the phone (3 days after being discharged. After reading past reviews, it seems that Dr. Allen was not the same in his early career - he seems to have become hardened to his patients over the years. We are shocked and angered at his lack of interest!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Dr. Allen performed shoulder surgery for a torn labrum in '08 for which I left a positive review below. Over the last year I have seen Dr. Allen twice for 2 separate issues on each of my knees. His knowledge and experience with athletes makes him invaluable and still the best orthopedist you can find. His friendly manner and immense knowledge make every visit worthwhile. The staff is extremely punctual and the office (Uniondale and Jamaica) are very efficient. I am more than happy with Dr. Allen and have referred 2 others to him. Both had surgery and are doing great.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Dr. Answorth A. Allen's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Fresh Meadows, NY