You may also like

Rate Dr. Mark Matishak

Dr. Mark Matishak's Ratings

I was a 50 year old female whose job was physically demanding when I ruptured a disk in my neck which caused excruciating pain so that the only comfortable position for me was on my back in bed. I requested a referral to Dr. Matishak and was told I could not get in for at lease 12 months. Because I was popping narcotics like candy I sought help outside of Canada in Germany where within 5 weeks I received 2 artificial disks by Dr. Bertagnoli who taught Dr. Matishak. The day after surgery I was pain free and back to work in 3 weeks. It is now 16 months later and I feel great. It appears however that our medical system and Revenue Canada would rather have a person permanently disabled and on narcotics rather than healthy and back to work. Shame Canada and our medical profession for supporting this behaviour.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2896212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2015

Well here is my story; I had collapsed vertebrae with impingement and was referred to Dr. Matishak ,he told me I was a perfect candidate for the new prodiscL . So I was put on a waiting list for almost a year, in which case now my nerves are permanently damaged from being inpinged for too long. Dr.matishak told my options were rods and screws or the prodiscL or just deal with it!!! He also told me that I wouldn't have any pain or numbness after surgery and I would be able to walk. I was able to walk with some pain for about two months post surgery and then the pain came back with a fury! I phoned the doctor to tell him that it didn't work and I'm I more pain than I was and he said I have to come and see him,so I did and all he could do is give me pills and tell me to wait a little longer. I called back after a few month of waiting in total pain

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2811083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Matishak immediately instilled great confidence in myself, my daughter and my mother. We all knew that I was in extremely capable hands. All the doctors I have subsequently talked to, both socially and professionally, have said I was very lucky to get Dr. Matishak when I arrived at Royal Columbian by ambulance. He never hurries me because he's too busy. He is in fact the easiest man I have ever met to talk to. He always answers all my questions clearly so that I can understand what's going on. Thank you Dr. Matishak. You saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2723666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

Amazing man I feel so fortunate he will be operating on me in 9 months and 14 days. It will be life changing for me and my family. I am anticipating my return to physical fitness and my newest interest kayaking.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2684469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Personable, professional and thorough creating a great sense of confidence in a complex decision process

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2581876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Outstanding experience from beginning to end. Fully informed us of the process all steps of the way. Delivered a seamless surgery (discectomy) transforming spasmodic agony to pain-free normality. Could not have been better.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2562440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I am so pleased to have him as my Doctor he is wonderful. His staff is also the best you will come across. We are so lucky to have a Doctor as his caliber in BC.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2560626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2512124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

After seeing him privately and paying a lot of money he told me to adjust my life to work around my pain. Yet another doctor who seems to think life long pain is acceptable. I do not recommend him at all. I feel completely cheated out of my money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Great Doctor so polite made me feel like a person not a number , thank you for my new life free of pain. I would 100% say Mark is the number 1 surgeon

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1505626].votes_count ]]