Ratings for Dr. David Yip

Great doctor. Surprised of previous comments. Must be from patients he's fired from the practice or fired staff because comments seem far from the truth. Has been bang on for my diagnoses. Also noted that comments are the same as Dr Yip in Edmonton? ? Nice guy and great staff now. Would recommend him if his practice was open.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Not a smart guy, surprised he made it through med school. All he is good for is writing prescriptions - don't go to him unless you already know what is wrong with you because he surely won't. I only ever go see Dr. Yip if I need a prescription.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Been with him 20 plus years. Pleased to be with a new doctor. He had some very important test results of mine on his ipad that were a year old and he only read them when I questioned him. I asked him why his office did not call and he said "we don't live on a farms anymore I have 2500 patients". I wasn't expecting a visit to the farm but a call would have been nice.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

We have been with Dr. David Yip for about 13 years. He has been a very good Dr. He is not quick to give meds. I have always found him to listen and answer all of our questions. He even listens to my very chatty son. He has never rushed us out of an appointment. He is not overly friendly, unless you make the effort. All of his files are on the computer, and have been for years, so he is quick to review your medical history when you are with him. Usually the wait time for appointments is short, and you are in and out in about 30 - 45 mins. Occasionally I have had to wait longer for my appointment, and he has always apologized for the delay. It has to be expected when he is willing to spend the time with people that need it. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

The man is a blithering idiot. He misdiagnosed me more than once and gave me the wrong meds. Once, when I had an appointment, he had left my file at his home! Pretty unprofessional. Also, he has no respect for women. If I went in by myself, he would sigh and roll his eyes at me. When I went in with my hubby, he treated me with respect. Two of the three specialists he sent me to were just as bad as him. One of them waited 3 months to let me know I am diabetic. Another kept telling me my pain was in my head until I went to the arthritis clinic and I was diagnosed with two kinds of arthritis and fibromyalga. He caused me more health issues than he helped. Do NOT go to him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

have been his patient for 5 years. Too many mistakes have made me look for a new doctor. You cannot trust his follow up or his referrals. First one: Had blood work done to find out if I was pregnant. Called the office and they said that it hadn't come in yet. I thought this was a lie so I called the blood lab myself and asked. The lab told me the paper work was sent 2 weeks ago and even told me that I was pregnant because, they felt so bad that I had been waiting 2 weeks to get my results. Fail 2: After having my son, I had a something that needed attention. He referred me to someone that made me feel uncomfortable. When I went home, I found many bad reviews of day surgeries gone wrong, resulting in death! 3. I made another appointment to bring this to his attention and ask for a new referral. It has been well over 6 months and I still do not have an appointment to see a specialist and his staff have told me that I just have to wait. I'm very disappointed and have no trust in his staff, referrals, or follow ups.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

When my girlfriend's little 9 year-old son kicked me in the groin, I called to book an appointment to see Dr. David Yip because the pain had not subsided for several hours. The staff person told me the earliest to see Dr. Yip would be the next evening. I didn't think I needed to go to the emergency, since the pain was not too bad, but I still wanted to get checked since my testicles did not feel "100 percent normal" and there was still some discomfort. At Dr. Yip's office, waited for more than half an hour. During the examination, Dr. Yip was totally unsympathetic and non-listening. When I asked him a question, he said that I had "already asked that question, and, quote, "How many times do I have to answer that?? I told you already!" He seemed unsympathetic that my girlfriend's little son had kicked me in the groin. In fact, he implied that I somehow "deserved" it for picking on the boy, and that because I wasn't the child's father, I had no right disciplining the boy. He told me that I was "nothing" to the child, and that I had no right laying a finger on the kid, even though the kid is extremely naughty and physically aggressive. Dr. Yip made me feel as though I was to blame for getting kicked in the groin, and that the boy was just reacting and I "better watch out". He kept asking me, "Why would a 9 year-old boy kick you in the balls?? That is not normal! How are you treating him?" Dr. Yip didn't seem to care a word that I was saying. When he examined my testicles with his fingers, he was rough, rolling them around and applying pressure which only increased the discomfort that I was already feeling. After about a minute or so of such rough examination, he simply told me, "There doesn't appear to be any swelling of your balls. They look okay to me." Fortunately, the pain finally went away the next morning, and everything was okay after that, but my visit to Dr. David Yip left a very bad taste in my mouth. Never again will I ever go see him.

Submitted April 25, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Yip for 20 years. He is very understanding and knows his stuff. My only concern is that follow up is not very good. I have learned however, that I need to make an appointment in order to get results for blood work, MRIs etc. Overall, I am very happy with the service he provides.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr Yip is a good doctor; however, I try to avoid going to see him unless I am in dire need because from past experience I know its going to waste hours of my life due to the poor scheduling process and complete disregard for the value of patients' time at this clinic.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Have been with Dr Yip for 20 years and never had a bad visit. Has picked up so many problems and been so helpful to me and my family. I haven't waited more than 45 minutes for him - don't know what people expect to wait for a doctor who listens to his patients. We highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014