Ratings for Dr. Laurie R. Green

Dr. Green delivered my son and took over my prenatal care in my 2nd trimester. I was terrified I would lose my baby and her expertise and suggestions really helped me get through everything. She is a high risk docter and because of that she is called into a lot if emergencies. I am grateful that she delivered my baby. Especially since she spotted a problem with my intestines and called in a specialist to help her fix it. She came to check on me after my son was born every morning. at around 5pm i would wake up to find her checking on my wound. That is true dedication. When I had PPD she was very sensitive and reassuring. I am very thankful to her.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Why is she opposed to requiring genetically-modified foods to be so labeled?

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

She recommended an emergency c section and it resulted in a small bowel obstruction - nightmare.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Green's for at least 25 years. She has always been terrific with me. Sure, she can feel rushed at times, that is the nature of needing to work with insurance companies. But, I have ALWAYS felt that she has paid attention to my own needs and questions and as answered all of them satisfactorily.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Terrible to nurses. wants to c-section all her patients.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2008

This is an efficient and effective doctor. Don't try to leave the practice, though! It took me 3 and 1/2 months, 4 phone calls and 2 trips to the office to get my medical records transfered to a new doctor. (In other words, a considerable amount of my time was wasted.) Still, I was charged (twice) for the "staff time" it took to gather the records. The doctor was not sympathetic to the idea that a patient's time is just as valuable as the staff's! I should send the office my bill...

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

Dr Green has delivered both of my children, both of which were high risk pregnancies. She is always timely for appointments, returns phone calls within 30 minutes consistently, and also has called me at home over the weekend to see how I was recovering. She was compassionate yet professional when one of our twins passed away in utero, and she was quick to diagnose when I was having an issue during delivery. If it hadn't been for her quick response, we would have lost my son. Thanks to her, he was born by emergency c-section with no health issues, and she was calming to me during the whole emergency procedure. She is always kind and pleasant and yet very factual. Both my husband and I appreciate her and have not one bad comment to share. The only time I ever had to wait for her was when she had an emergency delivery and she was very apologetic about asking me to wait. She is hands down the best OB GYN that I've ever had.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

Dr. Green has been my gynecologist for more than 20 years. One of the things that's most impressed me is that I've rarely had to wait more than 10 minutes, and the one time there was a substantial delay, she came out and spoke to me to let me know that it was an emergency delivery; I was offered the choice of waiting or re-scheduling. While she has a busy practice, she's been very responsive to my concerns and clearly explained the options as I decided treatment options for three female cancers in the early stages of diagnosis. Although she didn't have to, she checked on me when I was in the hospital for one night following an uneventful gyn surgery that morning. I find it helpful to have my questions ready, as she can be very busy, but I've never felt brushed off or not listened to. However, as another reviewer has said, I rely on her for top-notch medical care, not nurturing.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2007

Dr. Green is very smart. I went to her for years because she was supposed to be the "best"--well it depends on how you define the best. I left because after making you wait an average of an hour in the waiting room, she made me feel rushed. She talked to me standing up with her hand on the door knob and she was very dismissive. There was never time to ask more than one, or max. two questions. She was condescending and patronizing, always telling me how other's problems were worse than mine. That wasn't the point, I needed treatment for gyn problems. I wasn't into who had it the worst. On three occasions I came in for an appt. to be told I had to reschedule for another day. The office never even tried to reach me to tell me that she wouldn't be in that day. She lives on her reputation. I have no issue with CPMC

flag | Submitted February 14, 2007

I read the two reviews posted thus far regarding Dr. Green, and I completely agree with the very satisfied patient who responded. I had a very high risk pregnancy with twins, and throughout a harrowing experience, she made me feel calm and very cared for. I've never known her to be brusque or dictatorial, and she more than supported all of my choices. CPMC was great, and I never felt bullied or preached to.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2006

Dr. Laurie R. Green's Credentials

• Harvey Medical College (Grad. 1976)