Ratings for Dr. Poonam Sharma

Been seeing Dr. Sharma for about 6 months. Very knowledgeable and empathetic. I don't find that she over prescribes but instead works to find balance between therapy and medication. Made a huge difference to my quality of life.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Will not do anything but prescribe meds, does not even help recommend therapy or anything else. Been seeing her for over 3 years and trying to switch asap. She literally told me there is nothing more she can do for me,

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Horrible doctor in my opinion. She diagnosed me so quickly I felt like she jumped to conclusions. On my second visit, she prescribed me medication that was unsafe for my nursing baby. She told me to call motherisk and see if the medication was safe before taking it...then wrote out the prescription and gave it to me. I do not believe she understands postpartum at all. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. After five minutes of explaining two different symptoms of postpartum, she called CAS on me. I left crying inconsolably out of her office. My children were not in danger, I was just a mom who had been seeking help and who was honest with my symptoms. She was careless in prescribing medicine and very harsh in her approach with me.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

She is awesome. Very smart :) People need to remember she is a psychiatrist not a therapist

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

fantastic. Doctor, good listener and saved my life.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

SENT ME CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT ANOTHER CLIENT ADDRESSED TO ME.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I didn't have her for a long time but the time I DID have her I found her to be a good "Sounding Board". The only issue I had with her was that she gave me a medication that threw me into a serious suicidal episode. Which sucked. I can't put the blame on her because we were trying to find the right one to help with my anxiety at the time which later also to find out that i had bipolar and seasonal effect disorder. I really miss her though because atleast you get to PHYSICAL talk to a person unlike now where i live you deal with a camera and computer.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

I find the fast food style of psychiatry to be totally unprofessional. I timed my first appointment and it lasted 20 minutes. How do you diagnose someone in 20 minutes. All she does is push pills at you, then more pills.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

she doesn't listen very well and doesn't seem to understand mental health issues very well either

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012