Ratings for Dr. Nicholas E. Fohl

Dr Fohl is an excellent doctor. He is kind and very patient. He has worked with me on getting my diabetes under control. I have put forth more effort because of his genuine concern for me.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Dr. Fohl is in the St. Vincent Physicians medical group along with my doctor. After hours the doctors rotate being on call. I dread it when I hear that Dr. Fohl is the one on call. He is very rude, insensitive and made me cry the other day. It's as though he does not understand the meaning on being on call. He expects not to be woken up or disturbed when he has guests yet also wants to be on call. Seems highly unreasonably to me. I would not recommend this doctor to treat my dog let alone a living human being.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I have had Dr. N. Fohl as my doctor for at least 15 years. He is very knowledgeable and takes the time to listen to you and not rush you like a lot of doctors do to get you in and out in a hurry. I recommended my mother about 5 years ago and she is 81 and very pleased. Just yesterday I recommended that my sister call and see if she can start seeing him. I would not want to go anywhere else. If you are looking for a excellent doctor, I would recommend Dr. Fohl..

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

I find him to be patient and understanding. Very good listener.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2007

Dr. Fohl is very knowledgeable, does his research, and is thorough. He is not quick to dispense medications, and will always seek out a solution that requires the least medication with the least side-effects.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2006

Wonderful doctor; very personable, thorough, caring and friendly.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2006

I have been a patient of Dr. Fohl's for... well.. 15 years now. He delivered my oldest & my youngest. He has been my sister's doctor for... I think 16 or maybe even 17 years now. I have lived all over this country and no matter what I still preferred him. Dr. Fohl has become almost like one in our family. My 4 yr old will fake being sick just so he can go to see him. He's honest, he's caring, and he's fun. Definitely not a "Dr. House" if you watch the show! It is neat when I go someplace & people have over heard me talking about him and have asked for his # because they have been looking for a good Dr. I give it without hesitation. His nurse that he has is also wonderful and they make a good team. I hope she stays around for a long while because her personality is a good match with his. A great team. I have to admit...I think he is stuck with us (and me) as patients until he retires, and since he is still young he's got a while. I trust him w/ my kids' life & my life. And, I thank him!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2006

Dr. Fohl is wonderful. He has been our physician for 14 years.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2006

Dr. Fohl is great, but sometimes the bureacracy of the multi-physician office (telephone wait times) can be annoying.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2005

Dr. Nicholas E. Fohl's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Fohl is an excellent doctor. He is kind and very patient. He has worked with me on getting my diabetes under control. I have put forth more effort becaus..."

March 16, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fohl is in the St. Vincent Physicians medical group along with my doctor. After hours the doctors rotate being on call. I dread it when I hear that Dr. Fohl..."

February 23, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Nicholas" to "Nicholas E."

October 20, 2013