Ratings for Dr. Laura Abbott

Has been our doctor for years, she is not thorough, has very minimal knowledge, and has shrugged symptoms for many years... Only to find out I had a very serious condition. It took her 3 years to finally refer me to a specialist after saying it was nothing so many times... Now I have ALOT of damage that could have been avoided. I DO NOT recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Grateful she took me when I didn't have a doc in over 5 years. She was always professional for the most part- Chris her nurse was mostly rude. Dr Abbott was respected in the Norfolk community so I stayed. I had a spinal injury and got a call 4 years later to follow up if I got the referral! gave up long before for other reasons. I feel she is a great doc I really do- the back work lacks.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I completely agree with the person that said if the patient is too complicated then she can't handle it. I have been going to her for years and so has my family. I have to say that I haven't always had the best experience with Chris or Shawna or the lady at the front desk medical side but Dr Abbott was always the reason for returning. Though of recently I felt as though she was not very empathetic and when crying out for help being so sick and not getting the help I needed I sought help from someone else and I have been feeling fabulous. If she would have just took the time to hear my story from start to finish and try to piece it all together (lets look at the person as a whole and try to help make her life better so not so sick) but there was never any time. I am so glad I went and got another opinion because within 2 weeks I was feeling back to my normal self again after being very sick for over 2 years and it was very simple fix that no one including specialist could seem to wrap there heads around or they just didn't care to. I felt like they all just thought I was complaining and I wasn't actually sick like I was making it up. I now will only go to her when I have to as I have kind of lost faith in her. I know that we all have our bad days and maybe just maybe every time I seen her it was a bad day or busy or what ever. Even if she would have at any point said I don't know what's going on but lets try this and this and this and see. She did do but after I asked for her to do it. It wasn't like she came up with it on her own I had to push and follow up and call. If your dr cares about you she should be calling you and following up. This person I am seeing as a second opinion has been great and has been calling me to find out how I am feeling and doing, wow what a change to feel like someone actually cares. Even the last time I was in her office and I was voicing my concern she basically put her nose up and got her back straight up and gave me attitude (it's hard to explain the whole situation without giving my identity away) I called my mom and told her what she said and the specialist and after seeing my second opinion and my mom hearing about how Dr Abbott treated the whole situation and how far I have come from being so sick she is doubting whether or not to keep her as a Dr. My suggestion is that she shouldn't be taking new patients on when she can't properly treat the ones she has.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Dr. Abbott is knowledgeable and competent. She takes the time to explain, ask questions and listen. (This may make appointments take longer and others may have to wait but it is well worth it )

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Nurse Chris is rude sec is indifferent. Dr Abbott is nice but not practical to real life. Years ago she pushed me to go to work couple of hours a day part time. I'm a single mom- lady I would work if I could I had a lot more money. I had no benifits and the money through EI barely paid the rent. She acted like I didn't want to go back. I never wanted to be off but I have bills to pay. Lost respect then.

Submitted February 21, 2015

Love Dr. Abbott and her husband, Dr. Eivers. Sometimes a long wait to see Dr. Abbott, but you know she's not going to rush you when you are in her office. She listens, is respectful and refers to specialists when appropriate. An excellent family doctor. I feel lucky to have her!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2014

The only reason that I can think of to explain the bad reviews are educated people in Waterford. People expect doctors to know and be able to magically cure everything. As a University graduate student, I can assure you that Dr. Abbott is an exceedingly knowledgeable doctor who is very good at her job. She is and will be my doctor for a long time. Her staff are excellent and well equipped. I never feel like I am rushed, although some people should know that they are not the only people in the world looking for medical attention, and mistake an "unthorough" job for trying to get as many patients seen in a day. Dr. Abbott is very prompt with respect to being scheduled for an appointment. Her office is very nice, clean and newly renovated to accomodate many patients. I would recommend Dr. Abbott to anyone, young or old, and she's one of the reasons its nice to live in Waterford.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Our family has been going to Dr. Abbott for over 12 years. She is wonderful! We choose her as our family doctor BEFORE we had a family. We now have 2 children (12, 10) and Dr. Abbott has been with us every step of the way. Her and her staff are great with children and the care of our family. Dr. Abbott is very professional, diligent and willing to listen! She is not quick to judge and takes the time to access the situation. Her staff are always helpful too. A true gem!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

I have been going to Dr Abbott for about 16 years. Love her and her staff, rarely wait, get appointments quick. She never rushes me and listens to all my concerns and questions. My teens love her too. Chris makes me feel very comfortable in uncomfortable situations.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

This Dr has delivered both of my children and has been an awesome caring doctor to our family. Yes Chris is raw at times, but she is to the point. She is good at her job.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010