Ratings for Dr. Lina O'Brien

My visit with Dr. O'Brien was very professional but at the same time very comforting. This was my first experience with hemorrhoids, and I was referred to Dr. O'Brien and CSA by my GI doctor. It was an urgent matter of a blood clot hemorrhoid, and in a matter of minutes, Dr. O'Brien removed the clot, patched me up, and sent me on my way with detailed post-treatment instructions. All in all, it was a very calming experience and Dr. O'Brien was very kind and professional, as was the rest of the staff.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I have met and had one exam with Dr. O'Brien. I am familiar with the office staff from prior experience and they have always been very kind and professional. Dr. O'Brien impressed me with her knowledge and I was instantly comfortable and at ease. She has a plan for me and I am eager to see how I progress under her care. The type of medicine she practices is one that I find to be a difficult area to address and requires a gentle and respectable approach. Frankly, rectal problems are not as easy to discuss as other health issues and she has made me feel that my concerns are legitimate and that there is hope for an improved lifestyle for me. We will see how my care progresses; I feel very confident in her ability to help me.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

I was most fortunate that my GI doctor referred me to Dr. O'Brien. From the initial ileostomy consultation to my final surgical follow up appointment, Dr. O'Brien was kind, fully engaged, inquisitive about how I was feeling and adapting, available to answer as many questions as I could conceivably ask, and did all of these things with her warming and reassuring demeanor. My ileostomy was chosen by me, so - unlike many who simply wake up with an ostomy - I had ample time to research and prepare. In that preparation, I read many sad and troubling stories of other surgeries that have gone awry. Naturally, I was nervous. As it turns out, Dr. O'Brien is a diamond in the rough! Her work is spectacular and her personal follow through is exemplary. Many surgeons just send a representative to check up on convalescing patients. Dr. O'Brien was bedside, genuinely concerned. My stoma and I are doing well and the doctor's work is impeccable. The staff in the office - from reception to nurses - is an extension of the doctor's wonderful performance. Rose, in particular, takes meticulous care to ensure all paperwork and questions and concerns are handled. I was very ill when I met Dr. O'Brien. I'm well again and very grateful to her and her team.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

I was very satisfied with my visit. I was fretted as I came through the door. The doctor put all my worries at ease. I can now say with the info provided I am no longer worried about having my procedure done by Dr. O'Brien

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I will return to Dr. O'Brien for all my colorectal care. She took time, was patient with me and understood my concerns. Should I need it, I believe she would be an excellent surgeon. I would trust her advice. Her office staff communicates in an open and friendly manner.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

I have only had an office visit however I really appreciated Dr. O'Brien's patience and detailed explanation of her plan.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. O'Brien to anyone requiring surgery in her areas of expertise. She obviously has a great reputation and working relationship with the staff and nurses at Menorah hospital where my surgery was performed.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Made me feel comfortable in the office. Very friendly staff.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. O'Brien has a very gentle bed-side manner. I did not feel rushed in the time I spent with her before or after surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. O'Brien to whomever finds themselves in need of her medical expertise.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Outstanding medical manner. I am very glad she handled my case!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015