Ratings for Dr. Frederick Brandt

I came in complaining about my leg going numb and fever & sinus discharge. I was referred by Dr Brandt to blood test after blood test a, to specialist after specialist... in the meantime I was getting worse. I finally ended up in the hospital with drop foot and me legs totally numb..could not walk (my muscle in in my lower legs were wasting away...and I spots all over my legs). I gave up on Dr Brandt and literally dragged myself to the incredible doctors in Mt Sinai, who finally gave me a diagnosis of vasculitis (which Dr Brandt was not able to). And now I am walking fine and back to work providing for my family. Bye the way some of the fine gems I got from Dr Brandt and I quote, after calling saying I was going to be late , I arrived at his office about 10min late (after having to commute from my job in NYC with my bad legs)... Dr Brandt said to me " unless you are willing to pay my staff overtime, don't ever do this again"...mind you he made me wait about 40min my first visit when I was on time. Also at one point the good doctor said to me " your problem is that your too busy thinking about what your going to say and your not listening to me"....while I was trying to understand and explain my condition to the doctor. Hippocrates would be rolling in his grave if he saw Dr Brandt.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I've been going to him for a few years and I get shots in the arm for a spur hitting the tendon. This is terribly painful and he fixes me right up. Thank God! I'm usually good for over a year before needing to go back again. Thank you DOC!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Very good at finding what's wrong. Explains problem and treatment well.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

find another Dr. Very unprofessional and didn't seem to listen to my concerns about being on prescription meds for 4 months.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

he also kept me on medicine (prednisone) for 4 months, which everyone, not only my doctor told me was very dangerous, but even non doctors said the same thing. when i asked him about it, he wanted up the dose!!! i said, i need to think about it, and he became nasty, and hung up the phone without a good bye or anything. i really think he made me worse than i was before. If i find that he damaged my body irreversably, i will sue him and his office. i put my trust in him, and it was a mistake. my new doctor is awesome. i would not recommend him, because he may have done serious damage to my liver at this point, and joints as well.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

He kept me in medicine that I shouldnot take more than 2months as I was told by other doctors and read over the internet. He doesn't explain what my blood tests results. They took my urine sample and they lost it they didnot call me to tell me to come back to repeat it until I did (I tried to call so many times but they had problems with their phone i think) they didnot tell me what happened with the first sample and they told me to come for another sample. anyways, I will not recommend this doctor for anyone.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

Ive been with him for several years now. He is extremely knowledgeable and kind. I would recommend him to anyone. Every doctor will have someone that doesn't like him, but I would really consider going to him because he really is a great doctor who will give you all the attention you need to heal you.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

Dr. Brandt became enraged because I would not go back to the physical therapy in North Bergen he recommended and has an office in. It is obvious he has an investmen. When I explained they were niece but just did tens and heat, he accused me of having a nasty attitude with the staff, which was totally not true, The staff person named Sunshine, was just like her name, but perhaps because of the talks we had I recieved no therapy he insisted upon calling the place I wanted to go to and became rude with them over the phone, calling them not up woth the times because they did not use the cheap neck stretcher, you hand pump. I could not believe he picked up the phone and did that. Never went back. tried to go to his partner Scarpa, but he was even more rude because of the circumstance. Wow they call themselves Doctors?????

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

Knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. When you are in the exam room with him, he gives you his complete and undivided attention.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2005

Dr. Frederick Brandt's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1980)

GHI