Ratings for Dr. Per Lidman

We have been seeing him for at least 10 years for 2 of our children and his is fantastic! Very caring and really listens. He's great with the kids and our children have been in very good health under his care. Would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

My two year old was reffered to dr lidman after being rushed to emergency numerous times for having trouble breathing. I was extremely nervous about having him tested for allergies as what two year old is going to sit there nicely as there arm is being poked but low ans behold dr lidman tested him and my son never made a peep. He was fantastic! He pinpointed his allergies and got us on a plan to minimize reactions (his allergies are environmental) and since seeing dr lidman we have not had to take him to emergency once. Really great doctor!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Our experience with this doctor was very disappointing. He led us to believe he was very interested in figuring out our child's medical issues when really he had no idea and was unwilling to seek out expert opinions. We have since found help with a world renown specialist in allergy and immunology and our child is, thankfully, doing much better than he ever was under Dr. Lidman's care. He was very quick to place blame rather than admit that he simply did not know the best course of action.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

We met with Dr. Lidman regarding our son's peanut allergy after having a bad experience with another doctor. Dr. Lidman was great with my son, patient, never rushed us, and explained things very clearly. Even gave us a practice epipen to take home. It was worth the long wait to see him ( it took about 8 months to get an appointment)

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

We were referred to Dr. Lidman after our 5 month old had an allergic reaction to eggs while sitting on my lap (he didn't eat them - was only near them). While on the waitlist to see him, my son had an allergic reaction to a medication in the Stollery. We were in to see Dr. Lidman within the week (which was approximately 6 weeks after initial referral). Dr. Lidman ws excellent with my son and provided us with lots of information. He never made us feel rushed and answered all my questions. He even answered questions about my daughter, who he wasn't seeing that day, which resulted in me being able to get her referred by our general family doctor after our "ped" had said it wasn't necessary. Since then, he has taken great care of both my children. He is PRO breastfeeding which is important to me and EXTREMELY up to date with regard to the "white out" movement and the over abundanced of grains/carbs/sugars in our diets and the detriment is has on our health. A+ in my books!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I recently took my 9 year old to Dr.Lidman and he had her cracking up and smiling with his jokes! He made her feel very comfortable and told her exactly what would be happening during her allergy testing. When he sat us down to go over the results, he was very thorough and explained everything he was prescribing and exactly how to use the sprays etc...highly recommend Dr.Lidman!! His staff was also very friendly and answered all my questions!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Dr. Lidman was very friendly, respectful and helpful. He listened to everything I had to say and asked the right questions. I appreciated his diagnosis and was very happy with the treatment plan and the written instructions to take home. He is one of the best doctors I have seen so far and we have seen many!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

he is really helpful and great with kids, he is calm and a perfect listner

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Worst doctor ever. He refused to admit there was anything wrong with me but be prescribed that I stay home and take a long List of drugs. He couldn't see past to what was really wrong with me. I eventually was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder that makes me swell till the point of not breathing only at certain times of the month. To this day he denies I have this condition although his superior, head of the rare blood disorders at the U of A, was the one that diagnosed me. He's pompous, rude and full of himself.

Submitted May 3, 2011

This Doctor,in my opinion,is extremely respectful to his patients; works very hard to assist them when necessary;and provides answers to the patient's questions with calmness and reassurrance plus shows respect to his staff.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010