Ratings for Dr. S.H. Moodley

In sum: -if you interact with anyone in the office BUT his wife it’s great -his rooster of patients is huge so good luck trying to get in- make sure your not “a rooster patient on the FHT rooster” as that Emma’s he gets dinged money when you go to a walk in. You WILL need to go to a walk in for most things as he just has too many parents registered to him. This your told to call in every morning for an appointment - of course everyone else is also doing this so IF your lucky enough to actually speak to someone at the office and it’s nit his wife you are likely to be told he’s fully booked try again tomorrow or given a date and time weeks out if they deem it can wait no matter your discomfort etc or told to attend the ER. If you happen to be lucky enough to get through and his wife answers GOOD LUCK GETTING IN AT ALL. She does an excellent job of managing his day however at the exapence of client care often -For regular issues that are mild to kiderate and can wait you will likely be given an appointment ranging from a few weeks to a couple months. He is truest that busy. Hence the need to perhaps have access to a walk in even though it’s nit urgent and serious enough for the ER and even moderate enough (at the time that you need) for even a walk in... but you need to wait a long length of time if it’s a mild or moderate issue most of the time simply because he is so booked up and out. As another example if your wanting (not needing) a general physical expect to be given an appointment 6 plus months out. -When you do attend his office he is compassionate and kind however often takes a ‘least intrusive’ or ‘minimalistuc Medical’ approach to your issues. While this may work for some others that have more chronic mild to moderate issues often feel neglected and frustrated at the wait and lack of attention- he will tell you to come back but you can imagine how it feels to need to do that repeatedly when it’s so darn hard to get in each time. I truly feel he misunderstands why people go to walk ins and fall off the radar out of frustration over his office management and the feeling that your exhausted by trying to get attention to your needs. I’m pretty assertive and knowledgeable as a person but my history with him has exhausted me- to the point that I dread contacting and feel that he hunks I’m a “frequent flyer” or wanting attention or something... I’m frequent because the ongoing issues simply don’t get resolved and while he is a very nice man I really do have a busy life and would rather not attend to his office (I’d rather just be healthy and allow him to treat as many others as he chooses or can). I too share a concern that if I were too honest about this feedback I would just be fired at his patient. That worries me as I wonder what other doctor would want a patient that was fired- and I fear they do “talk”. Honestly though I’m at the point that I’ve stared looking for another doctor- however as soon as hey find out your connected already other prioritize you less (understandable ). Unfortunately I’m at the point where I need to ask to be “let go” as his patient as I just don’t trust that if my health concerns were significant they would be attended to and certainly not in any timely manner. While I’ve held on for a long time hoping to see change, enjoying he times when I’m healthy and have no need to connect with his office I realize that as I age if here ever were a severe issue (and issues are becoming more prevalent and cropping up more often) I cannot sit in the need to find someone else. I cannot imagine being in any worse position then I am now with him. I also fear that if my family got ill I’d not cope very well watching them treated the same way- so I guess I’ve realized that there’s nothing left to do but move on if I can or take my cahnaces with walk ins and the ER in future until I do find another G.P. he is a nice guy and I’m sure very helpful to some and well intentioned so I wish him all the best but for me he risk is too high that in future he will fail me in bigger ways.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

Dr. Moodley has always been a wonderful physician to me, I trust him and he has always been correct with his verdicts on my health, I would not change him, that that is why, we have to put up with his His Wife/ administrative assistant is: She is, impatient and consistently rude, each time I call, it feels like I'm just a nuisance, and she feels entitled to give health advice on what to do. I wonder if she is also a practitioner. Once I called because I was in horrible abdominal pain, and she sent me to the pharmacy to get laxatives, Thank God I didn’t listen and went to Emergency. I am just going to say that I spent the next 5 days bed ridden in the hospital. This is my advice to you Mrs. Moodley: Attention: to your - Clients, they may need really need to see your Husband it may be a life or death situation Listen with intention – and let the professionals give the recommended course of treatment Empathy: Having gone through a difficult health situation yourself, didn’t that teach you a lesson on how to be empathetic with sick/ill people? Be kind with your speech, people skills, tactfulness. Really Mrs. Moodley, we don’t go see the Dr. just for fun. If we are there is because something is wrong with our health. Appreciation: Appreciate life and people, and the fact that your husband is blessed in providing health care to the community. Acceptance: This is a matter of the utmost importance, you are dealing with health –vulnerable people, try to understand their mind set, do not patronize anyone. I wonder what happened to Carol, you should had learnt from her.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Dr. Moodley is a compassionate person and a great doctor. My daughter thinks he is an excellent doctor too. She lives in Toronto and no one comes close to his integrity and his calm demeanor. He gives you his time - and that means alot!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Excellent doctor and staff! Dr. Moodley really understands patient centred care

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr. Moodley is an excellent doctor. I dread when I get Mrs. Moodley on the phone. However, the last 2 phone calls, she has been polite. Carol is the best. I would highly recommend my family doctor. Plus, he is usually on time

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

The best of the best! First rate all of the time. Well respected by everyone. Thank you for looking after us.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

Mrs Moodley isnt rude, she is abrupt and direct. That said, i find her distasteful, it is the doctor i am there to see. Carole has always been wonderful in every sense. Dr. Moodley is outstanding with respect to any type of injury and know exactly who to send you to or what to prescribe. Spot on 100%. I also appreciate his refusal to order radiology where he is determined that symptoms expressed are ordinary. If you read about symptoms for gynecological cancers, many syptoms are not easily identified. Because of this, a cancer that should have been prevented in a doctors office resulted in several years of decline to my health, financial stability, my marriage and now my declining mental capacity to tolerate negative events. He is applying that same pattern to another health matter that has plagued me since Christmas and the ever present wait for the call back that never comes. I love you dr moidley because you did apologize to me for your role in this and that is huge in my books. But please dont dismiss me. I only come to you when i am afraid.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Same feelings as most of the other people commenting about his wife. Doctor moodley is such a great person and is so nice and caring but as a doctor he has not helped me. The only thing he'll do is refer me to other doctors and I have had to drop out of school for a year because he is SO SLOW to do anything! I had to pay $35 every five minutes for an hour long appointment with a REAL doctor who knew what he was doing. He pointed out everything wrong with me from just looking at my previous blood work that Dr moodley was saying was fine for over a year. I went back to dr. moodley again and he said the same blood work was good even though every single piece of medical document online, website I can find, and the expensive doctor say I'm really high risk for heart disease and a ton of other things. The real doctor helped me out so much in a single appointment. Long story short, IF I went to the actual doctor first instead of 'doctor' moodley, it WOULDN'T of cost me my relationship and two years of highschool and I wouldn't still be dealing with severe chronic pain.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr.Moodley has been my doctor since I was born he's an excellent doctor very caring and understanding. But his wife is terrible she does not give us any appointments and ignores you she doesn't care about the situation that you are in even if it is an emergency. Another receptionist that works here is so caring and understanding and she will try to get you an appointment on the same day and recommend any medication to take but dr.moodleys wife does not give it. There timing is also bad you have to wait 30min to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Doctor is fine but his wife is horrid. Stay away.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016