You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dean Zizzo

I was with Dr. Zizzo for many years, and it was always a negative experience. He never informed me of any of my test results, I waited for an hour+ in the waiting room just to be called in, then waited for him to see me. He threatened to drop my family and I as patients if we went to the walk in clinics. He charges $150 for file transfers when you change Dr's also. He's rude, and arrogant. His receptionist ignores calls and does not return messages. Very careless staff, including the Dr. Zizzo. Resorts to drugs before any other solutions. I'm really glad I left when I did, because I had health issues I would have never known about if I stayed under his care.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Ignorant arrogant man. Works part-time so if you want part-time Dr he is the one. Off every Friday and in summer Wednesday and Friday. Never has back up when off. Secretary tells you to go to ambulatory care and they in turn tell you they are not his back-up. Go to walk in clinics. They are faster then ambulatory care since he has no Dr backup. I do not recommend this Dr. There other Drs graduating. Check them out first before call this Dr. All Dr Zizzo cares about is the almighty buck. Too bad he is nothing like his father.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

TOO DRUG PUSHING...WILL NOT LOOK AT YOU , TOO BUSY TYPING IN THE COMPUTER TO SEE WHAT TEST OR DRUG HE CAN HAVE YOU TAKE....FULL OF HIMSELF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOD AND DR ZIZZO IS GOD KNOWS HE IS NOT A DOCTOR

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I have been with dr dean for over 15 years. Today i finally found a new doctor. Dr Zizzo is arrogant, has zero compassion and is never on time. His practise is just a business to him it seems. He is accepting new patients because a lot of his current patients are leaving like myself. I would not recommend seeing him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I have to disagree with the negative comments I have seen. Dr. Dean has been our Family Doctor for many years including my parents, my children, grandchildren and my husband and myself. Dr. Dean certainly has cared for our health and is the first person to recommend a specialist if he feels there is any doubt or concern about particular situations. Kind, generous and one of the most dedicated Family Physicians I have experienced in my life time.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Nice guy. Sharp and to the point. But assumes too much. I finally built up the courage to go for my first physical at 26 and was told it was a waste of time and not to come back until after 30. Was told I have allergies that I do not have. The shortest waiting room time I have sat through is 50 minutes (not including the second wait time in the room). Average 2 hours. Longest 3 and a half. I go less than once a year, only when I feel like I really need help, and want him to listen to me and ask me questions, not shoe me out the door in 5 minutes. I have also been refused appointments for not being a big enough concern and am told which walk-ins to go to so he doesn't have to pay up. Again, nice guy, but I expect a little more empathy from my doctor. Perhaps many people overuse his service, but check my record. If I haven't been there in over a year, give me my 15 minutes and don't jump to conclusions.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

As others posted. Arrogant doesn't even begin to describe him. I've struggled with depression for years and when I finally convinced my dad to take me to see about getting some medication to help me (confronting him alone was scary enough for me) I went in, told him WHY I was in need on it, so basically telling my entire life story, and when I finished, he said and I quote, "what do you want me to do?" In THE MOST arrogant tone of voice. He looked at me as if I was the crazy one!! All I can say is I'm 16 now and going to find my own doctor, sorry mom and dad!! I will also add that he has my little brother on insane amounts of medication for his asthma. An amount no six year old needs. Also, when we do go there it is always AT LEAST a 1-2 hour wait. Look elsewhere for a reliable doctor, people!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Zizzo was my mothers doctor. I am not happy with the way my mother was treated or the fact that he never listened to or took her seriously. My mother has since passed away and I can't help thinking that if he hadn't acted on what she went in for in a different manner she may still be with us now.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014

Dr. Dean Zizzo's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was with Dr. Zizzo for many years, and it was always a negative experience. He never informed me of any of my test results, I waited for an hour+ in the waiti..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Ignorant arrogant man. Works part-time so if you want part-time Dr he is the one. Off every Friday and in summer Wednesday and Friday. Never has back up when ..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "TOO DRUG PUSHING...WILL NOT LOOK AT YOU , TOO BUSY TYPING IN THE COMPUTER TO SEE WHAT TEST OR DRUG HE CAN HAVE YOU TAKE....FULL OF HIMSELF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEE..."

July 31, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.zizzo.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "L8H1" to "L8J 0B6". Address has been updated from "None" to "325 Winterberry Drive,2nd Floor, Hamilton". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19053881254".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been with dr dean for over 15 years. Today i finally found a new doctor. Dr Zizzo is arrogant, has zero compassion and is never on time. His practise is ..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This Doctor is second to none. Our family has always been very happy with this younger man. No complants from us "

April 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have to disagree with the negative comments I have seen. Dr. Dean has been our Family Doctor for many years including my parents, my children, grandchildren ..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Nice guy. Sharp and to the point. But assumes too much. I finally built up the courage to go for my first physical at 26 and was told it was a waste of time and..."

September 18, 2014