Ratings for Dr. Dean Zizzo

The care that the staff and Dr. Zizzo's office put into your care is insufficient. It seems that they do not pull your chart when you converse with them or ask for an appointment, as their suggestion of what to do in my case was to call back if I was still sick in a couple weeks - despite having pre-existing conditions that if they had pulled the chart would certainly have brought me in. I tried for a month to be treated and ultimately had to go to the ER twice in order to get seen and given treatment. Dr. Zizzo or his office have yet to contact to comment on results.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I only went to Dr. Zizzo a few times after my old doctor retired, and knew right away that I needed to find a better doctor. The wait times were HORRIBLE. At least an hour every time, usually longer. And once your name was called, you wait in the examining room for another 15-30 minutes yet before he would waltz in finally. Appointments were extremely short, perhaps 5-10 minutes. He didn't care about his patients personally, just wanted to write you a quick prescription and then send you on your way again. The receptionists were not friendly. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get my medical file returned to me when I left. They told me it would cost me quite a bit of money. So my new doctor was unable to gain access to my files, which included an important echo cardiogram. The parking lot!! It's pretty much the only Pay Parking on the mountain. Such a ridiculous and unkind way to rip off people who are there for medical appointments. When I had to go to a walk-in clinic at one point when their office was unable to see me, he was pretty annoyed with me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR. Terrible experience.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Put me on anti-depressants without seeing me personally, no check-ups afterwards and no opportunity to ask questions. Frequently threatened me for going to walk-in clinics. "I'm going to come after you, and you wouldn't want that" "I'm going to kick you off my roster". If you are a normal person who has a busy life and needs the fast service of a walk-in clinic zizzo is not for you. If you have mental health issues/concerns zizzo is DEFINITELY not for you.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I have had Dr Dean since he started. Never have had any problems. Always will refer if he's not sure for second oppinum. Nothing negative to say.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Just called and left a voicemail to get in as a new patient, returned my call within an hour or two and was very pleasant to speak with - worked around my schedule so that I could get in to meet the doctor within the week!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I had a horrible experience. The receptionist was so rude to me. If I could give zero stars I would, and if she was licensed I would report her conduct because it was unprofessional and not acceptable for patient interaction.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Got in within a week for a new patient admission appt. Went to make my first appointment to see the doctor... they told me 5 WEEKS to be seen by doc!!! Confusing hassle to even speak to the receptionist; Must go through a series of prompts to leave a message, then wait for a random call back once the receptionist is ready to return your call. Miss the callback? You have to do it all over again, because they will only make ONE attempt to return your call and you can never call back and directly be in touch with a receptionist, you ALWAYS have to play phone tag via voicemail and calls backs. Not nice when you get the call back in the middle of having guests over or at work and have zero privacy explaining to the receptionist why you need an appt. To be told to wait 5 weeks for something I feel is urgent that I am able to justify, and still be told it is non urgent, and know I can be dropped as a patient if I go to a walk in clinic to seek the more immediate care I need to receive help I need now is so disgraceful. I had a family doc for over 25 years and never once did I have any hassle like this. I wish I listened to all the negative reviews on here and I hope mine helps others not to waste their time the way I did.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

The receptionists in the office are very rude, they should not be interacting with the public in any way. His nurses are wonderful, caring and helpful. Dr. Dean can seem arrogant and short at times, but he is very knowledgable and I actually like him very much. He is very quick to end the visit, but the times I've needed more answers, he's given me the time I require to feel reassured. He is a good doctor, his nurses are wonderful, his reception staff is horrible, and you usually will have to wait at least 30 minutes past your appointment time. Good and bad, it's up to you if you choose to continue seeing him.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I was with Dr. Zizzo for many years, and it was always a negative experience. He never informed me of any of my test results, I waited for an hour+ in the waiting room just to be called in, then waited for him to see me. He threatened to drop my family and I as patients if we went to the walk in clinics. He charges $150 for file transfers when you change Dr's also. He's rude, and arrogant. His receptionist ignores calls and does not return messages. Very careless staff, including the Dr. Zizzo. Resorts to drugs before any other solutions. I'm really glad I left when I did, because I had health issues I would have never known about if I stayed under his care.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Ignorant arrogant man. Works part-time so if you want part-time Dr he is the one. Off every Friday and in summer Wednesday and Friday. Never has back up when off. Secretary tells you to go to ambulatory care and they in turn tell you they are not his back-up. Go to walk in clinics. They are faster then ambulatory care since he has no Dr backup. I do not recommend this Dr. There other Drs graduating. Check them out first before call this Dr. All Dr Zizzo cares about is the almighty buck. Too bad he is nothing like his father.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015