Ratings for Dr. Dean Zizzo

I had a horrible experience. The receptionist was so rude to me. If I could give zero stars I would, and if she was licensed I would report her conduct because it was unprofessional and not acceptable for patient interaction.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Got in within a week for a new patient admission appt. Went to make my first appointment to see the doctor... they told me 5 WEEKS to be seen by doc!!! Confusing hassle to even speak to the receptionist; Must go through a series of prompts to leave a message, then wait for a random call back once the receptionist is ready to return your call. Miss the callback? You have to do it all over again, because they will only make ONE attempt to return your call and you can never call back and directly be in touch with a receptionist, you ALWAYS have to play phone tag via voicemail and calls backs. Not nice when you get the call back in the middle of having guests over or at work and have zero privacy explaining to the receptionist why you need an appt. To be told to wait 5 weeks for something I feel is urgent that I am able to justify, and still be told it is non urgent, and know I can be dropped as a patient if I go to a walk in clinic to seek the more immediate care I need to receive help I need now is so disgraceful. I had a family doc for over 25 years and never once did I have any hassle like this. I wish I listened to all the negative reviews on here and I hope mine helps others not to waste their time the way I did.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

The receptionists in the office are very rude, they should not be interacting with the public in any way. His nurses are wonderful, caring and helpful. Dr. Dean can seem arrogant and short at times, but he is very knowledgable and I actually like him very much. He is very quick to end the visit, but the times I've needed more answers, he's given me the time I require to feel reassured. He is a good doctor, his nurses are wonderful, his reception staff is horrible, and you usually will have to wait at least 30 minutes past your appointment time. Good and bad, it's up to you if you choose to continue seeing him.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I was with Dr. Zizzo for many years, and it was always a negative experience. He never informed me of any of my test results, I waited for an hour+ in the waiting room just to be called in, then waited for him to see me. He threatened to drop my family and I as patients if we went to the walk in clinics. He charges $150 for file transfers when you change Dr's also. He's rude, and arrogant. His receptionist ignores calls and does not return messages. Very careless staff, including the Dr. Zizzo. Resorts to drugs before any other solutions. I'm really glad I left when I did, because I had health issues I would have never known about if I stayed under his care.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Ignorant arrogant man. Works part-time so if you want part-time Dr he is the one. Off every Friday and in summer Wednesday and Friday. Never has back up when off. Secretary tells you to go to ambulatory care and they in turn tell you they are not his back-up. Go to walk in clinics. They are faster then ambulatory care since he has no Dr backup. I do not recommend this Dr. There other Drs graduating. Check them out first before call this Dr. All Dr Zizzo cares about is the almighty buck. Too bad he is nothing like his father.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

TOO DRUG PUSHING...WILL NOT LOOK AT YOU , TOO BUSY TYPING IN THE COMPUTER TO SEE WHAT TEST OR DRUG HE CAN HAVE YOU TAKE....FULL OF HIMSELF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOD AND DR ZIZZO IS GOD KNOWS HE IS NOT A DOCTOR

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I have been with dr dean for over 15 years. Today i finally found a new doctor. Dr Zizzo is arrogant, has zero compassion and is never on time. His practise is just a business to him it seems. He is accepting new patients because a lot of his current patients are leaving like myself. I would not recommend seeing him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

This Doctor is second to none. Our family has always been very happy with this younger man. No complants from us

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I have to disagree with the negative comments I have seen. Dr. Dean has been our Family Doctor for many years including my parents, my children, grandchildren and my husband and myself. Dr. Dean certainly has cared for our health and is the first person to recommend a specialist if he feels there is any doubt or concern about particular situations. Kind, generous and one of the most dedicated Family Physicians I have experienced in my life time.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Nice guy. Sharp and to the point. But assumes too much. I finally built up the courage to go for my first physical at 26 and was told it was a waste of time and not to come back until after 30. Was told I have allergies that I do not have. The shortest waiting room time I have sat through is 50 minutes (not including the second wait time in the room). Average 2 hours. Longest 3 and a half. I go less than once a year, only when I feel like I really need help, and want him to listen to me and ask me questions, not shoe me out the door in 5 minutes. I have also been refused appointments for not being a big enough concern and am told which walk-ins to go to so he doesn't have to pay up. Again, nice guy, but I expect a little more empathy from my doctor. Perhaps many people overuse his service, but check my record. If I haven't been there in over a year, give me my 15 minutes and don't jump to conclusions.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014