Ratings for Dr. Albert C. Cattell

Very good reception, and the service was excellent, taking time to listen what I thought was the problem and explaining things in detail that had to be done. Iam going to recommend this office and Dr. Cartel to all my relatives and friends. Thank you so much

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

He and his staff are outstanding. Wouldn't go to anyone else!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I've been visiting Dr. Cattell and his practice for several years and have always found them to be cheerful, professional, and I've been able to get appointments that work with my schedule. The quality of care and professionalism is among the best I've experienced (and I work in healthcare). I confidently recommend Dr. Cattell and his practice team for your dermatology needs.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I had an issue with an invasive skin cancer that I had 2 surgeries for in January 2015. After surgery, I felt my wound was becoming infected, and just did not heal. I went to my plastic surgeon, dermatologist, and Moh's clinic Dr, and primary care physician who all felt it looked fine and, was healing without infection. By the grace of Gos, I met Dr. Cattell while taking care of his family member, and he assessed my leg, felt like something was wrong, and offered to make an appointment for him to look at it. I went and in fact had an infection, which he treated with antibiotics, and gave me direction as to who to follow-up with. He didn't have to do this, as he is outside of my henry ford network. Ultimately I went to the hospital, and was treated with IV antibiotics. I still wanted to followup with Dr. Cattell, so I let him know that another biopsy was done, and it was again cancer. He set me up with a Dr. at U of M, and actually made the appointment for consultation. He went way above and beyond in his care of me, and I cannot express my gratitude for his expertise and kindness. I will change my insurance so that I can return to use him as my dermatologist. Sometimes we have blessings in life, and he is one. Without him, I firmly believe my cancer would have spread so much further than it has. Thank you Dr. Cattell from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

Unacceptable. I waited over 45 minutes for my new patient visit and was rushed through in less than five. The blonde woman who saw me, perhaps a physicians assistant, apologized for the wait, which I understand happens sometimes with over booking. She then went on to tell me we would probably be interrupted when they needed her with someone else. She then promptly diagnosed me without asking about my concerns or needs and prescribed name brand medications. Upon seeing that I was distressed she asked what was wrong and I said I was not going to be able to afford this line of treatment. She told me she'd have the other girl give me some coupons and then left. The coupons leveled the prescriptions at about $100 a month. I was astounded. I have never seen a doctor, let alone a more expensive specialist, who has rushed me through so quickly, who hasn't asked about my prescription coverage or worked with me to find affordable options, who seemed to care about my care less. As I was leaving she pulled me aside in and started asking what was wrong. I had a difficult time explaining how frustrated I was, and then some woman stuck her head in the exam room and interrupted me. At this point she tried making small talk about my major and I decided to leave. I paid my $50 copay and left. I'm appalled that my insurance will be billed for five minutes of the lowest level care I've ever received and will not be returning.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Staff is very pleasant. Dr. Cattell is very helpful in explaining treatments and possible outcome. He listens to his patients and details a confident solution. I am especially impressed with his thoroughness with teens and their skin problems. My daughter felt completely comfortable with his professionalism and could communicate with him and his staff with ease.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I have a bothersome dark spot on my arm that hurts and wanted to have it checked out. I waited a month for an appointment. Even though I had the very first appointment the PA I saw was half an hour late. I chose Dr Cattell for his "focus" in skin cancer and was disappointed to see a PA. He spent 5 min looking over my whole body and not even taking a closer look at my arm. I never got an answer why my dark spot hurts or is irritated each time I go into the sun. He just shrugged and wanted to sell me hair removal services. I was very disappointed in my visit which cost me a fortune and was useless.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Dr. Cattell was very honest about my issues and asked many very good questions. He took the time to listen and understand before he reccomended treatment.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

Wonderful doctor. Very knowledgeable and I would recommend him to all my family and friends. Extremely friendly staff!!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr. Cattell is a very skilled physician. He runs a very efficient office. My only concern is that he is very,very expensive.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

Dr. Albert C. Cattell's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1975)

Commercial Insurance Company