Ratings for Dr. Sean T. Gunning

He did nothing for me. Suspect it was because I'm a Medicare patient; wouldn't make enough money off of me. Refused to do a treatment that has worked with other dermatologists. Won't be going back.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Diagnosed me with psoriasis when I had no symptoms of the condition. Did skin biopsy to see what rashes were, and he said"I think it is psoriasis. Did allergy testing for three days, and feels I am allergic to fragrances. The creams he prescribed helped my rashes, which I feel are contact dermatitis. The ink drawn on my back for the three day allergy test took four days to come off. Both he and his one assistant said the ink will come right off in one shower. Why not just say, It may take a few days for the ink to come off. The assistant removing the allergy test tape from my back pulled it right off which was very painful. The skin should be held with one finger while the tape is removed by the finger on other hand so as not to tear the skin (nursing101).

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

My visit was for myself and my grand daughter and he was able to see that she had something else going on by just looking at her that ended us up at Johns Hopkins and I will be forever grateful. She had been to several other regular doctors that didn't pick up what he did just by looking at her and asking a few questions.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

I was a new patient and did a fair amount of research online before deciding on Dr.Gunning. His place was nearly 45-50 miles away from mine but I still decided to go all the way given the great ratings he had. After much mental debate over months (almost years) I finally decided to see a doctor regarding my condition which was mainly of cosmetic significance. Upon reaching his office I at once realized I may not find much help. His assistant (physician assistant)herself had acne and scars. Dr.Gunning was friendly, had good bedside manner and even gave some samples for me to take. However, he just recommended an OTC moisturizer and nothing for scars and overall skin darkening. Even non-comedogenic moisturizers don't work for me and sure enough what he recommended made things worse in just about 2-3 days. I went off of it and was OK. Don't mean to rate someone poorly just because I didn't get what I asked for. Maybe he is good overall but lacks experience with cosmetic skin issues.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2010

I called one morning for an appoitment, and they got me in right away. I was a new patient. Dr. Gunning was professional, and he cleared up my problem and made suggestions another doctor hadn't made. I will definitely go back to Dr. Gunning.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

Exudes competence, answered all my questions without rushing me, was friendly, and has a nice manner. Also, I was able to get an appointment as a new patient in about a week, which seemed pretty quick.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

Dr. Sean T. Gunning's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1999)

AARP