Ratings for Dr. R. Steven Pence

Dr. Pence and his staff were outstanding. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Nearly no wait time. Staff great. Dr. Pence exceptional understanding the difficulties of compliance and taking time to be human with my struggles. Made a difference today.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Staff and Dr. Pence are super helpful and knowledgeable. Waited less than 15 minutes to be seen each time we went. Appointments were for a 1 year old child. Staff and Dr. Pence made sure he was comfortable with what was happening every step of the way. Only complaint I have is we didn't receive an appointment reminder call so we missed one appointment.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Staff is helpful and Dr. Pence is knowledgable. Customer service is lacking. They are consistently late in app't times, but very adament about your punctuality. They show no flexibilty and value their time more than the patients they serve.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

His staff is always very nice. I think Dr. Pence is knoweldgable and helpful. However, they are never on time! I have been in there as long as 2 hours for a standard check up. He is very hesitant to perscribe medications, or refill without a visit.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

He charges way more than insurance allowable charge. He put me on all different kinds of meds, said I had asthma, then i didn't have asthma, went from one thing to next. I went to him coughing so bad I was crying and he told me to take more reflux medication. He scheduled me to do allergy testing and when I went to take it, changed his mind and said it wouldn't do any good, and then said to call him if I needed anything. Nice!!! I have still continued to cough and just wasted my money. He never did give me any answers. Staff was ok, but all he did was stare at his laptop and If I tried to ask him a question about my condition, he said I had to be quiet while he was looking over my chart. After all that looking he should have been able to figure it out. I do not recommend him. Staff is fine but he was rude and didn't help me at all. Doesn't mean he won't help you but me - it was a waste of time.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Fantastic doctor. He listens to you and really cares about your responses. I wish he was our general practioner.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

I've suffered from alergies all my life. When I moved ot Harriosnburg a few years ago Dr. Pence became the third allergy doctor I've have had. He is absolutley the best. He is caring and spends the time to understand your problems. At first I didn't follow all of his recommendations, and unlike most doctors he did not treat me in a condescending manner when I told him I hadn't done x y and z. After a couple of years I ended up following all his recommendations to a t and for the first time in my life I went through an entire school year without a cold or sinus infection. We in Harrisonburg are very fortunate to have such a good allergy doctor in our town.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

I absolutely love this practice. Dr.Pence and staff have done wonders for my daughter and son. No matter what time of day or night he has always been available. My daughter can breathe, and play sports which we never dreamed off. The nurses are all very knowledgeable and compassionate when you need them. The office staff are all friendly and do everything they can to get you a appointment when needed. I truley believe that I owe my daughters child hood to this practice. KUDOS!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

I think the Dr. Pence and his staff are the most polite and helpful that I have every encountered and there have been plenty. Dr. Pence is very concerned with how you feel and what he can do to make things better. He gives the patient choices regarding any drug therapies he may recommend. The staff are very helpful when you have questions they are more than happy to help. I have struggled with allergies for years and he has helped me tremendously.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Dr. R. Steven Pence's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Harrisonburg, VA