Ratings for Dr. Buddy K. Festerling

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Only OK for the visit. Follow was ok. I think they got the medcation correct.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Have heard many negative comments about him in the Hilo community. Appointments are made quickly, but wait time is long. He spends little time with the patient and does not follow up after tests and procedures. But he is good about referring to specialists in Hilo for tests and treatment. Seems ignore the issue of overweight problems, possibly for personal reasons.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Being a Family physician, Dr Festerling often accomodates a scheduled patient, who happens to bring a sick spouse or child with them, thereby making the next in line, have to wait. He is a caring physician who takes the time to answer all of my questions and doesn't rush me out the door. I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

Horrible physician. No follow up. Does not care about his patients. Not punctual. Doesnt care.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Standard response is "we need to run some tests" Doesn't follow-up when ordering tests Doesn't ever return your calls Doesn't display any personal concern or interest in his patients.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

I've been going to Dr. Festerling for several years. He addresses the issues you bring up with him and has always given appropriate care. The referrals that have been given are always for good doctors. His staff is accomodating and helpful and really helped when I was on disability for an injury. In discussing difficult issues, he has always been professional and has always listened. Although sometimes he fails to communicate everything about your illness, I was surprised how through and complete he was when I was discussing my care with another doctor and had a chance to see my records. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

This person probably was last is his class. He never follows through with his patients. Never follows through making referrals and hands out medications like candy. His real name should be the pusher man. Has a nice personality for being here but he would not make it anywhere else. He has caused me many extra medical problems that I would not have had if he had monitored me or at least read my results of tests.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Buddy K. Festerling's Credentials

• University Of Hawaii John A. Burns School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Hilo, HI