Ratings for Dr. Monica J. Trail

I was her patient in LA, I would recommend her. She was polite and knowledgeable. she was very professional, I do not understand the other comments, my experience was really positive and she helped me.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Agreed, find another dermatologist for medical reasons.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I've seen this doctor multiple times over the last 5 years. She is amazing. Compassionate and knowledgeable. It's very hard to get an appointment with her, but she's worth the wait. I strongly recommend her to everyone I meet.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I could hear her talking about me from behind the door. She was upset that I scheduled a check up for moles which she thought was going to benign without looking at it. She was very loud and obnoxious from outside and I surely thought this cannot be the doctor, however, she took 30 minutes (there were no other patients waiting) and she finally came in she rolled her eyes at me and acted very arrogantly. I will never go back to this doctor and it's no wonder she had so much time... nobody wants to go back to her. To me that's a red flag, if a doctor in a saturated community such as Los Angeles cannot be busy with enough patients. Shame on me for not doing homework before seeing her. what a waste of money. Do yourself a favor and find other dermatologist. This is America, there are always plenty.

Submitted April 21, 2016

I've seen Dr. Trail for almost 6 years now. (Probably 10 times totall) She has been compassionate, knowledgeable, and honest every time. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND her!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

I would definitely not recommend her for medical reasons.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I would definitely not recommend her. I have been her patient for five annual checkups over the last four years. First of all, I consistently have to wait 30-45 minutes beyond my appointment time (either in the waiting room or the exam room) even though there appears to be nobody ahead of me on the sign-in sheet. My annual exams barely take five minutes so I have no idea what the wait is related to. My first four annual checkups basically resulted in nothing being done or a few spots on my hand or arm frozen and one benign mole removal from my back. On my most recent annual exam, she commented on a ¼ inch growth under my eye that she has looked at every year for the last four years. She said it was most likely a slow growing basal cell carcinoma but didn’t make any other comment. I asked what should be done about it? She replied that we could just watch it or she could biopsy it that day or I could come back another time for a biopsy as there is no real urgency. Surprised by the news, and knowing that I’m prone to skin cancer, I obviously elected to have her biopsy it immediately since I was already there. As a side note, the small biopsy left me with a completely black eye that lasted over four weeks. Upon my return two weeks after the biopsy to discuss the results, she confirmed that it was a basal cell carcinoma and that I should have it removed within a few months. After four years, there is now urgency? I asked why she waited so long to deal with this as it had been growing slowly over the last four years and wouldn’t it have been easier to deal with it when it was smaller? Her reply was “I really don’t have a good answer for that”. She had to refer me to another doctor as she was not able to perform the necessary surgery because it was now a more significant and tricky surgery since it was now larger and so close to my eye. Additionally, at that visit, upon my request, she had to again freeze a spot I had asked her to freeze at my visit two weeks prior as that spot was in the location of another basal cell carcinoma I had to have surgically removed by one of her colleagues six years prior. When she initially froze it two weeks earlier she said it was just an “age spot”, but due to its texture and proximity to my first basal cell carcinoma surgery, I had my doubts. She could be correct that it was just an age spot but if it was just an age spot, why did it not go away with the first freezing and need to be frozen again? Maybe she just froze it poorly the first time, I don’t know? At this point, I have lost confidence that I am getting good and proper care so I am now in search of a new dermatologist. It is partially my fault for caving to convenience for the last few years (near my home) versus my real perception of proper care. It’s only my opinion but I don’t feel she has much interest in or passion for taking care of “other” people’s skin. Her care, or lack thereof, has caused me much more anxiety than was necessary.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Very insensitive and not very knowledgeable to say the least. Did not have any clear diagnosis and want to wait for my condition to get worst before she can figure it out! I also waited around 40 mins past my appointment time and was seen maybe 5 mins. Then she hurriedly went out the door ! I wouldn't recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I have seen Dr Trail twice. Today was for a check up and she removed skin tags for me. I honk this doctor is great. She is very informative and explains everything. Her staff is also great and I have not waited on either visit. I also find Dr Trail to be very nice and friendly. Just a great doctor and I am glad I found her.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I agree, she is arrogant, and is makes bad medical decisions.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Dr. Monica J. Trail's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Amerigroup