Ratings for Dr. Laurie G. Massa

Rude, rushed and didn't seem to want to stoop to addressing cosmetic concerns. I was told what I thought was acne was really swollen oil glands and a giant flesh colored mole. She said I could have the mole removed if I thought it would be worth the scar but didn't want to discuss it further, implying that she doesn't want to deal with that kind of thing. She said there was nothing that could be done about the swollen oil glands (later I found out she was wrong; there are lots of treatments -just no cure). When I asked about fine lines and wrinkles and if I could I get a Retin A prescription, she told me to use over-the-counter Retinol because she reserved Retin A for people over 40 (because they need it more??). No explanation given as to why. She didn't discuss laser treatments or chemical peals. I spent more time typing this than she spent with me.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Dr. Massa was very cold and didnt seem to care about me or my problem. She rushed through the procedure in 4 minutes. She couldnt even look me in the eyes at times as she seemed to be in such a hurry to go to the next room and make more money.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Dr. Massa is very thorough, interested in her patients, and works very hard to develop the best approach to help her patients. I would recommend her without any hesitation.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Laurie G. Massa's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)