Ratings for Dr. Lee R. Bittenbender

My son is a new student at KU. Since the first week of moving there, has had ongoing fever, hives. He has seen four doctors and upon last emergency room visit, the doctor there sent him to Dr Bittenbender. He spent five minutes on my son and told him to take Claritin. He did not listen to history, course of meds my son was prescribed and took, did not honor the request for thyroid test that my son's regular physician said he needs for follow up to suspected problem. He dismissed him and told him it was just hives. It was a complete waste of time and money; this doctor should not be practicing if he cares so little about his patients. He is abrupt, rude and has absolutely none of the qualities that you would want in a doctor. I would strongly recommend to anyone thinking of going to him to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

I've had to go there a couple different times for a couple simple things.. skin tags and acne. As for the acne he was a life saver. The skin tags were an in and our process which went fine. I've never had an issue with the staff all the girls have been friendly with me. As for the doctor himself he's really just a quite straight shooter. I personally recommend.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr. Bittenbender isn't a people person at all. Very cold personality, ask little questions. Clearly comes across as if he HATES his job. The girls that work the desk are unprofessional & rude. I went to this office because it was quicker for me to be seen vs. the other dr. I wanted. Now I see why!!!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

I went to him to have an overall skin check because my brother had a melanoma. He barely looked at me. I waited a year (because of insurance) and went to another dermatologist and he said I had a couple of moles that should be removed. Neither were melanomas, but I'm glad they were removed because now I don't have to worry about them.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

So rude! I had went to him when I was in high school and hated him then bc he was so unhelpful. Needed to see a derm again for same problem so being that there is only two derms in Lawrence I chose him since I could get In when I needed....BAD IDEA!! He took 2 seconds to look at my face then quickly wrote me a script. Didn't really ask questions or anything. Would've liked some advice on what products I should use and should stay away from. I will not be going to my follow up appt in two months but instead ill try the other dermatologist. Don't waste your time. Please!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

Dr. Bittenbender was very condescending. His bedside manner was lacking. I have heard similar reviews from other people around town. He medicated me with antibiotics for mild acne for several months (over a year) and it caused other major health issues. He claimed to not know about the possibility of these side effects. Try another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

Dr. Lee R. Bittenbender's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan