Ratings for Dr. M. Woolfrey

ONLY THE VERT BEST FOR KNEES AND HIPS. A LONG WAIT OF COURSE BUT WELL WORTH IT.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Thanks for nothing and refusing to see me as a patient after being referred to you. Im glad the reason state's your picky about the cases you see

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

As a healthcare professional myself, I can't say anything bad about my experiences with this excellent surgeon! He was able to help me immensely between surgery and injections. He also is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to you. The only reason I can't give him 5 stars is simply the fact that they overbook in the fracture clinic, so therefore end up backed up. Part of the wait time is also probably related to the fact that he takes his time explaining all your options. As for this garbage about him pushing pain medicine, I did not experience that at all. I found he gave enough pain medicine to get me through the immediate post op period, but nothing excessive. If people only took the narcotics for moderate-severe pain instead of for every little ache and pain, they would probably be better off. I agree with a previous reviewer.. take Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen for mild-moderate pain instead of the narcotics. Make sure to follow the post op directions and get into physio and you will find that things will go much smoother! Kudos to Dr. Woolfrey.. thanks for the excellent care!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Very smart and overall helpful. seen him only 3 times for my knee pain and I still have pain, the injections are not working. I will stick with him because people say he is the best, but I hate waiting so long in clinic. His staff is good.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Excellent surgeon, nice staff, but waiting for 3-4 hours in the clinic is ridiculous. The hospital should really jump in and help manage this situation, I'm sure there is a better way to run a clinic.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Same as last review. Excellent skills and nicest person, but when you wait 2.5 hours to be seen And you don't even get to see the doctor, that leaves a sour taste. I would recommend him to anyone, but expect long wait times.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I saw Dr. Woolfrey in the spring of 2015. He is very friendly, knowledgeable and in spite of how busy he was, he was on time for his appointments. The only complaint is the wait time for surgery.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

excellent care my knee is perfect thanks Dr. Woolfrey

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr Woolfrey is the best surgeon I ever met love your big heart Dr. Woolfrey continue the hard work

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I saw Dr. Woolfrey on Boxing Day 2006 at the age of 16-17. I was taken into the hospital by ambulance after a serious car accident. The first surgeon I saw (16 hours later) said I was going to be airlifted to London to have my hip pinned back together. They were just getting everything in order. Shift change happened which is when I saw Dr. Woolfrey (at hour 17.) He told me I'd be fine on crutches and sent me home with non weight baring instructions for a few weeks. My family and I thought this was good news, thinking the injury wasn't really that severe. As I was released first thing in the morning, my parents made an appointment to get me in with my family doctor that afternoon just as a formality. I had deep wounds on both knees that were never treated at the hospital and I had no pain prescription. My doctor took care of these issues. She was not impressed with the care I received. I was screaming in pain trying to sit, stand, use the washroom etc. The pain was so severe I couldn't wish it on anyone. Due to a high pain tolorance and thinking my injury wasn't severe, I kept overdoing it. I reopened my break three times. By April 25 2007 my hip was still fully broken and unstable. The following year I settled my claim with the lawyer. As we went over facts my lawyer wanted me to confirm that Dr. Woolfrey admitted me for one week for pain management and bed rest/absolutely no getting up. EXCUSE ME!!? He did no such thing! To find out he lied on my chart right after sending me home was and still is infuriating! I'm now 26 and on disability because I can't work. I can't complete daily tasks, I can't do much of anything. I am bed bound and in chronic pain for going on NINE years now despite being on Fentanyl and Percocets! Because of my age no surgeon will do a full hip replacement! I have no cartilage left, the labrum is torn, I have a bone cyst where the break was and I have bone chips. My hip joint is bone on bone rubbing together. It catches, it pops, it cracks! I used to be very fit and athletic and a serious horseback rider! I've lost all of that! I've lost all of who I was! I will have to wait for decades before I can get my hip replaced because of my age. It should be MY choice to have it done now. I know they only last an average of 10 years and you can only have two in your lifetime but it should be my choice if I want it done now instead of when I'm older. I'm missing out on my life because of this! I don't even think I'll make it to 30 let alone 40, 45, 50 when they'll MAYBE do a replacement. This doctor ruined my life. Maybe if he had actually admitted me like he said he did I wouldn't be in this position. Dr. Woolfrey should make this right by doing a hip replacement on me. Give me back my life!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015