Ratings for Dr. M. Woolfrey

He is the best Orthopedic doctor I have ever seen. He is a very busy doctor - we have to wait to see him at appointments but he is worth the wait. I have had both knees and a revision of my right hip and I trust him with life.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Don't know what I would do without Dr Woolfrey,,,he is the best...never makes us feel rushed..answers any questions we have...great person all around.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Great doctor who knows his stuff. Had knee surgery over a year ago. Never felt better. Back playing hockey.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

ONLY THE VERT BEST FOR KNEES AND HIPS. A LONG WAIT OF COURSE BUT WELL WORTH IT.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Thanks for nothing and refusing to see me as a patient after being referred to you. Im glad the reason state's your picky about the cases you see

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Did both my hips. 10 years later they are still working beautifully. Wonderful work !

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

As a healthcare professional myself, I can't say anything bad about my experiences with this excellent surgeon! He was able to help me immensely between surgery and injections. He also is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to you. The only reason I can't give him 5 stars is simply the fact that they overbook in the fracture clinic, so therefore end up backed up. Part of the wait time is also probably related to the fact that he takes his time explaining all your options. As for this garbage about him pushing pain medicine, I did not experience that at all. I found he gave enough pain medicine to get me through the immediate post op period, but nothing excessive. If people only took the narcotics for moderate-severe pain instead of for every little ache and pain, they would probably be better off. I agree with a previous reviewer.. take Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen for mild-moderate pain instead of the narcotics. Make sure to follow the post op directions and get into physio and you will find that things will go much smoother! Kudos to Dr. Woolfrey.. thanks for the excellent care!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Very smart and overall helpful. seen him only 3 times for my knee pain and I still have pain, the injections are not working. I will stick with him because people say he is the best, but I hate waiting so long in clinic. His staff is good.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

The staff at brantford hospital are great, and dr. woolfrey's secretary is amazing, helpful and super nice. This was only my 2nd time at the orthopedic clinic, and she is super nice. I hated waiting for 3 hours to see the physician assistant and dr. woolfrey, but the secretary made me feel better when she noticed how upset I was. For a simple followup visit after a broken bone, I can't believe I have to wait so much. The worst part is seeing people that just walk up to the head of the line and get his foll attention for a pain script !!!! It seems like the ones who complain the most, get the faster service. Tottally not fair. I like the hospital, hate the wait times.

Submitted November 9, 2015

Excellent surgeon, nice staff, but waiting for 3-4 hours in the clinic is ridiculous. The hospital should really jump in and help manage this situation, I'm sure there is a better way to run a clinic.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015