Ratings for Dr. M. Woolfrey

As a healthcare professional myself, I can't say anything bad about my experiences with this excellent surgeon! He was able to help me immensely between surgery and injections. He also is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to you. The only reason I can't give him 5 stars is simply the fact that they overbook in the fracture clinic, so therefore end up backed up. Part of the wait time is also probably related to the fact that he takes his time explaining all your options. As for this garbage about him pushing pain medicine, I did not experience that at all. I found he gave enough pain medicine to get me through the immediate post op period, but nothing excessive. If people only took the narcotics for moderate-severe pain instead of for every little ache and pain, they would probably be better off. I agree with a previous reviewer.. take Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen for mild-moderate pain instead of the narcotics. Make sure to follow the post op directions and get into physio and you will find that things will go much smoother! Kudos to Dr. Woolfrey.. thanks for the excellent care!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Very smart and overall helpful. seen him only 3 times for my knee pain and I still have pain, the injections are not working. I will stick with him because people say he is the best, but I hate waiting so long in clinic. His staff is good.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Excellent surgeon, nice staff, but waiting for 3-4 hours in the clinic is ridiculous. The hospital should really jump in and help manage this situation, I'm sure there is a better way to run a clinic.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Same as last review. Excellent skills and nicest person, but when you wait 2.5 hours to be seen And you don't even get to see the doctor, that leaves a sour taste. I would recommend him to anyone, but expect long wait times.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I saw Dr. Woolfrey in the spring of 2015. He is very friendly, knowledgeable and in spite of how busy he was, he was on time for his appointments. The only complaint is the wait time for surgery.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

excellent care my knee is perfect thanks Dr. Woolfrey

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I saw Dr. Woolfrey on Boxing Day 2006 at the age of 16-17. I was taken into the hospital by ambulance after a serious car accident. The first surgeon I saw (16 hours later) said I was going to be airlifted to London to have my hip pinned back together. They were just getting everything in order. Shift change happened which is when I saw Dr. Woolfrey (at hour 17.) He told me I'd be fine on crutches and sent me home with non weight baring instructions for a few weeks. My family and I thought this was good news, thinking the injury wasn't really that severe. As I was released first thing in the morning, my parents made an appointment to get me in with my family doctor that afternoon just as a formality. I had deep wounds on both knees that were never treated at the hospital and I had no pain prescription. My doctor took care of these issues. She was not impressed with the care I received. I was screaming in pain trying to sit, stand, use the washroom etc. The pain was so severe I couldn't wish it on anyone. Due to a high pain tolorance and thinking my injury wasn't severe, I kept overdoing it. I reopened my break three times. By April 25 2007 my hip was still fully broken and unstable. The following year I settled my claim with the lawyer. As we went over facts my lawyer wanted me to confirm that Dr. Woolfrey admitted me for one week for pain management and bed rest/absolutely no getting up. EXCUSE ME!!? He did no such thing! To find out he lied on my chart right after sending me home was and still is infuriating! I'm now 26 and on disability because I can't work. I can't complete daily tasks, I can't do much of anything. I am bed bound and in chronic pain for going on NINE years now despite being on Fentanyl and Percocets! Because of my age no surgeon will do a full hip replacement! I have no cartilage left, the labrum is torn, I have a bone cyst where the break was and I have bone chips. My hip joint is bone on bone rubbing together. It catches, it pops, it cracks! I used to be very fit and athletic and a serious horseback rider! I've lost all of that! I've lost all of who I was! I will have to wait for decades before I can get my hip replaced because of my age. It should be MY choice to have it done now. I know they only last an average of 10 years and you can only have two in your lifetime but it should be my choice if I want it done now instead of when I'm older. I'm missing out on my life because of this! I don't even think I'll make it to 30 let alone 40, 45, 50 when they'll MAYBE do a replacement. This doctor ruined my life. Maybe if he had actually admitted me like he said he did I wouldn't be in this position. Dr. Woolfrey should make this right by doing a hip replacement on me. Give me back my life!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Woolfreys for a few years now. I have treated with the highest respect and he has worked so hard on fixing a knee that another surgeon wrecked. For those of you who say he is pushing drugs at you,,,,,say no...he doesn't know if you need them or not...you are the one complaining of pain. Maybe you have to get your big girl or boy pants on and deal with some pain instead of taking the drugs...you only get addicted if you let yourself get there,..Stop blaming this great doctor for your weakness...try some Tylenol...may just work. Get off his case.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I am a health care professional with lots of experience in pain management I am totaly believing the comments about Dr. Woolfrey involvements in drug addiction is not realustic Unfortunatly we have limited options in chronic pain management which are narcoticts and one if its adverse reactions are addiction which with chronuc pain we ysualy do nothing about it unless uf the patient would like to afford pain and limit his daily activity and quit narcotics I am always hearing excellent feedback about Dr. Woolfrey and as a colleague l know he is doing great job honestly he is the best that i came cross

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. M. Woolfrey's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "As a healthcare professional myself, I can't say anything bad about my experiences with this excellent surgeon! He was able to help me immensely between surger..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Very smart and overall helpful. seen him only 3 times for my knee pain and I still have pain, the injections are not working. I will stick with him because pe..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon, nice staff, but waiting for 3-4 hours in the clinic is ridiculous. The hospital should really jump in and help manage this situation, I'm s..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Same as last review. Excellent skills and nicest person, but when you wait 2.5 hours to be seen And you don't even get to see the doctor, that leaves a sour ta..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Woolfrey in the spring of 2015. He is very friendly, knowledgeable and in spite of how busy he was, he was on time for his appointments. The only com..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "excellent care my knee is perfect thanks Dr. Woolfrey"

October 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Woolfrey is the best surgeon I ever met love your big heart Dr. Woolfrey continue the hard work"

September 11, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Woolfrey on Boxing Day 2006 at the age of 16-17. I was taken into the hospital by ambulance after a serious car accident. The first surgeon I saw (16 ..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Woolfreys for a few years now. I have treated with the highest respect and he has worked so hard on fixing a knee that another sur..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a health care professional with lots of experience in pain management I am totaly believing the comments about Dr. Woolfrey involvements in drug addictio..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "The best knee surgeon in town. It feels great after 2 knee scopes and 2 knee replacements. I got an infection, but he did a great job fixin it. The only neg..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He did my father's knee replacement 7 years ago, and I remember his waiting list was shorter than and his attitude was much better. Today's clinics are so busy..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Great secretary, she seems to be working very hard managing all these patients and complaints, I'm certain she does not get paid enough. She was very helpful t..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I love coming to clinic, even if I have to wait 3 hours to see him. He does great work. "

June 26, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Without a doubt the best surgeon I have ever had. I was operated on 3 times before, and he fixed me up for good. I feel great. Best knee replacement I've ha..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "The best hip and knee surgeon in town, and the nicest person. I had great results the only issue is the long wait times."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best hip and knee surgeon in town. I had both my done, and very pleased. He takes excellent care of his patients and I appreciate his staff and his time. ..."

June 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dont pay attention to other reviews. Dr. woolfrey is the best surgeon in Brantford. Has the most experience, and has great people skills. "

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing, fantaboulous surgeon, best surgeon that I met always taking care of all the patients details, I was on one his patients, never met an excellent physic..."

June 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I must be one of the lucky ones. Dr. Woolfrey has been thorough, spot on with diagnosis, sympathetic. I don't always see him for my knee injections, but one o..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wawo waited years for telling he is horrible that does not make sense and continuing going to him inspite of that that sounds odd Please leave space for the pe..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Now all of these mean comments from jelous family physician shame on you to speak about your colleague in this bad way dr. Woolfrey is an amazing physician and ..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It seems the one below job is just spreadinglies about this excellent physician i have no idea what is your exact problem if u do not want to wait do not come ..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am not a person to comment on sites like this but some of the things being said about Dr. Woolfrey and his staff makes me see red, First of all if your lifes..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "most of the reviews are unrealistic, he is very dedicated surgeon, and he likes his job alot and very hard worker, his wife is seeing patients as physician not ..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This programme is having the lowest number of infections in the area, I really do not believe these reviews. I also did not see his wife in the clinic for long..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent knowledgeable decent physician best in Ontario "

May 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "DR WOOLFREY pretty much saved my Life....In 2012 I had arthroscopic surgery April 20th....May 3rd I ended up in the emergency with severe pain on my side ...Dr..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor was gorgeous , accurate, great with my daughter and very sweet and decent !! Thank you!!"

November 24, 2014