You may also like

Rate Dr. M. Woolfrey

Dr. M. Woolfrey's Ratings

i cant rate this doctor i haven't seen him yet ,,,,but i can say everyone has their own opinion , not everyone is gonna like him and the fact hes gonna help you with pain management (given out meds) if thats not how you deal with your pain ,or if it is thats up to you no one has the right to say anything in that fact ,,say no if you choose not to have them ,,i have herd nothing but good from my friends and family who have had him as a doctor so i will see for my own in the next couple weeks but i can comment that the wait time and staff and everything has been very quick and i mean with in a month till i had my appointment from my referral ,,i can post my thing but just remember whats good for me isnt or may not be good for others come check him out for your own opinion ,, have a great day !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2881441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Woolfreys for a few years now. I have treated with the highest respect and he has worked so hard on fixing a knee that another surgeon wrecked. For those of you who say he is pushing drugs at you,,,,,say no...he doesn't know if you need them or not...you are the one complaining of pain. Maybe you have to get your big girl or boy pants on and deal with some pain instead of taking the drugs...you only get addicted if you let yourself get there,..Stop blaming this great doctor for your weakness...try some Tylenol...may just work. Get off his case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878238].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I am a health care professional with lots of experience in pain management
I am totaly believing the comments about Dr. Woolfrey involvements in drug addiction is not realustic
Unfortunatly we have limited options in chronic pain management which are narcoticts and one if its adverse reactions are addiction which with chronuc pain we ysualy do nothing about it unless uf the patient would like to afford pain and limit his daily activity and quit narcotics
I am always hearing excellent feedback about Dr. Woolfrey and as a colleague l know he is doing great job honestly he is the best that i came cross

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2875507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

I've never been a person to complain about our great Canadian health care system, but my interaction with Dr Woolfrey has ruined it for me. I had my hip replaced by Dr Woolfrey 6 years ago and since then I have had 3 revisions and numerous infections. He was great in the beginning but after 6 years of pain and disability, I am still suffering and worst yet, addicted to narcotics that he got me started on. I was always impressed at how kind and gentle he was, but the addiction has ruined my life. I can't do anything without taking these drugs everyday, I have to worry about how often I take them and when I can get a refill, my family doctor does not believe I take so many, and he refuses to refill them, so I am only left with Dr Woolfrey to do so. I can not get rid of them, and it makes me feel horrible. I wish there was a way I can get help, and I wish someone would have monitored him and me in the beginning so this terrible addiction would have not occurred. I am very disappointed at the health care system at turning a blind eye on Dr Woolfrey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2875261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Just terrible. Had the worst experience at his clinic about 2 months ago. Waited for hours to be seen for 5 minutes, then he gave me pain medications and injected my knees. He told me to return every 3 months for more injections and more drugs. I want my pain to go away, I don't want to come to his clinic every 3 months and wait for 3 hours for injections and medications. Why can't he just fix my knee with surgery. I also don't want to be addicted to drugs, which I think he prescribes way to much, from what I can see and hear in the clinic. I won't go to him anymore, will try London or Hamilton.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2874907].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

The best knee surgeon in town. It feels great after 2 knee scopes and 2 knee replacements. I got an infection, but he did a great job fixin it. The only negative is the waiting !!!! 2-3 hours on average. I go to him regularly for check ups and refills, he is always nice to me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2858743].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

He did my father's knee replacement 7 years ago, and I remember his waiting list was shorter than and his attitude was much better. Today's clinics are so busy, we waited for 2.5 hours for a 3 minute appointment. After all these years, we are just tired of this. I agree with the other reviews, he might be a great surgeon, but his clinics are getting worse. I also saw several patients pass by me to get personal scripts, without having to wait for anything !!!! Seems wrong to me.

When we finally got to see him, he was in such a rush that he did not even listen to what we were talking about and just kept on chatting, and chatting. Total disrespect and unprofessional behaviour in the clinic. I think this work is really getting to him. But he does do a wonderful knee replacement.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2854964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Great secretary, she seems to be working very hard managing all these patients and complaints, I'm certain she does not get paid enough. She was very helpful to me. Having to wait another 3 hours to see the doctor is horrible, but he is the only option I have.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I love coming to clinic, even if I have to wait 3 hours to see him. He does great work.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2850125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Without a doubt the best surgeon I have ever had. I was operated on 3 times before, and he fixed me up for good. I feel great. Best knee replacement I've had. With such a great surgeon, you get the usual wait times, 2-4 hours !!! For a 3 min visit!!!! I love the guy and would never talk about him, but why can't they do something about the long wait times!!!! It seems like most of the patients are coming for injections, can't they schedule them somewhere else? The only other thing that bothers me is a couple of patients just walk up to the doctor area and stand there, the doctor stops what his doing and gives them a script, I'm assuming it's for narcotics, from the previous reviews. That's also not fair and seems odd, can't they just go to the office.

Like I said earlier, great surgeon and wonderful work, but scheduling and patient management could be improved. He should hire a business management consultant.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2849443].votes_count ]]