You may also like

I've been a patient of this great surgeon for years. The care I get is top notch, and he is the best joint surgeon in town. I agree with the other reviews about the long wait times, it sucks. I've sometimes waited up to 4 hours to see him and other times 10 minutes. I was there a few weeks ago when the lineup was out side the clinic and that was a bad day, but it's rare. The only thing I don't like about his practice is that some patients just walk in and get scripts for pain medications and walk out. They seem to get preferential treatment because they are loud and complain. I wish he would just get rid of these patients from his practice or see them elsewhere, they are really discouraging for the others. But overall I love him and I think he's great.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Very smart and overall helpful. seen him only 3 times for my knee pain and I still have pain, the injections are not working. I will stick with him because people say he is the best, but I hate waiting so long in clinic. His staff is good.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Wait time at the clinic is not great, but it's a Canadian hospital limitation, not his., the service is the best and he has the best outcomes of any joint replacement surgeon in the region. Love the man for his great attitude and personality

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Ruined my knee after 2 infections and 1 broken bone. I decided to go to a better surgeon in Hamilton that actually fixed my knee and took better care of me. The 3 hour waits in the clinic and the poor care are unacceptable. Even the hospital came to complain about the patents lined up outside blocking fire routes. Worst experience.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I recently injured my knee and came to see dr Woolfrey. Had great expectations as his reputation as being the best knee surgeon in Brantford. I was disappointed with the consult. Starting with a 3 hour wait to see his assistant and then him. Follows by treatment options I already did and offered me surgery for 1 year from the visit. Does he expect me to suffer for 1 year ? He then offered me injections until the surgery, which I already had and they don't work for me. He gave me a narcotic script and said that he will manage my pain until the surgery. I was hopin for something else, not drugs and injections, but a solution that will not cause me dependence.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Excellent surgeon, nice staff, but waiting for 3-4 hours in the clinic is ridiculous. The hospital should really jump in and help manage this situation, I'm sure there is a better way to run a clinic.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Same as last review. Excellent skills and nicest person, but when you wait 2.5 hours to be seen And you don't even get to see the doctor, that leaves a sour taste. I would recommend him to anyone, but expect long wait times.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

highest regards for dr woolfrey but when I wait 2.5 hrs to see HIM I do not want to see his assistant, I had surgery and when I came for my 6 week check I saw his assistant and he told me at that time that things were good and that I really did not need to go to physio any longer...big mistake...although I did my exercises routinely I built up so much scar tissue that I can barely move my knee now...the frustrating thing is the assistant didn't even look at my knee to see the swelling...etc..just saw that I had good movement at the time and that was it...I was so disgusted that I am not going back for any more checkups...no use ....he has no idea what he is taking about and no sense wasting my time. I do have to do a rating on dr woolfrey and it is not going to be good...great doctor but he should be on top of what his assistant is doing and not doing so therefore need to go with a bad rating.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

I saw Dr. Woolfrey in the spring of 2015. He is very friendly, knowledgeable and in spite of how busy he was, he was on time for his appointments. The only complaint is the wait time for surgery.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

excellent care my knee is perfect thanks Dr. Woolfrey

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. M. Woolfrey's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of this great surgeon for years. The care I get is top notch, and he is the best joint surgeon in town. I agree with the other reviews abo..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Very smart and overall helpful. seen him only 3 times for my knee pain and I still have pain, the injections are not working. I will stick with him because pe..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Wait time at the clinic is not great, but it's a Canadian hospital limitation, not his., the service is the best and he has the best outcomes of any joint repla..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Ruined my knee after 2 infections and 1 broken bone. I decided to go to a better surgeon in Hamilton that actually fixed my knee and took better care of me. T..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I recently injured my knee and came to see dr Woolfrey. Had great expectations as his reputation as being the best knee surgeon in Brantford. I was disappoin..."

November 29, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon, nice staff, but waiting for 3-4 hours in the clinic is ridiculous. The hospital should really jump in and help manage this situation, I'm s..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Same as last review. Excellent skills and nicest person, but when you wait 2.5 hours to be seen And you don't even get to see the doctor, that leaves a sour ta..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "highest regards for dr woolfrey but when I wait 2.5 hrs to see HIM I do not want to see his assistant, I had surgery and when I came for my 6 week check I saw ..."

October 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Woolfrey in the spring of 2015. He is very friendly, knowledgeable and in spite of how busy he was, he was on time for his appointments. The only com..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "excellent care my knee is perfect thanks Dr. Woolfrey"

October 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I broke my wrist a few months ago and waited 6 hours in the emergency department and was casted by the ER doctor. The next week I came to see dr Woolfrey and w..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Woolfrey is the best surgeon I ever met love your big heart Dr. Woolfrey continue the hard work"

September 11, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Woolfrey on Boxing Day 2006 at the age of 16-17. I was taken into the hospital by ambulance after a serious car accident. The first surgeon I saw (16 ..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "i cant rate this doctor i haven't seen him yet ,,,,but i can say everyone has their own opinion , not everyone is gonna like him and the fact hes gonna help yo..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Woolfreys for a few years now. I have treated with the highest respect and he has worked so hard on fixing a knee that another sur..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a health care professional with lots of experience in pain management I am totaly believing the comments about Dr. Woolfrey involvements in drug addictio..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I've never been a person to complain about our great Canadian health care system, but my interaction with Dr Woolfrey has ruined it for me. I had my hip replac..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just terrible. Had the worst experience at his clinic about 2 months ago. Waited for hours to be seen for 5 minutes, then he gave me pain medications and inj..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "The best knee surgeon in town. It feels great after 2 knee scopes and 2 knee replacements. I got an infection, but he did a great job fixin it. The only neg..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He did my father's knee replacement 7 years ago, and I remember his waiting list was shorter than and his attitude was much better. Today's clinics are so busy..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Great secretary, she seems to be working very hard managing all these patients and complaints, I'm certain she does not get paid enough. She was very helpful t..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I love coming to clinic, even if I have to wait 3 hours to see him. He does great work. "

June 26, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Without a doubt the best surgeon I have ever had. I was operated on 3 times before, and he fixed me up for good. I feel great. Best knee replacement I've ha..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "The best hip and knee surgeon in town, and the nicest person. I had great results the only issue is the long wait times."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best hip and knee surgeon in town. I had both my done, and very pleased. He takes excellent care of his patients and I appreciate his staff and his time. ..."

June 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dont pay attention to other reviews. Dr. woolfrey is the best surgeon in Brantford. Has the most experience, and has great people skills. "

June 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst experience ever. It was about 2 years ago when I had my knee surgery, and I am still in chronic pain. I come every 3 months to get injections which hel..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing, fantaboulous surgeon, best surgeon that I met always taking care of all the patients details, I was on one his patients, never met an excellent physic..."

June 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I don't know what the rest of the reviews are talking about, but he's a horrible surgeon. He told me that he could fix my foot with surgery and after he finish..."

June 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to him for a shoulde injury I sustained about 3 years ago and all he did was prescribe injections and therapy. None of which helped, so he started t..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I must be one of the lucky ones. Dr. Woolfrey has been thorough, spot on with diagnosis, sympathetic. I don't always see him for my knee injections, but one o..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wawo waited years for telling he is horrible that does not make sense and continuing going to him inspite of that that sounds odd Please leave space for the pe..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible, horrible, horrible. I've been wanting to tell people about how bad he is for years, and when I found out that people are finally speaking out on this..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "People keep complaining about the same issues as always, wait times, drug pusher, questionable consults and not actually being in clinic. But there is one iss..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "100% agree with the previous review. Dr woolfrey is a great technical surgeon but his professional and medical and social responsibility is poor. I was one of..."

June 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the previous review, Dr wool greys patients are usually very happy about the actual orthopaedic care they get. The surgical outcomes are very good..."

June 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Now all of these mean comments from jelous family physician shame on you to speak about your colleague in this bad way dr. Woolfrey is an amazing physician and ..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I am a family physician in Brantford with a major issue with Dr Woolfrey. I have had dozens of patients shared with Dr Woolfrey and the biggest complaint I ha..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Where the heck is the doctor? I've come to his clinic now 4 times and have not seen him once. I get treated by a nurse or a pa, but not him. Is this even le..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible outcome after my knee replacement. I have chronic pain and had it revised 2 times after he fixed me. Got infected, needed antibiotics for 6 months an..."

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I used to like him because he talked with big words and made it seem like he knows it. But after having my 4th knee scope surgery for arthritis with maniacal t..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst punctuality ever for a physician. I waited for 3 hours to see his assistant for a 5 min appointment. All he did is offer me injections and medications ..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It seems the one below job is just spreadinglies about this excellent physician i have no idea what is your exact problem if u do not want to wait do not come ..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Another horrible visit at his clinic. 3 hour wait for a 2 min visit, what a waste of time. He might be a good surgeon, but he has no idea how his scheduling a..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am not a person to comment on sites like this but some of the things being said about Dr. Woolfrey and his staff makes me see red, First of all if your lifes..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Worst scheduling ever, 3 hour waits, not professinal. Orthopedic care below average and the first time I meet Woolfrey it was his wife, I was surprised to see ..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Last week the clinic wait time was horrible. 3 hours for me and my kid, for a 2 min visit with the doctor and another hour wait for X-ray and casting. I'm not..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "If you are a patient of dr. Woolfrey you already know that his clinics are busy and you have to wait, and wait and wait. If you are like me, retired and have a..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "After waiting for 4 hours to see him, I can see why people are getting upset. He comes across as a nice guy, and probably knows why he's doing, but having such..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "most of the reviews are unrealistic, he is very dedicated surgeon, and he likes his job alot and very hard worker, his wife is seeing patients as physician not ..."

May 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible surgeon. My moms knee surgery got infected and needed several surgeries. She now has a stiff in and constant pain, much worse than before surgery. I..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I can't believe how they allow him to work in the hospital. He's clinic was crazy this week, 4 hour wait and people were lined up in the hallways. I was talk..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst surgeon I've ever been to. Waited for 3 hours to see him, he gave me 3 minutes, an injection which made no difference and booked me for more useless inje..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I waited 4 hours in ER to be seen by a nurse and given a sling for my arm fracture. And today I waited for 3 hours in the fracture clinic to be seen by a tire..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Just like the other reviews, I have to say that his scheduling is horrible. People are waiting for hours to see him, sometimes not even him, his wife or his as..."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This programme is having the lowest number of infections in the area, I really do not believe these reviews. I also did not see his wife in the clinic for long..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent knowledgeable decent physician best in Ontario "

May 17, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "His clinics are just too busy and I hate wasting hours in clinic waiting for a 2 min visit. He needs to stop this nonsense and start booking patients better. ..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Why does he book so many patients in clinic. I waited for 2 hours for a simple consult and treatment and I only spoke to him for 2 min. What a waste of time. ..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is full of himself. I waited for 2.5 hours in clinic last week, to be seen by his physician assistant and not even be introduced to dr. woolfrey. ..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Woolfrey did a hip replacement for my father, and we were told he was the best. But after getting 2 infections and have 3 surgeries and now my father can't ..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Woolfrey maybe a good surgeon but his motives appear to be questionable. He spends very little time with patients, and talks more than he listens, mostly p..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "DR WOOLFREY pretty much saved my Life....In 2012 I had arthroscopic surgery April 20th....May 3rd I ended up in the emergency with severe pain on my side ...Dr..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor was gorgeous , accurate, great with my daughter and very sweet and decent !! Thank you!!"

November 24, 2014