Ratings for Dr. David J. Zeiger

Found Dr. Zeiger through this site and visited end of 2013. The doctor was about 45 mins late getting in for the day. After telling Dr. Zeiger of lower back pain, he did two things. First was suggest the HCG diet of 500 calories a day. I declined as I have been on and off of several extreme diets and didn't want another. Then, he cracked my back for me. It felt better for a moment, but long term, nothing changed. I was charged $200 for this back crack, in addition to the $300 new visit fee. (before adjusted by insurance). When I called to explain to his office that I didn't feel I should have to pay for the osteopathic manipulation (ie, back cracking that didn't help), I was brushed off by the receptionist/collector. I paid, but I will find another doctor for future needs. I prefer to be explicitly told when "treatments" will be an additional cost. To end on a positive note, while unfortunately not helpful or informative, all were personable.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

Great Doc. Very helpful, and takes the time to get to know what you are about. Equally versed in alternative and traditional medicine. Great for thyroid and sports-related injuries. He only recommends what really works. If you want to get well this is the guy to see. It wouldn't be a stretch to say this man has made my life livable again.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. David J. Zeiger's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1985)