Ratings for Dr. Dolar R. Koya

Most horrible experience I've ever had in my entire life with a doctor. Came in because my son had had a small growth on his eyebrow that his pediatrician initially said was just a fatty cyst and it'd be fine. Since then it changed in color, shape, size, placement. So the mommy in me decided to trust my gut. The receptionist was nice and friendly, but the doctor was straight mean, abrupt, and cold. Better I am a mother of an 8 year old freaking out that my son might have cancer seeing as 3 people in my family have recently died in the last 7 years from rare cancers and he's making nasty comments and sarcastic jokes. He had told me it had to come out and be biopsied but he would lose most of his eyebrow or I could call a plastic surgeon. I then asked if a plastic surgeon did it would they biopsy it as well, because I didn't just want it out, I wanted to know what it was. His answer to this was "how the heck should I know? I don't know what Obama is going to do tomorrow, how would I know that? " There were alot if abrupt and not great bed side behavior that I can't even name all of them. I left there almost in tears of frustration. Never again, and I fast from recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Probably the best physician experience I've ever had. My seven-year-old had a wart in his heel (yes, IN, not on). Dr. Koya spent 30 minutes with us examining and explaining, then offered to remove it that night if we waited for his last patient. Twenty minutes later he had us back in and began to remove the wart; spent 45 more minutes with us! He removed a wart shaped like (and only slightly smaller than) a Hershey's Kiss. There was no blood, no pain; he engaged my son the entire time and had him laughing. My son walked normally the next day and played in a basketball game 5 days later! Still no blood. My son thinks Dr. Koya is cool; I think he's part genius, part magician. This man has a great bedside manner and provided us with an excellent patient experience. I HIGHLY recommend him and his staff (also very nice and professional) without hesitation.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

Dr. Dolar R. Koya's Credentials

• Grant Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1963)