You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James (Jim) Scheib

I give Dr. Scheib five stars. He has been my Dr. since 1980. He is a great Dr. who truly cares about his patients. He is very knowledgeable, friendly and open to discuss anything with me about my health.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

He's been my primary doctor for 25+ years - I can't say enough good things about him!! - He's very patient, sensitive, listens to me, refers me to specialists, as needed - his staff is great, too! - Wonderful doctor!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr. Scheib has been my doctor for over 20 years and has been superb in overseeing my health. He is patient, keeps current in the relevant research, and know when and to whom to refer me when I am in need of a specialist.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

Great individual/Doctor!Personable and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

Average doctor of average smarts. Not the worst, but definitely not the best. Small word of caution he does talk to the office staff reguarding personal information so be careful what you tell him. Over all if your desperate go to him, but don't make him your primary doctor.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

Very professional, very caring, always willing to listen. He would make an excellent detective, as he is very good at diagnosis. The only downside is that his office staff is not always as helpful as they could be.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Professional, good beside manner. Former ER doctor, so good for minor concerns, injuries, and general long-term conditions (asthma, diabetes). Often makes referrals (preferably within Sansum Clinic). Does NOT like to prescribe controlled substances (but if needed, he WILL make referrals, e.g. to psychiatrist, pain managemnent specialist, etc.). Will only prescribe Xanax in SMALL quantities, and ONLY at 0.25 mg dosage (and will tell you to break in half). Will write notes to excuse you from work/school, but not for very long! Old-fashioned, professional, caring doctor. Tells you to "get plenty of rest." I don't think he prescribes any painkillers stronger than Vicodin, and only "#30, No refills" (5/500's). Will prescribe Prozac and Wellbutrin for depression (although grudingly). Caters to middle class, obviously-should have good insurance plan, but will help with referrals. Does respond to phone calls. Sometimes his PA (Denise) is better. But he is alright---maybe needs a vaction.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

Excellent bedside manner, comforting, works with you to establish choices for care. Dr. Scheib is excellent.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Dr. James (Jim) Scheib's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I give Dr. Scheib five stars. He has been my Dr. since 1980. He is a great Dr. who truly cares about his patients. He is very knowledgeable, friendly and open t..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He's been my primary doctor for 25+ years - I can't say enough good things about him!! - He's very patient, sensitive, listens to me, refers me to specialists, ..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Scheib has been my doctor for over 20 years and has been superb in overseeing my health. He is patient, keeps current in the relevant research, and know whe..."

November 29, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=66337'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 5, 2014